What's new

Why is most states and the federal government of Nigeria finding it hard to pay pensioners

From experience and research I think those in government and in charge of the pension fees are not transparent enough and are not interested in the well being of their retired hardworking employees. I see no reason why they should not be paid their pension after serving for that long faithfully.

It can be as a result of several reasons like corruption, mismanagement of fund and also poor documentation and accountability, which is not fair to Pensioners because they have worked so hard when they were younger and deserve the money 100%

One of the reasons there are problems with the payment of pensions, including employee wages, is poor government management. This happens in many countries, they always have priority to fill the pockets of the rulers and their environment, which for the people who voted for them are the ones who are really affected.

This is exactly the point that I am trying to make to someone earlier today. I mean when the people in government only think of what they can benefit and not about how it is going to help the masses, then this is what it will result in. Paying pensioners should be top of the agenda yearly, but they will rather spend time talking other things instead of doing what is right.

We are always being inaudaunted by news on on TV that our government are finding it difficult to pay pensioners so with this issue on ground now, how can we avoid this kind of embarrassment that is being meted out to our old citizens ? Let's proffer solutions guys.
When corruption and mediocrity rules and becomes the order of the day, how can you expect that such leaders will pay attention to the old pensioners? They are after what they'll get and how to sustain the tempo if they are not there.

The pension funds are in the hands of the state governors. After paying the workers, keeping some for developments and of course as corrupt as they are, keeping some for themselves, the remainder is not nearly enough to pay pensioners.

This is exactly the point that I am trying to make to someone earlier today. I mean when the people in government only think of what they can benefit and not about how it is going to help the masses, then this is what it will result in. Paying pensioners should be top of the agenda yearly, but they will rather spend time talking other things instead of doing what is right.
Perhaps that "someone" does not understand because they do not feel affected. Because the truth, when I speak of mismanagement, it is because I do not prioritize the needs of people, the help they deserve and what they have earned through their own efforts, with the dedication of their youth, at the service of government entities.

There will some points which are responsible for this stuff. Lack of government' abilities. No law enforcement for delaying and dealing pensions. There will be a handy role of administration in passive and Absurd procedure of pension. It should be dealt actively.

They are not finding it difficult, they just don't want to pay for selfish reasons. They prefer keeping the money for themselves. They love to see the poor suffering and when the election is coming z they will ease their suffering and the gullible electorate will still vote for them

Thats very true, it is because of corruption, most of them usually divert the fund elsewhere to make their own personal gain.
Post automatically merged:

Thats very true, it is because of corruption, most of them usually divert the fund elsewhere to make their own personal gain

This is because on most of the cases the government has repatriated the funds for something else, it could be to someone's personal account or towards an ongoing project, most of the time it is due to wickedness and greediness of government officials in charge.

If we are to be very honest, Nigeria is a very poor country at least for the number of population we have and is growing. Whenever allocation comes and goverment decrease money for projects and salaries, the money remaining is just a little and I think that is why many pensioner go for months sometimes unpaid.

What is happening in Nigeria is actually a bible professy that said: man has dominated man to his harm, Nigerian leaders are selfish, most of them are ready to kill you and take over your belongings in name of government, they don't care about us at all, our country is blessed with mineral ressorses, but just few of them

As specified and indicated, in Nigeria the state and federal government finds it difficult to pay pensioners because they lack proper management. Those in the post of the payment does not monitor and pay the pension to the pensioners when due.

Pensions as a form of social security against old-age poverty and other uncertainties have attracted great interest virtually everywhere in the world, both in developed and developing countries, in recent times. Pension programmes, especially those that are publicly financed and administered, have become an issue of concern to economists, policymakers and the general public. This is not only because such programmes are central to the well-being of pensioners and the elderly, but also because the majority of pension programmes are not actuarially balanced (that is they are not financially stable), and as such they are run at deficits, thus making the present values of their future liabilities to be enormous.1 To this end, an overview of what a pension programme/scheme entails is needed for a general under-standing of this form of social security service.

Developing countries like Nigeria and the rest have a system that doesn't work well. Weather it is pension or other sectors that impact the economy positively. Most of those funds are stolen by greedy politicians who want everything.

the reason I think that is happening is because there is high level of corruption in Nigeria and I think the government is also trying as much as possible to make sure that the country is corrupt free, I think corruption is the causes of them not being able to pay some pensions to some pensions earner s

We are always being inaudaunted by news on on TV that our government are finding it difficult to pay pensioners so with this issue on ground now, how can we avoid this kind of embarrassment that is being meted out to our old citizens ? Let's proffer solutions guys.

Like Reply

The reason why they most state and federal government in nigeria are finding it hard to pay pensioners is that, the financial system is not stable and also the money allocated for pensioner are being used for other things like paying of debt and so on.

If we are to be very honest, Nigeria is a very poor country at least for the number of population we have and is growing. Whenever allocation comes and goverent subtracts Monet for projects and salaries, the money remaining is just a little and I think that is why many pensioner go for months sometimes unpaid.
I don't agree to the fact that Nigeria is a poor country instead, I would say Nigeria has many poor citizens who find it difficult to live a normal life. Our government system has created a big loop hole for politicians to siphon money meant for issues like this. If we check well, there is always allocation for pensioners but because some people are sitting on it somewhere, government find it difficult to include them.

Nigeria is very poor country. So there is very issue about pension. Except this most countries humiliate old citizen. Nigeria government is so corrupt. They spend thier money in ministers protocols instead of old citizens and poor peoples.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back