What's new

Would you pay a "living wage" to new employees?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I know this heavily comes down to what the job is and the duties are and every country has different standards in what is considered a living wage. I think for most people in America, a living wage would be a wage that you are able to provide for yourself housing, a car, food, and able to pay standard bills as well as afford health insurance. I think a living wage with inflation for a single adult in America is looking to be somewhere around $3,500 per month or $42,000 per year.

A full time job that cannot pay to a worker an amount that is sufficient for that worker to use and run himself or herself is not worth it. Your work should be able to finance your life at a comfortable basic level.

People work so that they can earn a living. But that does not mean that all jobs pay a living wage. Most people settle for getting the most basic things only. You will have to have really good skills and qualifications to get a job that provides a full living wage.

It depend on the profit I'm getting from the business. The reason for starting a business is to make profit. So, you can be paying people living wages when your business is not generating much profit. The more your profit, the more Money you can pay your employees.

Well I think a living wage as stated only relevant in some parts of the world not everywhere.

Most of the companies in my place or even the government have not been into such policies because alot of people are looking for something to satisfy their needs.

If I have a big business and if I was making a lot of profits, I would certainly pay for a living wage to my employees. However, my businesses are small and I cannot do that.

People work so that they can earn a living. But that does not mean that all jobs pay a living wage. Most people settle for getting the most basic things only. You will have to have really good skills and qualifications to get a job that provides a full living wage.
So many graduates in my country are doing jobs that the pay can take care of them for two Weeks. It is because of the because of the level of unemployment in the country.

A full time job that cannot pay to a worker an amount that is sufficient for that worker to use and run himself or herself is not worth it. Your work should be able to finance your life at a comfortable basic level.
It is true that the work is not worth it and that is why it is important to accept a job that worth your time that you spend on it. This is what I do too

It is true that the work is not worth it and that is why it is important to accept a job that worth your time that you spend on it. This is what I do too
Do you realize that in our country, many people are working jobs that can't adequately finance their basic survival. I know of people that work and still depend on their parents for food daily because the pay can't do anything reasonable for them.

Do you realize that in our country, many people are working jobs that can't adequately finance their basic survival. I know of people that work and still depend on their parents for food daily because the pay can't do anything reasonable for them.
This is true and it is because they believe that they do not have a choice. I feel like they have a chance and they are open to a lot of choices but a lot of them do not know how to go about

This is true and it is because they believe that they do not have a choice. I feel like they have a chance and they are open to a lot of choices but a lot of them do not know how to go about
I would rather tell such a person to come and work in forums. With the same level of work they put in those miserable jobs z some can make $5 daily working on forums..

I would rather tell such a person to come and work in forums. With the same level of work they put in those miserable jobs z some can make $5 daily working on forums..
It is possible to make even more than $5 in a day on forums when you are serious with it and that is why some people working on forums do not want to work offline anymore

A living wage is typically seen as the amount of money required for an individual to cover their fundamental necessities, such as housing, food, and medical care. The case for a living wage is made on the grounds that it can increase economic growth, decrease poverty and inequality, and enhance worker productivity and well-being.

Getting a living wage means you are getting paid handsomely which is not really possible here in my country , though some people are getting it on monthly basis , but most people have to settle for what they see because of unemployment .

When you pay a living wage, your workers can comfortably afford the things they need to live by comfortably. That can lead to greater staff retention as staff won't need to be scouting around for better offers.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back