What's new

Worst freelance work you ever did?

I have been using these social media handles and I think they are more effective and result yielding than most freelancing platforms if not all especially for a newbie in the business.
this is another major thing that I have discovered and I've been telling some people. Using your social media accounts to look for freelance jobs is much easier and more effective than some freelancing platforms.

There are so many people that don't know that implement their freelancing jobs on social media and it is perhaps one of the best place to look for jobs because it has a large user base compared to what you would get in the normal freelancing platforms.

There was a particular freelancer clients that made me to buy some items in order to start work and he just kept on increasing the demands and I ended up spending more.
Wow is that even allowed? So did you get paid enough after the contact on would you calculate it as a major loss on your end ?

A lot of activities are going on in freelancing websites because some of the client are coming up with different strategies to exploit the freelancers and one just need to be very careful of some of those plants and not fall victim of them.

A lot of activities are going on in freelancing websites because some of the client are coming up with different strategies to exploit the freelancers and one just need to be very careful of some of those plants and not fall victim of them.
As a freelancer you should always be careful and the kind of jobs you do another not to fall victim for some certain things. the freelancing space is actually profitable but there are people who can make the whole thing uninteresting for you.

Some people attributed their worst freelance job to the humongous commission received by the freelancing platforms . You can imagine a freelancing platform receiving up to $1,000 as a service charge for a transaction that is worth just $4000.

Some people attributed their worst freelance job to the humongous commission received by the freelancing platforms . You can imagine a freelancing platform receiving up to $1,000 as a service charge for a transaction that is worth just $4000.
Though I would say it is really huge but you have to take something's into consideration so many factors like the cost of advertisement the site is running and also the maintenance and staff cost

A drastic measures should be taken by the financing platforms to clean up the air portals because it will be extremely bad if such thing continues because it may Boomerang in the future.

The job of the freelancing site is to act as an escrow platform that will ensure that the freelancers and the clients are both happy with no one getting scammed.
And more than escrow, freelancing also provide jobs for the freelancer. When you need a job, you got freelancing platforms. And when you get the job there, and they'll ensure that your client paid.
The only problem it would have would be competition on the part of the freelancers. This is really the reason why I haven't opened an account with them. I really don't like the idea of opening an account and receiving no job proposal for long.
You must ready to face stiff competition if you want to work as a freelancer. Almost all freelancing platforms are ñow saturated. To get work in any of the freelancing platforms, you must ready to be on top of your game.

Last edited:
Of course there are many freelancing websites that actually do that. They receive up to 30% of any money you make in order to maintain their platform.

Of course there are many freelancing websites that actually do that. They receive up to 30% of any money you make in order to maintain their platform.
That money is not only for maintenance alone but also for advertisement that has become very expensive to carry out these days and also other forms of logistics that is required for the smooth running of the platform.

It is very necessary to refrain from registering on freelancing platform that would make your work job a nightmare because there are so many freelancing sites that are not supportive of the freelancers.

That money is not only for maintenance alone but also for advertisement that has become very expensive to carry out these days and also other forms of logistics that is required for the smooth running of the platform.
of course I know it is not only for maintenance. They also have a lot of employees that they need to pay. That is the major reason they are taking 20% from people's earnings.

Investigating the freelancing platform is crucial because some platforms are filled with fake employers that would allow you to work and you will not get your pay. This is why it is necessary to do due diligence on any of the freelancing platform.

Investigating the freelancing platform is crucial because some platforms are filled with fake employers that would allow you to work and you will not get your pay. This is why it is necessary to do due diligence on any of the freelancing platform.
Proper investigation must be done and it is important to confirm if the freelancing platform would definitely pay at the end of the day or not because it is going to be very bad when you do not get paid after working rigorously to deliver jobs.

Actually I can't consider any of them as the worst currently because even due to challenges, I still have benefited from it in one way or the others and I have learned from it.

I have not been actively present on freelancing website and that is why I wouldn't say that I've gotten a worst moment on that platform because I see freelancing sites as a saturated portal.

I have seen people complained that they have experienced the worst job of their life on freelancing sites but fortunately for me, I have not experienced such because I already understood the complexity of freelancing sites.

I think if you have any issue with any client it is always very important for you to report to the freelancing platform so that they can sort the issue. sometimes some clients can be very harsh.

Actually I have not had a worse freelance site before maybe simply because I have not been changing or been dedicated to what I wanted I have not experienced such.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back