Wordpress.com Vs Wordpress.org

Nomad

Staff member
40,000 Post Club
Jan 5, 2021
USD
$2.0000USD
Biznotes
Do you know the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org?
Well, wordpress.com is a blogging platform with free and paid versions, whereas wordpress.org is an open-source content management system. With wordpress.com, you will be able to build a website with wordpress subdomain (free version) or your own domain (paid version), whereas by using wordpress.org, you with have your own self-hosted website.

I have seen on wordpress.org that they are supporting two hosting providers or recommending SiteGround and DreamHost. Most hosting providers have ready CMS means just you require installation from the support team and they do install for you.

I have only ever worked with the .com site so I know little to nothing about the .org end.

Maybe that is more for organizations? I mean that was the main function of using the .org address back in the day but maybe that has changed.

I used the .com version a long time ago when I first started dabbling with websites when I was young. I didn't know anything about hosting or editing files so it was perfect. But after I learned about that stuff, the self-hosting version was a lot better. It just offers you a lot more freedom.

An advantage to WordPress.com or Blogger.com or any web 2.0 site like that - is that the SEO power can be taken from the powerful domain. In other words, some of the heavy SEO work is already done. However, though, that might not mean everything is easy. A lot of search terms are still massively competitive, despite the web 2.0 advantage.

Well, a maybe fictional example would be TubaLessons.com vs TubaLessons.Blogspot. The 2nd one might be easier to rank.

Wordpress.com is quite expensive. Even its free version has limited features, limited plugins, and difficult integration, and limited storage as compared to Wordpress.org which has unlimited storage and plugins. Hosting, and domain are also less expensive for Wordpress.org

The .com is a gigantic ripoff made for people who are inexperienced at web development. That's why it pays to know your stuff. This would apply to auto repair and many things.

The biggest difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org is who's doing the hosting of your website. It’s recommended to host your own site, hence WordPress.org. Since WordPress.com takes care of the hosting, it’s an easier alternative but offers less freedom.

If you are running a forum or blog for your own interest would suggest you host through Wordpress.com, it's easy. If you are running your website for business, product or service would advise you to use Wordpress.org it gives you more control over your website.

I think that if there is a difference in domain it is something that January is very worrying for me because a lot of the websites that are not actual that shirt will actually have different domains in order to try and trick you so I would do a lot of research before utilising either of them.

Do you know the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org?
Well, wordpress.com is a blogging platform with free and paid versions, whereas wordpress.org is an open-source content management system. With wordpress.com, you will be able to build a website with wordpress subdomain (free version) or your own domain (paid version), whereas by using wordpress.org, you with have your own self-hosted website.
Well said. I will just add the following to put it in context:

Wordpress.com and wordpress.org are two very different things, but both can be used to create a website. With wordpress.com, you will be able to use a wordpress subdomain (free) or your own domain (paid), but with wordpress.org, you will have to host the website yourself. In this blog post, we will discuss the differences between the two platforms and help you decide which is best for you.
First, let's discuss the pros and cons of wordpress.com:
Pros:

• It's free!
  • Very easy to use, even for beginners.
  • Lots of templates and designs to choose from
  • Great for blogging.
Cons:
  • You are limited in terms of what you can do with your website (no custom coding or plugins)
  • You are not in control of your own data (wordpress can delete your site at any time)
  • Not as customizable as wordpress.org
Now, let's discuss the pros and cons of wordpress.org:
Pros:

• You have complete control over your website and its data.
  • You can customize your website however you like (with the help of plugins)
  • You can install any theme or plugin you want
  • It is very versatile and can be used for anything from a simple blog to a full-blown ecommerce store
Cons:
  • Requires more technical knowledge than wordpress.com
  • Can be more expensive to set up and maintain than wordpress.com

I think that if there is a difference in domain it is something that January is very worrying for me because a lot of the websites that are not actual that shirt will actually have different domains in order to try and trick you so I would do a lot of research before utilising either of them.
I don't understand what you are actually trying to say. Wordpress content management system is open source and free, wordpress team does not make money form this, however, they sell wordpress blogging service.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back