What's new

Would you gift a domain to someone who wants to start their own site?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Have you ever gifted a domain to someone who wanted to start their own site? Did the person keep the site going? How was it?

Would you ever gift a domain to someone? I almost gifted one to a cousin, but he had already purchased his own domain and started up his own site. It didn't last long though.

Yes, I have a few times. I would pay for it for the year and if they decide to continue on with it, I transfer the domain over to their account. I did this for my wife and a few online friends.

No, i have never gifted a domain to someone. I think i would gift a domain to someone if the person seems very serious about starting his or her own site, and also if the person is close to me, like a friend or family member.

No, i have never gifted a domain to someone. I think i would gift a domain to someone if the person seems very serious about starting his or her own site, and also if the person is close to me, like a friend or family member.
i would only gift someone a domain when i do not have use for it again, as domain can fetch you a lot of money these days, so i would not give domain to someone that would not value it

Have you ever gifted a domain to someone who wanted to start their own site? Did the person keep the site going? How was it?

Would you ever gift a domain to someone? I almost gifted one to a cousin, but he had already purchased his own domain and started up his own site. It didn't last long though.
I have never gifted a domain to someone as such because I have never fully had a functioning website in my possession, but if I were to, I would probably give it to an individual who I am quite close with

I have done this a lot of time but I have to study the idea first before processing the gift, some people are very impressionned by folk idea that would not work.
I have never gifted a domain to someone as such because I have never fully had a functioning website in my possession, but if I were to, I would probably give it to an individual who I am quite close with
A website domain name doesn't cost more than 9 $, you could even earn more than this amount of money from paid to post sites even if you are earning 5 $ a month per each paid to post site that is 60 $ year from one paid to post site means you could pay for hosting and domain name and save money.

Last edited:
I have done this a lot of time but I have to study the idea first before processing the gift, some people are very impressionned by folk idea that would not work.

A website domain name doesn't cost more than 9 $, you could even earn more than this amount of money from paid to post sites even if you are earning 5 $ a month per each paid to post site that is 60 $ year from one paid to post site means you could pay for hosting and domain name and save money.
Some people who work on forums also use their earnings for personal expenses which makes savings hard. I was doing this too, but since I want to save up, I had to look for a job that paid much so I can stop relying on online income.

How much would be sufficient for a good domain name and hosting? Also how can one choose a niche that isn't saturated to start blogging with?

I once offered a domain as a Christmas and New Year gift for my facebook friends. It was offered on first come first serve basis. sadly, none of my friends came forward to claim the domain. later I built a website using that domain and I am still running that website.

I am sure that there are some website designers who buys domain names a lot so they can just buy and keep. This kind of people can dash out domain name to people when they need them

I am sure that there are some website designers who buys domain names a lot so they can just buy and keep. This kind of people can dash out domain name to people when they need them
It must be provided as result of work or service provided and not just free to anyone because you know if a person works for getting a domain name then he will maintain it and grow up project and if he is getting it for free then he will no longer use the project after 1 month of use. It differs.

I once offered a domain as a Christmas and New Year gift for my facebook friends. It was offered on first come first serve basis. sadly, none of my friends came forward to claim the domain. later I built a website using that domain and I am still running that website.
you know people some time do not know the value of something that is given to them especially when it is free, that is why i have said in my heart not to give out free things to people

That's true. Sometimes people do not understand the value of something and they don't take it even if it is offered for free, where as sometimes people come forward to grab everything that is free even if it is not useful for them,

That's true. Sometimes people do not understand the value of something and they don't take it even if it is offered for free, where as sometimes people come forward to grab everything that is free even if it is not useful for them,
Person you are going to offer a domain name must show some seriousness and not someone just going to make an idea and go away, he must also provide to you his planning written to process the donation using namecheap for hosting free for first year, if he doesn't even have an idea what to do with hosting then he doesn't need one year hosting offered for free from my part. Additionnally, he must provide such service in reverse for one year offering hosting for free or small work.

I have never gifted a domain to anyone but I have bought domain names for myself in the past. Sometimes people want to be able to start a website of some kind and they have plans for that website, all too often, being able to get the domain name is one of the things that tend to put them off starting. If I knew someone who had a plan and was passionate about the website they wanted to start, I would give them a chance and gift a domain to them so that they had the ability to start their website. Sometimes people just need that little help and you will be surprised at how far they will go.

I have never gifted a domain to anyone but I have bought domain names for myself in the past. Sometimes people want to be able to start a website of some kind and they have plans for that website, all too often, being able to get the domain name is one of the things that tend to put them off starting. If I knew someone who had a plan and was passionate about the website they wanted to start, I would give them a chance and gift a domain to them so that they had the ability to start their website. Sometimes people just need that little help and you will be surprised at how far they will go.
It is possible that for example you gift someone a domain name for 15,000 Biznotes or something like this staff means exchange of funds for purpose of hosting or domain name as they do not have credit card to process a domain hosting on hostinger for example.

It is possible that for example you gift someone a domain name for 15,000 Biznotes or something like this staff means exchange of funds for purpose of hosting or domain name as they do not have credit card to process a domain hosting on hostinger for example.
I will be happy if someone wants to buy a domain or websites from me for exchange with biznotes. However, sadly, here a lot of people are only trying to earn they do not consider buying any products nd services.

I will be happy if someone wants to buy a domain or websites from me for exchange with biznotes. However, sadly, here a lot of people are only trying to earn they do not consider buying any products nd services.
This is because to have a website you must have an idea and most of people here do not have an idea, it is not like receive binance pay amount and convert to fiat currency which doesn't require a lot of ideas to do this.

This is because to have a website you must have an idea and most of people here do not have an idea, it is not like receive binance pay amount and convert to fiat currency which doesn't require a lot of ideas to do this.
A lot of people want to have a website but they do not have the skills to create website, they also do not have any ideas on what type of websites to create, therefore, they might be better at buying websites.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back