What's new

Who pays the Utility bills?

Basically it depends on the two persons who ability to take the responsibility of paying utility bills...
Post automatically merged:

Basically it depends on the two persons who ability to take the responsibility of paying utility bills...

Customers can pay their utility bills e.g electricity ..just drop your chk along with your bill at your branch and collect the receipt in the evening .

Last edited:
The onous of who is supposed to pay utility bills of a building should be the roles of tenants that lives on that property and not the landlord of the property. If a landlord decides to perform that duty, he will definitely add it to the rent money.

Well I think it depends, the landlord and the tenant could come to an understanding about who should be responsible for paying the utility bill, however in most cases it is usually the tenant that pays the utility bill.

I think the utility bill should be paid by the tenants due to the fact that they're the once using the utilities and not the land owners. But if utility bill is being made to be paid in the rent bill this kind of situation will not be.

In my country, utility bills are paid by the tenant, for this they receive the receipts directly, as long as the property owner makes the necessary arrangements to separate the services by properties or rooms. Otherwise, the expenses of the same receipt are distributed among the occupants of the different rooms or dwellings.

In my country, this question often generates curiosities and rifts between property owners and tenants. In most cases the utility bills such as electricity, water, WiFi are charged differently from rents. The tenants cater for the utility bills while in some cases the bills are charged with the rents.
From my own perspective, I believe utility bills should be charged with rents.
To you following this thread, who should pay utility bills?
Obviously utility bills should me paid by those people who have taken the property on rent.
And in my country rent and utilities are different and owner will take only rent and utilities is given to the government diractly by the rent holder.

In my country, this question often generates curiosities and rifts between property owners and tenants. In most cases the utility bills such as electricity, water, WiFi are charged differently from rents. The tenants cater for the utility bills while in some cases the bills are charged with the rents.
Obviously utility bills should me paid by those people who have taken the property on rent.
And in my country rent and utilities are different and owner will take only rent and utilities is given to the government diractly by the rent holder.

When I was in the university, I rented a self contain for three years and I could remember vividly the utility bills were charged with the rents. I can recall that there wasn’t a moment utility bills caused rift within the tenants but then in my final year I moved to another house. This time around the utility bills are paid by the tenants. The utility bills are collectively paid by the tenants. Every month ending there’s always a fight or two. This arose my curiosity and made me start this thread. Which one is ideal?

In my own point of view, its the tenant that pays the utility bill. You cannot expect the house owner to pay utility bill its not possible, because its the owner that creates all the things that the tenants do enjoy in the house so the tenants are the one that pay utility bill.

Who pays for utility bill argument shouldn't even happen to start with. The landlord doesn't use the utilities like electricity bill, water bill etc with you. So why would anyone expect the landlord to pay those bills? The tenants must pay it.

I would like to ask, who uses the service(s). Who consumed the energy?
If a tenant consumes the energy so why should the property owner pay the bill.
It will be an error of the highest order for me to carry a load that doesn't belong to me.
As a property owner, the best that could be expected is for me to provide a meter/prepaid meter.
Then any tenant who lives in my property should be responsible for paying his bill.

I feel all the utility bills charges should be included in the rent as well, it is easier that way so that when you pay for rent, you know you have cleared everything concerning both the rent and utility bills. Playing utility bills can happen when your staying in your own personal house, since it's your property.

Who pays for utility bill argument shouldn't even happen to start with. The landlord doesn't use the utilities like electricity bill, water bill etc with you. So why would anyone expect the landlord to pay those bills? The tenants must pay it.
I once rented an apartment where the landlord combine the rent and assumed utility bills in order to avoid possible conflicts arising between the tenants. It really worked. For our electricity we use prepaid and the landlord has a monthly budgeted amount on each prepaid. If it happens electricity is exhausted before the next month we contribute money FITB another one same goes for water and sanitary

It relies upon the details of the tenant contract. It is ordinarily a factor of whether the unit being leased has its own utility meter(s). On the off chance that it does, I would anticipate that the tenant contract should accommodate the occupant to have the utilities for which the unit is independently metered to have those utilities put for the sake of the inhabitant and for those utilities to be charged straightforwardly to the occupant

You have really said much about this issue. In my opinion, I agree for tenants alone to pay all the bills stated above except Nepa bills. I think the tenants and the landlord is supposed to pay the Nepa bills, as far as that landlord is occupying a room in that same building. This has really caused controversy in so many rented places. Some landlord pay some refuse to pay. That is my view on this issue.

When you move into a house or an apartment, you may have to pay for utility services like gas, electricity or water. To get these services, companies often look at your credit history – including your record of paying for utilities at any previous residences. Paying your utility bills on time is important. If you're strapped for money, there are ways to control your bill and handle tough situations to keep your utilities on.

Utility bill means the amount pay on the amenities or facility enjoyed by the occupier of a property. So from the meaning,the utility bill has to be paid by the people enjoying the facilities or people occupier the property. If the owner and tenants are living in the property both of share the bills and pay.

In addition to the orders by states for utility companies to suspend disconnections during COVID-19, some states have laws preventing utility companies from shutting off utilities under other circumstances. The users is always expected to pay for its use.

these kind of bills are good and these are the paying services which we get from every country government use full for every one and mostly basic the service are monthly and pay it every month.

Anyone who puts their name(s) on a utility bill will ultimately be responsible for any outstanding charges. Multiple names on a bill will place responsibility on all names on the bill if payment is not fulfilled; regardless if one pays their part while another does not

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back