What's new

Would you hire an old boss as an employee?

Yes if he or she will be capable of doing his or her duties very well. Though it all depends on the individual and how you see them, there are some that will not be able because there only think of the pain or stress he put them through.
That is right. Since you know the person so well from your previous job, you can judge if they are fit for the position or not. If they were so incompetent when they were your boss, you wouldn't think of hiring them.

That is right. Since you know the person so well from your previous job, you can judge if they are fit for the position or not. If they were so incompetent when they were your boss, you wouldn't think of hiring them.
Yes that is the fact, like what some people at my side will usually say except you want to help his or her life. Which I do not think it is the best idea or thing to do to just give him or her the job.

Not even thinking about the shame, for my old boss to come to me for work, he or she might have need the work so badly. I've also work under the boss before so there's nothing bad for the boss to work under me too
Well I have never experienced this, I think that's because I have never worked under someone, I prefer to earn money online than to be working offline under someone.

If there is a chance that the person is going to still bring in the toxicity from the previous job where I worked under him or her to my new establishment, I'm not sure if it's something that I'm willing to start suffering all over again.
Without hiring him how would you know if you also bring toxicity? When someone who has been a boss previously starts looking for jobs, he has already learned a life lesson, right?

I can't actually employ old boss as an employee unless there's another reason for it. I could only employ old boss if he retired from his old job but I can't employ old boss if he was fired. Definitely he has done something wrong for him to have been fired.

Without hiring him how would you know if you also bring toxicity? When someone who has been a boss previously starts looking for jobs, he has already learned a life lesson, right?

I'm actually talking about an instance when such individual used to be toxic when he or she used to be a boss where he used to work. I have seen a lot of them who thought they would be on the top forever but life happens with them just like you pointed out.

Yes, they could be toxic personalities. However, it is also highly likely that these people are nice guys, and had to leave the job as a boss because was replaced by someone who was better than him and ended up finding jobs in companies where you are a boss.

Personally I think to hire someone regardless of his position or stage to work for you, is not a sense of disrespect but a better way to give someone an opportunity to earned income for sustaninace.

Would you ever hire an old boss as an employee of yours? Maybe they were fired at your old job, or they moved on and decided to work where you do. Would you hire a previous boss as an employee? I think I would if I trusted the boss, but if it was a boss I had a tough time with, I may not look to them for a hire.
If you do this, then it benefits you a lot because he has a lot of experience to work and he can understand the business better.Because of this, you can make a lot of profit and see your business succeeding in a very short time.

It depends on the relationship i had with my old boss and also if he or she is qualified for the position. If i had a good relationship with my old boss and he or she meets the job requirement, i don't mind hiring him or her.

An old boss may have not adapted to being given instructions rather than being the instructions giver. And this may cause an unnecessary strain in your relationship which I think is better avoided by not hiring him at all.

of course there is absolutely nothing wrong in doing that as long as the boss is ready to work. But it also depends on the level of relationship I had with such a person.

I think what really matters here is the experience, if the person you are hiring is old his experience an level of understanding is very important it will help you a lot.
Well, it depend on the relationship I have with the boss. This issue rarely happens in real life for a boss to be coming to his or her once employees for work. It rarely happens but it's possibility. If it's me, I will consider the relationship I have with the boss and his or her level of experience.

Well, it depend on the relationship I have with the boss. This issue rarely happens in real life for a boss to be coming to his or her once employees for work. It rarely happens but it's possibility. If it's me, I will consider the relationship I have with the boss and his or her level of experience.
Yes but anything can happen, but just that it doesn't happen most of the time but like you said, that's why me I like the idea of working on my own, it use to help me a lot.

The best way to build your business from scratch is by hiring someone with the knowledge and experience about the business, and that means hiring an old boss that will use his knowledge and experience about the business to help build your business.

Would you ever hire an old boss as an employee of yours? Maybe they were fired at your old job, or they moved on and decided to work where you do. Would you hire a previous boss as an employee? I think I would if I trusted the boss, but if it was a boss I had a tough time with, I may not look to them for a hire.
Yes, I would, but it depends on his skills and things like that. If he is kind-hearted and knows what he's doing, then I don't see a problem why I wouldn't hire him. Of course, I would need to do a background check in case he's doing something shady.

It depends on how good they were with their job. I wouldn't look at personal grudges, I would consider if they did some quality job before hiring them. If they were not good, and could be the reason for being fired, I wouldn't hire them.
Yes, you're right. We shouldn't keep personal grudges, especially when someone is helpless and we're in a position where we can help them. But we must keep healthy boundaries with everyone, even if they're needy, to avoid any future inconvenience.

The best way to build your business from scratch is by hiring someone with the knowledge and experience about the business, and that means hiring an old boss that will use his knowledge and experience about the business to help build your business.
You are right, if you hire someone that is having a lot of knowledge you are going to enjoy it, having some with the knowledge is going to help a lot, that's very important.

You are right, if you hire someone that is having a lot of knowledge you are going to enjoy it, having some with the knowledge is going to help a lot, that's very important.
This is very true,
the fundamental factor in getting an employee is the employee's ability to carry out the employment details smoothly and efficiently. If the former boss is capable, there is no point holding him back.

Depends on the relationship we had at the previous work. If the former boss happens to be a trustworthy person who I'm sure wouldn't make himself or herself a threat to my position on the long run I will definitely consider hiring. But, if I sense the person will eventually undermine my authority, I'll pass.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back