What's new

Why are there so few or no real estate agents in the neighborhoods?

Reverse is the case here in the capital city of Abuja where almost everwhere are filled up with estates. Either industrial or living estate and they are doing well though.

Reverse is the case here in the capital city of Abuja where almost everwhere are filled up with estates. Either industrial or living estate and they are doing well though.
That's my point @Blessedsam60, in the capital and urban areas real estate agents proliferate everywhere, however in the humble rural areas, it's hard to get one to provide their services. It should be equitable and not marginal.

It's dependent on the locality. Where I'm based, there's a dearth of them just like you suggested but it's due to the nefarious acts of unscrupulous elements such as land grabbers and so on.
So no agent is willing to risk his life or make losses when dealing.

Many real estate agencies got closed in my country because the market is really down and real estate agents are hardly getting clients. This has been the condition since pandemic.

It's dependent on the locality. Where I'm based, there's a dearth of them just like you suggested but it's due to the nefarious acts of unscrupulous elements such as land grabbers and so on.
So no agent is willing to risk his life or make losses when dealing.
You are absolutely right, because if he does not have the expected profit and on the contrary runs risks, he will keep his distance from the area. On the contrary, he will be interested in others that will give him benefits without risks.
Many real estate agencies got closed in my country because the market is really down and real estate agents are hardly getting clients. This has been the condition since pandemic.
The same thing has happened in many countries, as the pandemic has wreaked havoc, both in the real estate sector and in other businesses. I am sure they will gradually recover as COVID disappears.

I wonder why when low-income people look for an affordable home to buy, many times regardless of whether it is in the neighborhood or not, they do not find an agent to guide them and give them options.
Compared to economically stable people, the low-income population is the majority, therefore there is more work for real estate agents and even for the owners of said businesses.
What are the reasons that prevent an agent from working in the neighborhoods?
It is the reverse in my locality.
A lot of people especially unemployed people have become real estate agents.
these agents are the ones who help people locate houses or landed properties up for sale or rent.

I wonder why when low-income people look for an affordable home to buy, many times regardless of whether it is in the neighborhood or not, they do not find an agent to guide them and give them options.
Compared to economically stable people, the low-income population is the majority, therefore there is more work for real estate agents and even for the owners of said businesses.
What are the reasons that prevent an agent from working in the neighborhoods?
I do not really understand the thread.
I think the reverse is the case in my country where real estate agents are everywhere. Both low income and high income earners also are able to acquire properties that they can afford.

It is the reverse in my locality.
A lot of people especially unemployed people have become real estate agents.
these agents are the ones who help people locate houses or landed properties up for sale or rent.
It is exactly the function of the real estate agent, I am glad that in your country they are in constant activity in the different sectors, in my country there are sectors where getting an agent is difficult.
I do not really understand the thread.
I think the reverse is the case in my country where real estate agents are everywhere. Both low income and high income earners also are able to acquire properties that they can afford.
What part of the thread do you not understand? In your country, if you get real estate agents when needed, I love it. However, in the humble people sectors in my country you don't get them on a regular basis.

I remember a time when real estate agents were prevalent in my city and many people were getting into this business as full-time workers. However, now the economy of my country is really poor. Many people consider real estate business as a side business only.

I remember a time when real estate agents were prevalent in my city and many people were getting into this business as full-time workers. However, now the economy of my country is really poor. Many people consider real estate business as a side business only.
At present and in view of the pandemic, the demand has also decreased in recent times, however, there are still some real estate sales-purchase transactions as well as rentals. But most people are looking for other sources of income.

Well this can be true in your own location but in my own location there are many estate agents out there, even if you meet only one they will contact their colleagues and spread your requirements to them to get you your desired property.

Well this can be true in your own location but in my own location there are many estate agents out there, even if you meet only one they will contact their colleagues and spread your requirements to them to get you your desired property.
In fact, everything depends on the location, that is why I expressed in the topic related to the sectors of humble people. In general, real estate agents are located where the profits are higher, which is not going to happen with the poorest people.

Well, that is because people living in low-income areas might rent ou their homes at a low price and estate agents usually do not make that much of commission in low-income areas and they always prefer to work in high-income areas. This factor also depends on the country you live in. In my country estate agents earn almost a 100 percent of the amount they deal in and they earn the same amount of commission they rent out the houses of other people.

Here in my area they have a standard office in which you can find them at a specific time of 8am to 5pm ..
Indeed, here in my country, there are also countless real estate agents' offices. However, they prefer to work where there are people with more economic stability, rather than with people of low income.
Well, that is because people living in low-income areas might rent ou their homes at a low price and estate agents usually do not make that much of commission in low-income areas and they always prefer to work in high-income areas. This factor also depends on the country you live in. In my country estate agents earn almost a 100 percent of the amount they deal in and they earn the same amount of commission they rent out the houses of other people.
Although it is totally true what you describe, as far as commissions are concerned, this varies. There are people who charge 100% for rentals, but only once at the closing of the contract, but in terms of real estate sales it is a low percentage, but the profits are huge.

At present and in view of the pandemic, the demand has also decreased in recent times, however, there are still some real estate sales-purchase transactions as well as rentals. But most people are looking for other sources of income.

I do not think that pandemic is the only reason why the business of real estate is down. I think there are various other factors that are responsible for the demise of real estate business. For example, inflation and the worst condition of economy is also one of the major factors responsible for the downfall of real estate business.

Real estate agents are not always available in the neighborhood, a lot of people always tend of be of help to do that for free.

I would say that it depends on your location because I know that in my location, real estate agents have companies they work for and some even employ marketers to help.bring their service to the public
Same thing I have also in my locality,one thing about the real estate sector is that if you are looking for the assistance of a real estate agent you will always find them, because some if them do operate independently and can be access with little fees.

Real estate agents are everywhere. You will come to understand that there are so many of them around that you can easily connect with if you are directly dealing with real estate. That's how it works.

Here in my country and my neigborhood , real estate agents are everywhere , in fact they are making enough money everyday because they are in charge of almost every houses in the state .

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back