What's new

Would you hire someone who has a criminal record?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Would you ever hire someone who has a criminal record? I think it depends on the crime committed and how long they were away for their crime. If it's a small thing I may let it go. But if it's a bad crime, I don't think I would hire that person. Otherwise I would need to see proof they have changed for the better, and that would be tough to do.

Anyway, are there any legal rights an ex-con has when it comes to work?

Having a criminal record doesn't prevent you from getting a job. However, some organisations are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) in the UK and in those cases, you'll need to disclose all convictions whether they are spent or not. So yes I would hire such people

When someone has a criminal record why is he or she not allowed to get a job? I will not do that though. If the person qualifies for the job I will put him in. It can be in a case where he or she didn’t commit the crime either.

I believe in criminal reform and that giving criminals the change to correct their lives helps. So yeah, if I felt comfortable enough with them as an individual, I would hire them. Certain things I can't overlook are rape and sexual abuse with minors. Anything else though, I can find a means to overlook and give someone a second chance.

I think the last line kf yours says a lot - there are some rights that an ex-convict has but I also know that it's not all types of job an ex-convict can apply for. If I don't have any open positions for such people, they cant put a gun to my head and force me.

It's said that prevention is better than cure and it's factual. I will not employ or hire anybody having a criminal for the safety and well being of business,who knows wether he/she is not changed for good?

It depends on the nature of the job and the nature of the person . The truth is that we as humans are not exonerated from making mistakes, it is by learning from it we find success.

Would you ever hire someone who has a criminal record? I think it depends on the crime committed and how long they were away for their crime. If it's a small thing I may let it go. But if it's a bad crime, I don't think I would hire that person. Otherwise I would need to see proof they have changed for the better, and that would be tough to do.

One of the things that i will definitelly look out for in a person is the attitude and his character,if he was an exconvict then he has changed i can look at him and give him a chance.

every human being deserves a second chance as nobody is perfect and you can not discriminate someone because of his past, but also try to evaluate the person before giving him/her the job

every human being deserves a second chance as nobody is perfect and you can not discriminate someone because of his past, but also try to evaluate the person before giving him/her the job

Well, I am sure that a person would not hire someone who has a record of big crimes. In my country, however, there is no system of checking the past record of a person. There are a few companies that do check the records though.

It depends on the type of criminal record and the penalty the person has served for the crime. If he has paid his dues and changed, it will not be a problem.

Most employers would be reluctant to hire a person with a bad past or a criminal record, but I am an open minded person. Therefore, I would conduct background checks to ascertain the nature of the crime, and that would greatly influence my decision

Most employers would be reluctant to hire a person with a bad past or a criminal record, but I am an open minded person. Therefore, I would conduct background checks to ascertain the nature of the crime, and that would greatly influence my decision

I think that it all depends on the kind of offence. I am sure that small offences such as breaking a signal would not be considered a huge offence. Robbery, theft, and other kind of major crimes would make it harder for people to get a job.

Most ex cons here in my country never get hired. There is something called a certificate of good conduct that employers always ask to see. If you are a felony, you don't get that certificate and so it is so hard to get a job. But most small crimes are overlooked and you will be given a certificate of good conduct.

Employers should examine the type and severity of the crime, the period of time since the incident transpired, and the offense's relation to the open position when evaluating a job candidate with a criminal background.

I believe in criminal reform and that giving criminals the change to correct their lives helps. So yeah, if I felt comfortable enough with them as an individual, I would hire them. Certain things I can't overlook are rape and sexual abuse with minors. Anything else though, I can find a means to overlook and give someone a second chance.
Everyone can change at some point in their life and they all should be given the opportunity to life because no one is perfect in life and we allnhave Skelton in our cupboards
Everyone can change at some point in their life and they all should be given the opportunity to life because no one is perfect in life and we all have Skeleton in our cupboard

Though they usually say do not judge a person by his or her past but if the person is honest and hardworking with good manners i do not see a reason why i cant hire such person. These days its pretty hard to find goof workers.

Like you said it's totally depends on the kind of crime the person committed. I surely don't want to hire someone that had killed someone before. I will find out first what sent the person to jail.

Yes I would hire someone with criminal record as an employee , especially if it doesn't concern the managerial role of my business as it might be very tricky.

Yes I would hire someone with criminal record as an employee , especially if it doesn't concern the managerial role of my business as it might be very tricky.

I am sure that there are many people who might have committed small so-called "crimes" like breaking the traffic light. I am quite sure that not all the people lose their jobs due to such small crimes.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back