What's new

Why is unemployment rate so high?

The rate of unemployment is so alarming in my country, and the reason do this is not far fetched. For me i would say this is caused by the lack of good governance on the part of those in government. If they had empowered people with good knowledge of entrepreneurship this would have open up more opportunities thereby reducing unemployment. Then again corruption and nepotism is another cause of unemployment.

In recent years, economics of work have changed. The New Economy is an economy based on abundance, not scarcity. Millions of jobs are up for grab on daily basis. Everything is now online. Everything has changed; many own an online business with no physical office, some work for multinational companies at the comfort of their homes as a content creator, copywriter, deal expert and many more. Pick your battle wisely.

It is important to Invest in your knowledge, and most importantly, You shouldn’t be at home unemployed.

What’s your view on unemployment rate and the way forward?
No doubt present time is of online jobs. Lack of knowledge is reason for unemployment. Many peoples are doing online job but they are earning few bucks as extra earning.

Unemployment rate is high and keeps on going high because of the poor economy of a society and the inability of the government to put basic necessities in place and also the numbers of workers are multiple times more than the numbers of available jobs

It is because when the actual unemployment rate is higher than the natural rate, it signals that the economy is performing below full output and that jobs are scarce. The opposite is true when the actual rate falls below the natural rate.

Employment rate is high simply because government are not providing mot jobs formthe citizen and we are having graduates every day entering into the Labour market, and the private organisation too are only employing their relatives making it so hard for the peopleto find a job.

Yes in every country this is happening not much but higher in percentage than it was before. It is because demands are high and defending the CV for candidates are too difficult now adays because of low vacancies and high percentage of candidates.

Unemployment rate high because of poor economic in the country, it is high because millions of student graduated every year, lack of economic empowerment by the Federal government to the state , unemployment rate will still go high because our government focus on themselves and their family alone.
Totally true, you wrote the right words. Another reason is that the population continues to increase over the years and there are not enough companies to hire the new professionals. They all want to work for the government and are not looking for work in the field which is also a source of employment.

In recent years, economics of work have changed. The New Economy is an economy based on abundance, not scarcity. Millions of jobs are up for grab on daily basis. Everything is now online. Everything has changed; many own an online business with no physical office, some work for multinational companies at the comfort of their homes as a content creator, copywriter, deal expert and many more. Pick your battle wisely.

It is important to Invest in your knowledge, and most importantly, You shouldn’t be at home unemployed.

I think the population on earth is more than the required job opportunity on ground. The best to reduce the issue is self employment. Which can drastically reduce the rate of unemployment in the world.

Unemployment rate is so high because of the failure of the government and their careless attitude toward bettering the situation in the society corruption is the order of the day when you have a corrupt government and it kill the economy

Unemployment may continue to rise especially in countries where corruption has eaten deeply into their system and we should be aware that the population of the world likewise the level of people graduating from different institutions are on the rise why the job is not there so it is with the help of cryptocurrency and the likes of internet money making tools that could help surpress unemployment rates easily.

Bro please which country are you posting from, becouse the unemployment rate in my country is nothing to write home about, it's on the high side, all the Universities are busy producing graduates every year and non of them are being employed it's too bad it's alarming

I guess is because people keep having birth daily and the young ones are getting old passing out of schools and the government never thought of building more companies for the new graduate to be able to work there,and the old staff were not ready to leave their sit for the young ones to sit on. So the lack of unemployment will still be growing if they don't work on the listed

Change is really constant. Either it changes for good or bad. For the fact that cost of living is really so hard, people try to make amends through any possible means. Our economy to doesn't help matters... No youth empowerment. We struggle to earn incomes through easier means even with the rate of unemployment.

I think the rise in population is one of the causes of unemployment. A lot of graduates are unemployed and they cannot start a business of their own because there is little capital. But the government can fix the situation by creating more jobs.

This unemployment issue is something that can not be avoided no matter what, the fact still remains that each year how many businesses or companies are being established compared to how many student are graduating each year in a country. Each year we have millions of students graduating and the fact remains that we have little companies out there that are willing to take in people because the previous workers there are not ready to retire. So with this there is definitely going to be high rate of unemployment. That's why you see people trying to start up their own personal businesses each year to meet up with end needs.

Unemployment is rearly inevitable for every economy, however, the economy policy of a particular government like Nigeria with increase in population is the major reason for high in unemployment rate. Economy that solely depends on importation breeds nothing but unemployment and this could be as a result of many factors some of which is lack of infrastructures. Infrastructure like power, good road and financial supports from gorvernment institutions are some of the reasons unemployment is rising.

Unemployment rate is higher than ever since the pandemic. But in general, unemployment is on the high due to the fact that most institution want already experienced staffs. And since applicants are mostly fresh graduates it becomes difficult to meet the standard.
This makes me angry. Companies not interested to create opportunities for new grauates students :mad: . I talk about big companies, not the little enterprises that hardly make ends meet. Big companies (and society in general) ask for higher and higher education level, but in my opinion it's an excuse to leave the things as they are, without creating new jobs opportunities.
Yes very good question and this question is almost very busy in everyone's tongue, I thinj the main reason is population and low opportunity of jobs, if we look 20 years back , we can see a little bit knowledge and education gave them a good reward and job Too, But now it is very difficult to take job etc
That's why I believe higher and higher education level requirement it's mostly an excuse: during my parents age, 8 years of schooling was enough to get a discreet job, as high school was considered the top education to get prestigious jobs. Now, nor 10 MBAs are enough among lot of countries.

I think the issue if unemployment starts with the government inability to build good infrastructure for the citizens , create a good employment opportunities . The citizens also contributes to it when they fail to develop themselves .

Low consumer demand creates cyclical unemployment. Companies lose too much profit when demand falls. If they don't expect sales to pick up anytime soon, they must lay off workers. The higher unemployment causes consumer demand to drop even more, which is why it's cyclical.

I think one major problem or cause of unemployment is overpopulation. But this does not matter much when government refuse to do their basic duty of providing job for its citizen. So on the long run, the blames still for back to poor governance

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back