What's new

Why are certain regions restricted from a particular survey?

Ojonuyo

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 21, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Anger and distaste are mere words to describe the pain and hurts I feel Inside, when I log in to take surveys and it is boldly written: NO SURVEY AVAILABLE FOR YOUR REGION! That's seem unfair to me.

This issue is being faced by many who found themselves in a developing country.

Why should surveys be limited to certain kinds of persons, I do question myself? What could be responsible for this problem? I need an answer, please share your reason.

Most companies carries out surveys in the areas where they hope to do their Businesses, they hope to get feedback from people within those geographical location where the business is located.
If they were to get feedback from another place other than where they are doing business in, then the purpose for that survey is defeated and they are just dashing out money to people. So this is the reason why survey companies target a particular place for their surveys.

There some company who pay people to talk about a certain products or services and maybe that company is in the United States then there is no need for them to pay people in Africa to review a product or services they have so they only accept people within the country as this is some of the reason why this is done they may be other reason which I may not know now, please let's wait for others to explain for us understand better

Then, you have to know that, even I who live in Italy, however have the same problem. On survey sites, for me they are usually available no more than three per month!
I believe, the disadvantage have every non-English speaking Countries. This is because every surveys must first be translated.

Whole it hurts, these have no other option.

The high level of dishonesty from people in such countries is one factor.

Another is that the clients that pay them for the surveys do not operate in such countries. Imagine McDonald's targeting people in Nigeria? It doesn't help them, so they don't want that.

Anger and distaste are mere words to describe the pain and hurts I feel Inside, when I log in to take surveys and it is boldly written: NO SURVEY AVAILABLE FOR YOUR REGION! That's seem unfair to me.

Why should surveys be limited to certain kinds of persons, I do question myself? What could be responsible for this problem? I need an answer, please share your reason.
I can understand your frustrations.As inside experience same some years back and it made me give up on surveys.
The only two reasons I can figure for this restriction are:
One, the nature of business of the surveys .Some businesses are geographical or territorial in nature hence, surveys are opened to applicable countries.Cos,there is no point accepting surveys from people with no practical facts that will help with informed decisions.
Another reason which I think affects majorly underdeveloped countries is the issue of say international country reputation.Oncw there is a huge perception of fraud/scamming with the citizens of certain countries ,such are restricted from participating in order to prevent false result and defrauding of resources.

Surveys are targeted at customers, consumers or audience where the brand is popular or in need of opinions to help improve their services, so, if that is not needed in your region at that moment, you would not be getting any surveys.

It's simply a matter demography, don't feel hurt. Surveys are targeted questionaires to know how people feel about a thing, product or subject.

Most companies or individuals that sponsors these survey want to get reaction from certain people or region, so if your profile doesn't match, they'd have to turn you down.

I felt same way initially though. 😀

Surveys are mostly undertaken to know the thoughts of the people about a particular situation and for taking better decisions about the situation. But mostly organizations of developing countries don't have much funds to undertake paid surveys and that is just the main reason why we don't get much surveys to perform and get paid.

To me I don't think it's unfair because those companies that needs the opinion of people needs the opinion from a restricted region. If the survey is available to download in all region it can cause a mix up of data and irrelevant answers which might not be useful to the company paying for the survey.

Most of survey sites deal with accurate data. And from my research, most African states don't keep accurate data. For instance, it is impractical possible to know the data of unemployed youths in Nigeria. You can only be given the estimate. This is a turn off for a good survey site.

Perhaps the location we are in isn't what they targeted to market their products. It's a matter of geogrsphy. The purpose of surveys are to see our preferences, buying behaviors etc and those who receive suurveys are within their target market. In addition, when we registered to a certain survey site, we fill up our profiles, right? It's also one of the factors why some surveys are not available for us. Our profiles doesn't match with what the company is requiring. I, myself feel frustrated but we can't do anything about it.

When surveys are done it is to get thoughts and better understand the situation of a particular situation.
Money are being paid by the developed countries or location where surveys are made. Some country who could not meet up with the requirements are excluded from carrying survey work and they are being denied payment as well.

The fact that surveys are restricted to some persons is something that is no longer common. Most of the companies that offer surveys wants the respondent to come from the region where the service is offered . This will help them get the needed information through the survey

Most companies carries out surveys in the areas where they hope to do their Businesses, they hope to get feedback from people within those geographical location where the business is located.
If they were to get feedback from another place other than where they are doing business in, then the purpose for that survey is defeated and they are just dashing out money to people. So this is the reason why survey companies target a particular place for their surveys.
Exactly, that's why surveys are mostly focused their surveys for top tier countries because that is where they can get potential costumers. Also the reason why users from developing countries will have difficulty of completing the surveys because it's not aimed for them.

Thanks for sharing your own reasons with me, now I understand better. All these years past I had lived in a make believe that surveys were scam and that was why my profile was always telling me survey not available for my region

It may be preferences, what's the Essence of surveys? Is it not to know and measure how things are, so if they need to do surveys about how many Americans like turkey you can only expect that particular survey to be for only people in America. You understand my point?

Not certain countries but a lot and a lot of countries, the reason for that, is because of the advertisers, they are targetting specific countries and i respect their opinion as they are free in their choice

Other constraints to using surveys to gather data:

Insecurity limiting access to the population of concern. The lack of time to carry out a survey. The lack of funding necessary to carry out a survey. The lower priority for carrying out a survey because of competing urgent tasks.Survey research has several inherent strengths compared to other research methods .

Surveys are targeted at a particular region, Because they need the demographic information and data of people from that particular region. There are also some survey sites that accepts people from all over the world.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back