What's new

Would you increase the amount of rent every year if your tenant is really good?

Rent is also payment for services rendered the same way it's done for other services. Considering how inflation has been occuring these days, it only makes sense that rent would increase too. The only thing is that is that it should be sensible

Inflation is a growing problem and many countries (including developed countries) are also having some sort of inflation. I think this is why it does make sense to increase the rent eventually and this is what people should understand.

It depends on many factors. If for example cost of maintaining the the hostel is rising and I see the amount l always collect isn't enough for the maintenance costs, l would have no option than to increase the tenant rent.
You are right. The cost of maintaining the hostel is rising and therefore it is but fitting to increase also the rental fees. Even though the renters are very good customers, I believe that they will also that because of maintenance cost increase in rental fees will also increase.

You are right. The cost of maintaining the hostel is rising and therefore it is but fitting to increase also the rental fees. Even though the renters are very good customers, I believe that they will also that because of maintenance cost increase in rental fees will also increase.

Yes, there are many thing we need to conisder. For example, daily expenses related to housing are rising in almost everywhere in the world. However, there are some countries that are really cheap. However, the problem is that almost all the countries are now becoming really expensive.

There are reasons why you increase tenancy fees, if these reasons come to play then it's worth the increment, I'm my Country, if there is unnecessary increase, they pack and leave your property.

There are reasons why you increase tenancy fees, if these reasons come to play then it's worth the increment, I'm my Country, if there is unnecessary increase, they pack and leave your property.

There are many people who cannot afford to pay a good amount of rent and this is understandable. This is why many people just move to neighbourhoods that are actually a kind of a bit poor. They have no choice but to move there due to low rent in those areas.

If you have a tenant that takes care if your property as if it were his own,and pays rent as at when due and you decide to take advantage of that and increase rent for November tangible reason then you are a terrible person and you
Deserve whatever evil is coming your way

Your tenant is really good does not mean you should always increase the rent whenever you feel like. You just have to increase the rent whenever you feel it is right or you feel the need to due to some changes that we have affected you as well

Your tenant is really good does not mean you should always increase the rent whenever you feel like. You just have to increase the rent whenever you feel it is right or you feel the need to due to some changes that we have affected you as well
If I would achieve my dream of building an apartment to be rented out I would not increase the rent every year if the tenant is good. Maybe after 5 years the rental increase would be amenable especially if it is just 10% increase. I know the feeling of the tenant because we have been a tenant for 7 years when we lived in an apartment and later on to a rented house.

My increasing the rental cost of my properties at any time of the year has nothing to do with my Tennant being good or not because any tennant can come in and make the payment for my new cost

Increment if house rent is usually left for landlord to decide, landlord should be considerate when increasing house rent knowing the situation or state of the country, even if there have to be increment it should be on a low percentage
In my country, there is a policy. A landlord can increase the rent every year if he or she wants. If such a rule exists in your country, would you increase the required amount of rent every year if the tenant is really good?

Inflation is a growing problem and many countries (including developed countries) are also having some sort of inflation. I think this is why it does make sense to increase the rent eventually and this is what people should understand.
In my own opinion , its not good to keep increasing the price of the house rent even if the tenant is not nice , but some landlord has based all their responsibilities on the house rent and that's why they keep increasing the house rent.

In my country, there is a policy. A landlord can increase the rent every year if he or she wants. If such a rule exists in your country, would you increase the required amount of rent every year if the tenant is really good?
I don't think increasing the amount of rent has anything to do with if a tenant is good or not, a good tenant might not pay the exact money others pay but certainly as you increase the rent the amount he pays must also increase

Inasmuch as it's wouldn't be fair to increase rents at whimps, sometimes you can't really blame the landlord because the economy of the country changes every year.

I don't think increasing the amount of rent has anything to do with if a tenant is good or not, a good tenant might not pay the exact money others pay but certainly as you increase the rent the amount he pays must also increase

Well, many "good tenants" have no problem when the owner increases the rent in my country because the tenant realizes that the economy is bad and inflation is increasing day by day in my country, so raising the rent is understandable.

Business for me is without sentiments. If the value of the asset has inflated then I'll increase the rent with immediacy.
Post automatically merged:

Tenement rate should be increased based on the situations of the economy. Increasing tenement rate every year is nothing but wickedness to me. If there is no change in the situation, why the increment.?
I subscribe to this point of view. I feel business should be detached far from sentiments so as not to play a blame game if it eventually goes down the drain.

Last edited:
Increasing the house rent won't be based on tenant and landlord relationship rather on a business level. I won't hike the rent but only increase it if the economy situation demands it.

No
I won't simple because in every saint there is a beast inside and in every beast there lies a Saint. So I won't want to see the beast inside of him rather I would make him feel I'm yhe best .

No

I won't simple because in every saint there is a beast inside and in every beast there lies a Saint. So I won't want to see the beast inside of him rather I would make him feel I'm yhe best .

I do not think that it is about being a saint or being a beast. It is all about economical problems and the rate of inflation. Prices and expenses are expenses every month and it makes sense to raise rent in such kind of situation.

To me increasing the house rent of your tenants every year is just wickedness and greediness also. Why will anyone think of doing this is only necessary when new development comes up or there are new projects to be carried out in the house

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back