Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Why is it that .io domains are so popular as of late? It's like each video game site uses the domain, and every new startup uses it. What is the reason so many people are going for that domain? Is there some kind of reasoning behind it? Or is it just a simple domain that works?

One word "hype". There is a lot of hype of some of the extensions. IO, net, LY, MS etc. A lot of them are adjusted with the names in such way that those domains tend to cost a lot in the market. I have noticed that some of the times brands are also adjusted to the domain name. And like say bitly etc you can guess it is more or less branding.

Yes that's correct it is just hype which is created by few webmasters to increase the pricing and people often like to have different domain extension rather than .com. Sometime it suits with certain kind of websites.

not just io domains a lot of other new domain extensions are popular. That's because you can get the desired one-word domain if you choose new extensions, which otherwise would be impossible with the old domains like dot com. However, I will never get dot io because of the price.

I have not noticed a website using .io extension as of late. The last update I read .com extension still remains the best search engine extension and this is why more webmasters and bloggers are going for the extent to improve their search engine rank on Google and other search engine.

io has great availability. ' A two-character domain means shorter URL, easy to remember, easier to type. It's just starting to become popular, so you can get the name you want for your website. Flexible and simple.

Well people are constantly on the lookout for shortened URL. And I also think it's cheaper in comparison to other well known domain. Then there's also the fact that it is catchy which we can't really rule out.

io is not the most popular domain and I think the most popular one is.com and that's what people are much more familiar with but the one you are talking might be for only popular social media or business brand but using that one as a website might not be the best because a quality of a good domain is that it should be easier for people to search for it and locate it easily and people won't bother to go to io , they will rather seach for .com

I have noticed lots of io's website, but .com will always surpass the popularity of the .io domain type. Base on how easy people who doesn't have clues on the domain ending of a site. People always thought that all website's uses .com type of domain ending. Not knowing that other domain's have emerged. That's I've always placed .com website at the top.

Dot io is one of the latest domain extension in domain name world. Other are dot app dot design dot live etc but they are not as popular as dot io. The reason is that dot io is pretty fancy and easy to pronounce. Dot io does make domain names and their extension long. In fact, dot io are still getting God money at the domain name market.

I don't know why people want to get io domain when it is one of the expensive domain extensions. I would not buy a domain that cost a lot of money on registration and renewal. I only use a domain that cost less than $15.

The main reason for this is that in computer science “IO” is commonly used as an abbreviation for Input/Output. ... io is used by a much broader audience than just those in the British Indian Ocean Territory and so they treat it as a generic domain

The domain extension popularity is also connected to its price. It is more expensive than the .com and other extensions and this could also be a reason for its popularity.

Why is it that .io domains are so popular as of late? It's like each video game site uses the domain, and every new startup uses it. What is the reason so many people are going for that domain? Is there some kind of reasoning behind it? Or is it just a simple domain that works?
The most probable reason that the .io domain is becoming popular these days might be because it is very cheap to aquire amongst the various types of domains we have out there

.io domain ending is becoming popular among all other domain names. But i still prefer .com domain, cos of the popularity, and how easy to type the keyword. But if I'm presented with .io I'll still buy it as long as it make sense based on my niche website selection I'll go for it.

If you start buying a domain name with com you will find it reserved so in suggestion you may face in choice io domain name so you decide to shop this domain name as suggestion and there are many .software .art .xyz .online .store that seems interesting.

I guess why most site intend to be using this is because it is still new and everyone like to try new thing in life,so we all have to understand how life is. So I see be big deal in most new site using .io I guess.

The first is that the .io website extension is not as popular as you make it seem in fact it is one of the most less popular domain website right now and the.com domain extension still remains the most popular domain extension in the world.

The first is that the .io website extension is not as popular as you make it seem in fact it is one of the most less popular domain website right now and the.com domain extension still remains the most popular domain extension in the world.
Most of .com domain name are reserved so it is not pratical to still limited to .com domain as extensions are great solution except if domain name is watermarketed then copyrights prevents to sell same domain even with .store extension.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back