What's new

Who pays the Utility bills?

This has been an argument for many years in my area,i feel the tenants should handle their various utility bills because the volume at which each tenants uses are different, let no one feel cheated.
Your opinion is correct, as the invoices arrive monthly in a different form. Therefore, each tenant must pay his monthly bill, and only he will be responsible if he is suspended for non-payment.

Your opinion is correct, as the invoices arrive monthly in a different form. Therefore, each tenant must pay his monthly bill, and only he will be responsible if he is suspended for non-payment.
That's right because lets take for example, mr.A uses power in his apartment worth $5 a month and mr.B uses $3 for the same month,it won't be fair if the both pay the same amount for utility bill in a month.

I think utility bill suppose to pay by the owner of the rent the owner using rent are in charge of the bills, or the landlord of the house can take care of the bills.

In my country, this question often generates curiosities and rifts between property owners and tenants. In most cases the utility bills such as electricity, water, WiFi are charged differently from rents. The tenants cater for the utility bills while in some cases the bills are charged with the rents.
From my own perspective, I believe utility bills should be charged with rents.
To you following this thread, who should pay utility bills?

Utility bills cannot be charged with rents as the amount of such utility bills varies month to month. In my country, such utility bills are charged separately from rent and I believe this is better. Sometimes, strict landlords take the bill from tenants and ask for money and pay the bill themselves in case tenant does not pay the bills.

Who pays the utilities bill depends on the agreement between the tenant and the landlord sometimes the landlord pays the utilities such as electricity water bill while in some cases the tenant pays.

In my country, this question often generates curiosities and rifts between property owners and tenants. In most cases the utility bills such as electricity, water, WiFi are charged differently from rents. The tenants cater for the utility bills while in some cases the bills are charged with the rents.
It depends on the properties and the agreement between the landlord and the tenants. Utility bills cannot be paid by the landlord because he won't know the quantities or units of the utilities that you will consume on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. You rent property which is owned by the landlord while utility is owned and charged by either the government or private companies who are all third parties to the agreement.

Well it depends on the system run in that country. In my country, we dont pay for water so every other bills is being taken care of by the tarnents, the landlord has no hand in these bills because he does not control what is being used in these homes

I believe the utility bill shoukd be shared between the the landlord and the tenants if the landlord is staying in the same building with the tenant, but if the tenant is staying alone, he should be paying the bill alone.

I actually feel it's a personal decision to decide if the landlord or tenant should pay for utilities as both parties should know what is best for them and should this be able to come to an agreement.

I believe the utility bill shoukd be shared between the the landlord and the tenants if the landlord is staying in the same building with the tenant, but if the tenant is staying alone, he should be paying the bill alone.
I agree with you, in the case that there is only one utility meter for the dwelling, but in my country the landlords place one utility meter per dwelling. That is to say, each family pays what it consumes in services since the receipts arrive separately for the owner and another one for each tenant.

I agree with you, in the case that there is only one utility meter for the dwelling, but in my country the landlords place one utility meter per dwelling. That is to say, each family pays what it consumes in services since the receipts arrive separately for the owner and another one for each tenant.
It's almost the same thing here , for example i am using a meter with my landlord, so we are sharing the amount on the bill but the other co-tenants are using personal meter m so they bear the bill themselves.

It's almost the same thing here , for example i am using a meter with my landlord, so we are sharing the amount on the bill but the other co-tenants are using personal meter m so they bear the bill themselves.
It is good that you share your opinion, since in general the owners do not cover all the expenses and the same happens with the tenants, the services are shared. There are responsibilities only of the landlord and some others only of the tenant.

It heavily depends on the country and locality though. Here there is a lot of inconsistency concerning all this a me net is and as such its preferable for the tenants to pay.

If the owner of the property is an occupant, then it should be a shared responsibly. If not then the tenants are solely responsible for them.

It is indeed a controversial topic in most developing countries but I think that the duty of paying sanitation fees, Water rates,light bill and gas bill is the duty of the occupants of the house

The utility bills should be paid by the tenants. The are the ones using those utilities and not the house owner. But agreement should have been made before the owner rent the house out to prevent rift.
This is the agreement between the real estate owners and the buyers of the property most * the owners pay for the light bills why sometimes it's among the real estate maintenance bill

This is definitely supposed to be included in the house agreement. As a house owner I usually just prefer to make the tenants to pay their utility bills.

Paying rents doesn't come with utility bills. As a tenant in a building you wkk be responsible for payment of utility bills in your apartment because they don't pay it up with rent

The tenants are to pay utility bills.
Whether it is light bill or water bill or WiFi, they should be paid by tenants. If the landlord isn't living with the tenants, it is just the tenants alone enjoying the utilities, so they should pay.

The utility bills should be paid by the tenant. If the landlord is living in the same compound, he has to pay his quota too. Some landlords even charge for these bills alongside the house rent, so that potential issues on payment may be prevented.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back