What's new

Wix.com or creating a website on your own?

Patrik

Verified Noob :)
5000+ Posts Club
Apr 19, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Now, when it comes to creating websites, there are two choices, you either pay for it if you aren't familiar with this field, or you create it on your own.
Paying for it has also two choices, you either pay for it in some platform such as wix.com, or some freelancer that will do it from scratch.
I personally would go for creating it myself as having a skill is a plus, also i would save myself money (but not time) and know what my website is based about.
What about you?

My fvorite way of creating websites is by usinf wordpress. I like wordpress because it is free, you cna get a lot of free themes and plugins. I also like wordpress because you can create any kind of websites from a personal blog to company website, social network, forum, online store etc. I am not a fan ot wix.

If you want the ability to fully customize your storefront, shopping cart, product galleries, and more without writing a single line of code, choose Wix. You’ll even be able to set up features like a customer wish list, related product galleries, mini-cart, quick add-to-cart buttons, and more.

You can add coupons, promo codes, and even let your customers create accounts to increase loyalty and speed up the checkout process with saved billing and shipping details.

If you want the ability to fully customize your storefront, shopping cart, product galleries, and more without writing a single line of code, choose Wix. You’ll even be able to set up features like a customer wish list, related product galleries, mini-cart, quick add-to-cart buttons, and more.

You can add coupons, promo codes, and even let your customers create accounts to increase loyalty and speed up the checkout process with saved billing and shipping details.
Wix is certainly a great website builder. You will be able to create a great website by using wix. The advantage of using website builder like wix reduces the pain of building the site in the backend. However, I think a better option is wordpress as you do not have to pay for using wordpress, but you do need a domain and hosting.

Wix is certainly a great website builder. You will be able to create a great website by using wix. The advantage of using website builder like wix reduces the pain of building the site in the backend. However, I think a better option is wordpress as you do not have to pay for using wordpress, but you do need a domain and hosting.
Do you think it's better than Wordpress? I hav e only used it for a brief while before and can you make forums with it too like on Wordpress? I don't know as I've never attempted to do it with it.

Do you think it's better than Wordpress? I hav e only used it for a brief while before and can you make forums with it too like on Wordpress? I don't know as I've never attempted to do it with it.
My knowledge of wix is limited. I only used the free version for a short time and then deleted the blog. I wanted to use it as a private blog network to create backlinks for my site. But I heard private blog network is not a good idea. Therefore, I discontinued. It is easy to use. However, I don't think it can be compared to wordpress. Worpress is much more powerful.

I prefer to create the website on my own because wix can't give me the best design I want on my website. If you know you don't know how to develop a website, you can hire a professional website developer to do that for you after buying your domain name and hosting.

Well creating websites through paid 3rd parties or by yourself if you can code is always the best decision but Wix provides a means by which those with minimal coding experience create custom websites. Of course creating websites from scratch is way better.

It might be a bit difficult to create a responsive website from the scratch especially if you are newbie. Making use of wix or other content management software make the process pretty much fast. It helps to eleminate the issue of learning coding before you build a website. Though I prefer WordPress to wix because it is users friendly and has works with lots of plugins.

You must understand that if you need a website that is sophisticated maybe to carry a huge traffic then I will advise you to pay for expert from Freelance site for them to do for you because they know how to do and and put everything in place, but if you are just looking for a website you just want to use maybe a temporary website you can do it by yourself, it actually depends on how and what you want to do with it,there is all you can design a website and hackers can even attack your database.

i pretty much think the same, but the issue, is that you will stay limited to what wix offers you, also you can't move beyond those limits, but when you start making websites from scratch , you learn a new skill and use your own creativity to make something wix can't make

i pretty much think the same, but the issue, is that you will stay limited to what wix offers you, also you can't move beyond those limits, but when you start making websites from scratch , you learn a new skill and use your own creativity to make something wix can't make
That's true. Wix websites are great, however, you cannot go beyond what this website builder offers. However, when you build a website you can explore a lot of things. Wix can be great for those who do not want to bother with technical issues of website management, hosting, for instance.

Now, when it comes to creating websites, there are two choices, you either pay for it if you aren't familiar with this field, or you create it on your own.
Paying for it has also two choices, you either pay for it in some platform such as wix.com, or some freelancer that will do it from scratch.
I personally would go for creating it myself as having a skill is a plus, also i would save myself money (but not time) and know what my website is based about.
What about you?
I'm not a programmer neither am I good in that area but I've learned that creating a website under a free domain is nothing but a waste of time, endeavour to buy an affordable domain of your own and you'll enjoy your website without any annoying host adverts

I think there are more better options out there as a lot of people have mentioned in the comments. I completely agree with what you said about gaining an extra skill building your website yourself. I think there's are people who just don't have the time and would rather source it out.

Wix is a website builder, you have to pay monthly sucription fee to use wix. It is easy to use, but for the price you spend on wix you can buy hosting and build your own site. building your own site might sound complicated if you do not have experience. However, wordpress eases your work.

Actually you can speak for yourself based on your knowledge on building a website, what of those that have no kwoledge about it and it takes time to build not to talk of learn. I thought wix.com Is a free platform for creating website.
Post automatically merged:

Actually you can speak for yourself based on your knowledge on building a website, what of those that have no kwoledge about it and it takes time to build not to talk of learn. I thought wix.com Is a free platform for creating website.

I'll prefer creating it myself, it's better to learn the skill and create mine, I can even use it as a side income by creating for others too, however if there's no time for that, you can opt for a freelancer to create a website for you, you can also use wix.com or wordpress.com.
Post automatically merged:

I'll prefer creating it myself, it's better to learn the skill and create mine, I can even use it as a side income by creating for others too, however if there's no time for that, you can opt for a freelancer to create a website for you, you can also use wix.com or wordpress.com.

What about you?
thanks for this, OP. i love the idea if creating one's own website because it offers you the opportunity to learn and understand web designing and web development better. Although it may be tedious at start but it will be better than the other option eventually

Since I have no ideal about creating a website then sourcing it out to third party is the way for me. But been able to create a website is something I would like to do though because its s great skill in this twenty first century age. I believe building a site yourself is better because you can suit it to your ideals and desire, though it will cost your time but its rewarding. Alternately giving it out to a third party also has it's own merits as you are able to use that time for creating a website to do another more rewarding task.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back