Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
So I never understood why people use link shorteners to get paid some money. I think there was a service that allowed you to shorten links, and in return, they would force an ad on people who went to the link. So, they would have to view the ad first.

Does this sort of stuff pay well at all?

Back in the day piracy was at its peak, and a lot of people looking for games would get a bitly link from people who uploaded cracked games or software. It was a way for many people to make money, and for many others to get the game or a virus, depending on your luck lol.
It does pay, and I got some money from the links, but not more than 30$, and that was way long ago.

Many businesses will place advertisements on the URL shorteners. Thus, those URL shorteners can charge a monthly membership fee. They can also make money from advertisers because many advertisers will pay them to increase traffic to their websites or apps. Parts of those fees go to the URL shortener,

The reason why they pay you is that all those ads you see paid them too. so they will generate income once user see an ads.
Yes that's true, that's why when you open a shortened site, there's a bunch of ads popping everywhere. They also pay you for the traffic that you generate to their website which they'll profit from. This is one way advertisers increase traffic to their sites, by paying url shortener sites then a tiny amount of that money is then given to those who can generate traffic to that url shortener site.

Its because of the ads embedded on that shortener site, other site are also using countdowns (this i dont know how they earn using countdown). Didn't you notice the similarities of every shortener that paying they are consist of bunch adds or countdowns. Then base on how many adds they will offer a great rate for there users if they use there site.

So the more users clicks on the shorten link the more the income for you specially the owner of that site.

Oh, oh, so there is a caveat in using URL shorteners. I was really wondering why so many posts that I have seen are shortened URL. One popular short URLs is the Bitly that I see that is used by a tv network here for their news items. I hope they know that the link will produce ads that sometimes can be annoying. Anyway, if the provider of the shortened URL is paying the users then I guess it is only fair. Maybe we can say that they both get benefits.

I think people get paid to shorten URL to use it for advertising, the link provided ads. One popular short URLs is the Bitly that I see that is used by a tv network here for their news items

Its because of the ads embedded on that shortener site, They also pay you for the traffic that you generate to their website which they'll profit from. Many businesses will place advertisements on the Url shorteners Thus, those url shorteners can charge a monthly membership fee. And, also they are rendering time for people to shortened the url

I do not seem to understand the purpose of URL shorteners and how they generate their money. Still, I think there are many URL shortened sites out there that we are yet to explore.

Am not really sure if they actually pay well. Although most of them will promise to pay you but will actually fail to do that.
What am more concerned about whenever I visit their site is just to shorten my link and nothing else.

I believe that people are paid to shorten URLs in order to use them for advertising purposes, as the link delivered adverts. Bitly is a popular short URL that I see utilized by a television network here for their news pieces.

Some of them pay but not per visit, they usually calculate rewarding you per 1000 visits or more than that depending on the network.
The pay like you guessed is usually not that much. The best can pay not more than $5

I think the first type of link shorteners usually makes money by placing advertisements on the site and charging a monthly membership fee while the second type of link shorteners make money from advertisers, advertisers pay money to get traffic, part of that money take the link shortener website and rest gives to members who promote shorten links to earn money.

Is maybe they want to promote their ads and also the more they pay people, the more many people will come to their site and they will go viral.

it is because they have to take the use that click on the ling to another website that contains some adverts before taking him or her to the website he or her is trying to visit

Well , they sometimes pay people for traffic generated use their link shortener site this would also improve their search engine results and also help them to make more money, that is why they might run campaign where people can get paid using their url shortener.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back