What's new

Would you trust computers to make decisions?

Lämmchen

Resident Member
500 Posts Club
Mar 15, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
It's possible that some day our computers will be making decisions for us and that could be things such as what to add to a grocery list, when to unlock a door, etc. Would you trust your computer to do those things? What things would you not want your computer to handle?

In this digital age/era it may one day be possible for our computers to make decisions for us. Hence I wouldn't want my computer to handle anything concerning my personal life. Live it for me to decide jor o.

Its a no for me a computer is an electronic artificial intelligence this means even if it is capable of making decision it will be on the basis of enhancement.

Artificial intelligence is devellopped by human so we can trust the intelligence of human used to develop this robot because they make decisions that we think generally in such cases and possibility to learn new basis per each case.

The computers are acting under instructions being passed on to them by a human, so if you instruct the computer well then you can trust its decisions.

It's possible that some day our computers will be making decisions for us and that could be things such as what to add to a grocery list, when to unlock a door, etc. Would you trust your computer to do those things? What things would you not want your computer to handle?
I think computer is a care collating machine and trusting of our decisions on calculating machine such as computer is not good idea some people use computer to unlock the door and reporter computer to control about computer report I also suggest you to do this because it is not a good type of trusting the serial

I can never allow computer to decide the schedule of my life for me, the only thing I can allow computer to solve for me is mathematical problem, anything else from that, I take decision for myself.

It is true that technology has been advancing by leaps and bounds. In my very personal case I would not like the computer to make decisions for me, so I am very independent to do routine things, as you describe, like opening a door.

Of course, it was programmed by humans to act that way. So it is actually a human decision, so yeah i can accept computers to make decisions.

Of course, there are autonomous devices that could make decision on your behalf. They are dependent on Artificial Intelligence and machine learning, so there is no harm in that.

in trusting computers to make decisions it depends on the kind of decisions in question because I believe human can make mistakes talk more of an electronic device made by man.

In the UK it has recently come to light that a faulty computer system resulted in many postmasters being wrongly accused of fraud and some even serving a prison term between 2000 and 2014. I know we have come a long way since then but it does make you doubt whether computers should be making decisions

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-28 Dozens of postmasters accused of theft by Post Office due to faulty IT s...png
    Screenshot_2021-04-28 Dozens of postmasters accused of theft by Post Office due to faulty IT s...png
    22.7 KB · Views: 2
I will never trust a computer to make decisions for me. That is not to say that the computers are bad. But personal decisions, I will not allow it

Everything in life get limit,so for my computer to do things for me is normal but it get the limit of things that I would allow my computer to do for me, which I will prefer to do by myself.

The problem is, as someone rightly pointed out to me on another site, computers are programmed by humans so if a human makes an error the computer will make a decision based on what has been entered. It all comes back to human error.

We are already in the era that computer is greatly involved in our daily life. The device we hold, the server in our working place and so many more. Any malfunction from this systems can cause so much problem.

One way or the other, we have trusted computer to make decision. When we go to the ATM to get some cash, some of us hardly count the money dispensed because we trust that the atm will not make a mistake.

There would come a time one would be busy that one would have to delegate responsibilities even to computers like we do with alarm clock to make the decision to wake us everyday.

Computers can be accurate but not always especially when there is something wrong internally and you can't ascertain easily, other that a virus or something but computers can be a good substitute sometimes

It may take decision for us and many things are changing now a days but I always have a doubt on their decision power and we can nor trust on it as their are thousands of example in the world which small error creates big issues.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back