Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
What was the worst freelance work/job you did? When I started out working online, I started in gig work early on. The first gig I ever did was an art gig. Thinking I had good enough talent, I tried my best, but realized I wasn't up to par with what other artists on the site was doing. So I stopped doing that gig and reverted to doing writing jobs. And ever since I ended up making my own sites and working my own way.

But, what was the worst work you ever had to do? I wouldn't say the art I did was the worst thing I did. I think that was when I provided services where I posted ads on craigslist haha. I forgot I did stuff like that on some gig sites in the past, and those never seemed to work well. I always got banned on craigslist. Thankfully I didn't do that type of work after and here I am today.

There was a particular freelancer clients that made me to buy some items in order to start work and he just kept on increasing the demands and I ended up spending more.

There are a lot of challenges in financing adventure but people thought that it is an avenue to rake in huge amount of money.
There are times you would complete task and you will not get paid by the client. He may base his reasons on stringent excuses.

There was a particular freelancer clients that made me to buy some items in order to start work and he just kept on increasing the demands and I ended up spending more.
This Is so pathetic, it saddens me the more anytime I hear instance like this, it's obvious that people this days don't stick to what they say, you just have to stay away from this type of people.

I wouldn't say worst, however, I accepted a translation job once thinking it was an easy job as the job required me to translate into my mother tongue from English. However, the text was so complicated that it was really hard to translate

I have not gotten any bad experiences in freelance career because I am not actively involved.
I refrain myself from freelance job since I didn't get a single job on freelancing website.

I have not gotten any bad experiences in freelance career because I am not actively involved.
I refrain myself from freelance job since I didn't get a single job on freelancing website.
Same is applicable to me because I have not been so successful on this site and I have not been so active there too.
It is crystal clear that there are record number of Freelancers who are facing serious issues on freelancing sites and they are all related to client not paying them after delivering the job.

When I first joined a freelancing platform that I discovered through local forum many years ago, I got a job from one particular client. It's a writing job. He give me the instructions and do the work to the best of my knowledge. When I finished the work, I send it to him but till I quit the platform he did not reply me.

The worst freelance work that I did was actually my first and that's because I was scammed by the person who hired me. It was really not encouraging for a start but I learnt my lessons anyways.
I am still on the lookout for solutions that will be made by the freelancing website to brought to book any employer that scammed the freelancers on their platform.

Same is applicable to me because I have not been so successful on this site and I have not been so active there too.
It is crystal clear that there are record number of Freelancers who are facing serious issues on freelancing sites and they are all related to client not paying them after delivering the job.
Mechanism must be put in place in freelancing website to ensure that any employers who do not pay for the job that was rendered to be held responsible and ensure that payments are made appropriately.

I don't think I would call it the worst but it definitely wasn't the easiest freelance work I did. It was when I first started out doing freelance work online at home and I had an order come in to post on a Bitcoin forum. Being that bitcoin was still quite new and I wasn't even sure what it was at the time, I took the job and decided to research to complete the order. It took a lot longer than I thought it would and I only got paid for making the posts on the forum in question and not for the time I took out to research. Not going to lie though, I did learn something so I guess that was a win.

I have wrote an article for someone through Whatsapp before and made money from it. It was an article relating to a cartoon script. It was hectic but I gained a lot of knowledge from the experience.

I am still on the lookout for solutions that will be made by the freelancing website to brought to book any employer that scammed the freelancers on their platform.
The reputable freelancing platforms have make it hard for scammers to succeed in their platforms. Most of them act as an escrow between you and client. So, before they'll ask you to start work, they would collect part or a of the payment from client.

They are probably on the customer is always right mentality. They wouldn't do anything when an employer becomes unreasonable but would reprimand the worker if anything should go wrong.

They are probably on the customer is always right mentality. They wouldn't do anything when an employer becomes unreasonable but would reprimand the worker if anything should go wrong.
The freelancing platforms should act as a middleman between the employers and the publishers. This is because they should ensure that both parties are happy with the transaction and they shouldn't take side if there is any issue.

The reputable freelancing platforms have make it hard for scammers to succeed in their platforms. Most of them act as an escrow between you and client. So, before they'll ask you to start work, they would collect part or a of the payment from client.
It is literally impossible for you to be scammed on many freelancing websites like fiverr. most of that has actually made it impossible for scammers to perpetuate that is why a lot of people are using it.

The freelancing platforms should act as a middleman between the employers and the publishers. This is because they should ensure that both parties are happy with the transaction and they shouldn't take side if there is any issue.
You're right about that. Their responsibility doesn't just end with connecting buyers and sellers together but to make sure that they carryout their transaction with no one in loss of any kind.

You're right about that. Their responsibility doesn't just end with connecting buyers and sellers together but to make sure that they carryout their transaction with no one in loss of any kind.
The job of the freelancing site is to act as an escrow platform that will ensure that the freelancers and the clients are both happy with no one getting scammed.

The worst freelancing gig that I had was translation and even once I completed a task and didn't get paid for that, after that I stopped freelancing till now but I want to start it again.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back