WordPress Forums

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$4.0000USD
Biznotes
Have you built forums on a wordpress site? What's your experience like? The first forum I ever built was on wordpress. Until recently, I was running a forum on wordpress. If you are new to forum management, creating and managing a forum built on wordpress is really easy. However, wordpress powered forums have a lot of limitations and you will not be able toi create a powerful community through wordpress.

I had a friend who built a forum on wordpress back in the day, but it didn't survive long. I was kind of interested in trying my hand at making one too through wordpress, but I decided to move on to an actual forum software like vBulletin for example. But that was short lived.

I imagine something like vBulletin would be better for forums. I knew someone who built a forum from scratch for a site I worked for in the past.

I haven't tried them, but they might be on par with SMF, phpBB, which I use a lot, and MyBB. I really don't know. I do know that like SMF, you would be able to upload extensions and themes via an uploader. That's a big help for rookies.

If you have a blog and want to start a forum, adding a forum plugin to create a forum is super simple. Wordpress offers a lot of plugins that will allow you to create forums. You need to have basic programming knowledge or at leats some experience to use forum software, but you can start using WordPress forums without any skills and prior experience.

I can't say myself I have used WordPress to create a blog as I have not needed to but I have in the past used WordPress forums that others have had.

I guess if I had a reason to need a WordPress forum it would be ideal but it is very limited in what you can do on WordPress with a forum and a lot of what I would want to add to a forum would not be possible that way.

Yes, forum built on wordpress have limitations, however, in my experience, if you want to manage a forum and a blog, or an online store from the same dashboard, wordpress is an ideal program. If you want to build a powerful forum, wordpress might not be your bets option, though.

Hmm. I visited a Wordpress forum long ago called Story Embers. I didn’t see anything wrong with the forum tech - it seemed fully functional to me - but perhaps the admins on the backend knew a different story. One thing that seemed to work very well was private forums for different user groups, so if you’re looking to create a private forum that isn’t visible to the greater internet, Wordpress might be a good solution.

It is easier to manage wordpress power forums compared to a proper forum software like phpBB, MyBB, etc. When I was running a forum on wordpress (I was using wpforo and Asgaros), forum management was easy but the design was barebone.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back