What's new

Would you increase the amount of rent every year if your tenant is really good?

So, the inflation rate in my country is increasing at a deadly rate and it definitely makes sense that people are now increasing rent every year. The problem is that the rent only increases each year but inflation is increasing each month.

Tenant behaviours whether good or bad doesn't have anything to do with the business because built the house for rentage is pure business so business apart while tenant character apart

That would be unnecessary because you want to tske advantage of your tenants goodness.
You can only increase a house rent if there isvneed forvit or maybe you have new installation to mskevin the facility

As for it is so unfair for anyone to engage do something like that to anyone whether the tenant is good or bad, naturally if you want to increase house rent it's shouldn't be every year at least space in between

Normally, when I sign a contract with the tenant, I add a provision of 10 percent increment every year. Therefore, I will try to abide this clause. But I can refuse the 10 percent increment if the tenant has been really good to me

In my country, there is a policy. A landlord can increase the rent every year if he or she wants. If such a rule exists in your country, would you increase the required amount of rent every year if the tenant is really good?
I cam relate but I don't think any reasonable landlord would want to be increasing rent every year simply because he has the power to do. Where your right stops that where another person right begins.
Most landlord end up not getting their rent due to ligitations from tenants.

If not for Almighty God that build for mankind's non has the capability to do so. If my tenants are good, there is no way I will want to increase the house rent. My believe is they will never remain in my house permanently, they will also think of own a better one too. Increasing the house rent is like adding salt to their injury.

I cam relate but I don't think any reasonable landlord would want to be increasing rent every year simply because he has the power to do. Where your right stops that where another person right begins.
Most landlord end up not getting their rent due to ligitations from tenants.

The prices increase mainly due to the fact that when the country suffers from severe inflation, the landlords have no option but to increase the rent. This creates problems for people seeking cheap accommodations but only rich people could afford such places.

It's a rule that I'm guessing isn't required. I'm not sure if this exists in my nation, but there is no reason for a monthly rent increase that is so high. However, if the price of land has increased, you may be able to do so.

You will never get a good tenant if you continue to increase your rents every year as most tenants are likely not to stay more than a year if the rent of their house is unjustifiable increased. In my country you must give a tenant six months notice if there will be any changes on their rentals agreement.

Well, this would totally depend on the agreement between the said landlords and their respective tenants. If the tenants agree to the terms of impromptu rent increase by the landlord then they can go ahead to increase the rent.

Well i cannot just increase like that if the person is really good . I might increase it only when it is absolutely necessary but I won't likely do it more often that I supposed to do and it also depends on location.

The good and bad behaviour of a tenant does not determine the increase in the price of rent. sometimes they landlord increase their rents due to some reasons or for development and others.
The increment of house rent, is not done on daily basis no matter what the situation may sounds like. Normal before the landlord will decide to increase his house rent, he notify his tenants to be aware.

Last edited:
It will depend on the contract you have with your tenants. Rent increase discussed from the beginning. If the economy asks for it, you can discuss it with them for consideration of both parties.

If my tenant is really a good person and takes care of my property, I would not increase the rent every year. Rather, I would negotiate with them first and ask them at least after 2-3 years, is it possible for them to pay me more? (while keeping their financial situation in my mind)

Actually to some extent, the increment in the accommodation does not depends on either the tenant are good or both and to me, if my tenant are as expected, I won't increase renting rate on them.

You will never get a good tenant if you continue to increase your rents every year as most tenants are likely not to stay more than a year if the rent of their house is unjustifiable increased. In my country you must give a tenant six months notice if there will be any changes on their rentals agreement.
That's true mate, if you constantly increasing the price of your rent then you will end up chasing away those good tenant as it might become quite unaffordable and unreasonable for them to still remain in such a property.

I would only raise it according to inflation prices. If the cost of things goes up, the rent will go up. I would like to remain as fair as possible without putting people out.

In my country, it doesn't matter if the tenant is good or not. In a basic basket, everything revolves around the economy, with higher salaries and wages. As long as everything is stable, you don't need to raise your rent. Otherwise, you have no choice but to raise your rent.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back