What's new

Would you take a job as video game tester?

greenie

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Apr 28, 2020
USD
$-0.0600USD
Biznotes
Would you ever take a job being a video game tester? I originally wanted to be a game tester around the time I was a teen. But I soon gave up on that dream, as I found out it wasn't as fun as you'd think. Game testers need to play the same sections over and over, and basically they need to break the game. This helps further develop the game, and helps fix any problems.

Who here would take a job as a game tester? Does anyone here work as a game tester?

I wonder if anyone managed to find one, )) I mean not sure if there was at any point positions in my country for that.

I would say yes but not in every game .. just sport games ( pro evolution soccer / fifa ) because it's been years since i am playing those games ... i can judge the new versions easley ... i can compare between the new version and last ones ... i am a big fan of this two games and i hope they will get better in the coming years .. so we can enjoy it more

When I was a kid this was actually my dream job. I mean I thought you got to set around and play video games all day, which of course that's what they do! But you have to go through the same levels over and over again. They probably literally get assigned one part of a game and have to repeat the process of playing the level, seeing if anything is out of place, and also provide detail feedback of any bugs you might encounter. I just wouldn't want my hobby to become mundane, and honestly that's what happens to game testers probably. (Likewise it's probably the same reason why I wouldn't want to be a programmer professionally...)

If I didn't have issues with sitting for extended periods of time, I would love to test games for a living. Though, if it was testing games that involved wearing a display and moving around, or in a room that has a omnidirectional treadmill that is linked to the game, then I would love to test them out.

Definitely I would expecially if it's from a reputable brand like Play station or Xbox. I love games cos it relaxes the mind and soul. An escape route from all stress

Video game tester can be a lucrative and fun to do business for those who love to play games and know the rules involved.
Personally, me and game are on two different lanes and I have tried several times to play and fall in love with games, all to no avail, so i would not take a job as a video game tester.
Another factor is the time use in sitting down to play. I do not have just amount of time

Would you ever take a job being a video game tester? I originally wanted to be a game tester around the time I was a teen. But I soon gave up on that dream, as I found out it wasn't as fun as you'd think. Game testers need to play the same sections over and over, and basically they need to break the game. This helps further develop the game, and helps fix any problems.

Who here would take a job as a game tester? Does anyone here work as a game tester?
I like to play games but not for earning purpose. I think game tester job is boring and time consuming too. It gives nothing just to play same thing over and over. So better to enjoy games rather to make it boring

The question should be,is there anybody that will say no to this job,some jobs are better imagined than becoming a reality,if the job will give me that liberty to do other task and get involve in other programs I will gladly take it.

Well if you mention that I dont think I will want to do that, since I dont like and get connected to every game I like my own games and I wont have the strenght to play so many different games and win them...so I dont think I want to work in such a job I rather play for fun the games I like :)

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back