What's new

Would you park your domain for future use?

Claraviolet

Addicted Member
1000 Posts Club
Jun 19, 2015
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
So, let's just say you have taken down your website as it's dying(or dead), then would you keep holding onto the domain name? Or would you release it as well? I am sure it will be very hard to get it again in the future unless no one purchases it.

Well, what are your thoughts on domain parking in this situation? Would you willing to pay for the domain renewal every year? I have mixed feelings here.

I wouldn't want someone else to make use of the domain to get all the benefits( from SEO side) but making use of it again in some faraway future(it's a farfetched idea in a way) .....it's going to take a lot of time. So, what do you all think?

if i decide to let go of a website for any reason, then definitely i will also let go of the domain name as well, what is dead, is dead there is no need of keeping a hold of a part of it.

What is dead, is dead; there is no need to hold onto a piece of it. If I decide to let go of a website for any reason, then I will undoubtedly also let go of the domain name.

So, let's just say you have taken down your website as it's dying(or dead), then would you keep holding onto the domain name? Or would you release it as well? I am sure it will be very hard to get it again in the future unless no one purchases it.

Well, what are your thoughts on domain parking in this situation? Would you willing to pay for the domain renewal every year? I have mixed feelings here.

I wouldn't want someone else to make use of the domain to get all the benefits( from SEO side) but making use of it again in some faraway future(it's a farfetched idea in a way) .....it's going to take a lot of time. So, what do you all think?
If you have other ones that are successful, it may be hard to come back to it and it's best to let it go.

I do wish I had parked mine though, but the niche was really competitive and I had no experience in blogging.

I think parking the domain is a good idea. That way the site can still keep bringing in revenue while I'm not actively running it and I can sell it for higher price if I see that revenue is on the increase.

Considering the fact that I don't have any domain of my own at the moment,but I don't think keeping your domain for future use is a bad idea, one can keep it for future use.

I am not a domain marketer even though I have a tiny experience in marketing of domains.
I strongly believe that keeping domain for future use may not attract profits

I have done so in the past but never actually made use of it so I tend not to do this anymore. I would rather only have domains I plan on using within a certain time period or I get rid of them.

If i own a website that i have taken down because it was dying or is dead, then i won't keep on holding to the domain name. I don't see any reason to hold on to the domain name.

This is particularly something that I do not really see as important but if there is ever a need then I will definitely consider it. I have also never seen any of my clients who has considered it before.

If i own a website that i have taken down because it was dying or is dead, then i won't keep on holding to the domain name. I don't see any reason to hold on to the domain name.
there is no reason to hold on to a domain name that is dying except you have come up with a very good plan to make the website come back to life and it has to be a very good plan since it is a dying site.

There was a time when I used to park my domains with namecheap. But these days my domains are parked by namecheap (because I register with namecheap). Most of the time I buy domains for website creation purpose, therefore, I don;t park them too often.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back