What's new

Xenforo Vs. vBulletin Vs. Invision Community

Xenforo, vBulletin, and Invision Community are some of the most popular software to build forums and online communities. I have used forums built with all of these forum scripts, however, I have never used these forum software for my own forums. Therefore, I have no experience with these software. If you have tried these software, which do you think is better and what are your reasons for using thge software you are using at the moment.

I always liked the way vBulletin looked and worked. I never really got much time to play with though, but each forum I joined that was vBulletin based were usually my favorite. Bizdustry uses Xenforo, I like the way Xenforo looks and works, reminds me somewhat of a compact version of vBulletin.

Don't remember Invision Community, wasn't it Invision Board?

I have only used XenForo as an owner and I've only considered seeing what Burning Boards is about, due to the low price. However, though, I got nothing against the other platforms, but I have heard negative things about Vbulletin, but I'm not sure if problems are truly because of the software only.

XF is also one of the cheapest forum scripts, right? As a user, I find XF forums clean and easy to navigate. Most of the forums I use use XF. I would really love to try XF one day. However, until that day I will continue to use open source forum platforms.

Though I haven't used the backend of these forum softwares, but from the frontend experiences I have so far, I think I like xenforo quite more than others cause it themes are so impressive and its add-on is not to be left behind.

XF is also one of the cheapest forum scripts, right? As a user, I find XF forums clean and easy to navigate. Most of the forums I use use XF. I would really love to try XF one day. However, until that day I will continue to use open source forum platforms.
Because it is for one reason it is easier for monetization or this needs more time for other forum provider especially free one it is practically impossible in free version.

Because it is for one reason it is easier for monetization or this needs more time for other forum provider especially free one it is practically impossible in free version.
The software you use has nothing to do with monetization. While you cannot monetize hosted sites, including free hosted forums and blogs, you can monetize any sites using any platform as long as you are using a custom domain. I use open source scripts and all of my forums on open source are monetized.

There's a lot of negative press with Vbulletin. Do you feel it's justified? Myself, I suspect some problems might not be the software, but the owners.

Anyway, Vbulletin developers who had left the company started XenForo.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back