What's new

Why is most states and the federal government of Nigeria finding it hard to pay pensioners

The reason why government don't really like to pay pensioners their pension on time because them want to put something's in order, so that them can know when to pay.

It was actually likewise current previously that the federal authorities is actually attempting to obtain coming from the pension plan to money infrastructural advancement. Overall malpractice coming from the federal authorities whatsoever degrees is actually a huge element.

Questions like this often baffle me sometimes why this government will be giving excuse for not paying the pensioners their monthly stipends. It is a very worrisome situation indeed that requires urgent attention

The only solution is if we elect good governors. Most governors have squandered funds meant to pay gratuity for retired workers and the government coming after them will not want to use their funds to settle it.
This is an excellent submission on this issue and I would like to hurt to the fact that most of these countries that are having issues of paying out pensions and gratuities are mostly as a result of the fact that the countries are poor naturally so they do not have the requisite funds to be able to pay out all the day gratuities and pensions for their workers.

There is a general bad economic state at the moment and as such pensioners are always the ones that take the heat whenever there is a drop in revenue.

The best solution would be take demand for your pension when you are still strong and agile.
And the ugly truth is that the Nigerian government is so incriminating that they would do everything to keep you from your right, so they purposefully refuse to pay some of these pensioners

This is an excellent submission on this issue and I would like to hurt to the fact that most of these countries that are having issues of paying out pensions and gratuities are mostly as a result of the fact that the countries are poor naturally so they do not have the requisite funds to be able to pay out all the day gratuities and pensions for their workers.
Some are not poor naturally but poor in leadership and badly managed. How will an oil producing country with a population of over 200 million and abundance of natural resources, good soil, good climate be termed poor in anyway? If not for bad leadership.

The economic situation of the country in general is reducing and so is the population increasing and that is why there's normally no money left when other things are being done.

We are always being inaudaunted by news on on TV that our government are finding it difficult to pay pensioners so with this issue on ground now, how can we avoid this kind of embarrassment that is being meted out to our old citizens ? Let's proffer solutions guys.
Nigeria is full of drama today is one problem tomorrow is another problem, it hurt to see people working tirelessly for an organization only to discover that one man is there collecting their pension, this is high level of corruption, I don't think something can be done for now

Nigeria is full of drama today is one problem tomorrow is another problem, it hurt to see people working tirelessly for an organization only to discover that one man is there collecting their pension, this is high level of corruption, I don't think something can be done for now
Well in my own opinion I think something can be done and the fact that if they ethics and principles of the country as a whole can be changed by constant reorientation of the country's values by means of giving thought much priority for good moral conducts.

To be sincere about that, it is not that they are finding it very difficult to settle out their pensioners but the economic situation has tired them down to the extent that the policies they make often affect the flow of income and the strength of the currency.

The hard truth is that, these pension are being released by the government for the rightful owners but the body that is in charge of disbursement held unto it to limit the number of people who would demand for it so they can take it

It happens to poor citizens cos my dad has to wait for a long time before he was paid.. it's not good and things were difficult then and life was so unbearable to us then .if not that my mum was also working to support us.. So I wouldn't want anyone that has nothing to do or has any other side hustle

This kind of thing I very.most unfurtunate and very pathetic thing to occur to pensioners after putting in the most of their life's strength to be treated like this. The chief executive of this government bodies don't get any delays in their collecting their own salaries

We are always being inaudaunted by news on on TV that our government are finding it difficult to pay pensioners so with this issue on ground now, how can we avoid this kind of embarrassment that is being meted out to our old citizens ? Let's proffer solutions guys.
The problem is bad governance.
There has always been money in this country.
Corrupt politicians will keep upholding that we are a poor nation....meanwhile we are not, all that would have made us rich are stuck to their pockets.

In most of the cases it's not that the federal government are incompetent or finding it very difficult but those who are responsible for the dischagement of duty that's to meet up to the demand of the retired pensioners becomes a serious problem because of selfishness.

The problem is bad governance.
There has always been money in this country.
Corrupt politicians will keep upholding that we are a poor nation....meanwhile we are not, all that would have made us rich are stuck to their pockets.
You are very right that most of the cause for our problem in this country is bad governance and I completely agree with you that it's as a result of their corruption and the way they ruled the country is the reason why we are mostly facing this issue of pension has being not paid.

The reason is that for long the government alone has borne the burden of paying pension and there are no innovation being adopted. But now since the introduction of the contributory pension scheme whereby pension fund is being managed by pension fund administrators the issue of owing pension has reduced for the crop of employees that are on the scheme.

One of the reasons there are problems with the payment of pensions, including employee wages, is poor government management. This happens in many countries, they always have priority to fill the pockets of the rulers and their environment, which for the people who voted for them are the ones who are really affected.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back