Who pays the Utility bills?

Kamon c4

Madly Diligent
5000+ Posts Club
Nov 14, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
In my country, this question often generates curiosities and rifts between property owners and tenants. In most cases the utility bills such as electricity, water, WiFi are charged differently from rents. The tenants cater for the utility bills while in some cases the bills are charged with the rents.
From my own perspective, I believe utility bills should be charged with rents.
To you following this thread, who should pay utility bills?

@Kamon c4 you've said it all in your country. Looking at it carefully you know utilities charged to the property are consumed by the Tenant and not the Landord, hence the bill should be paid by the tenant. Also, utility charge is not fixed, it might fluctuate on monthly basis making difficult to charge with rent. It's possible to charge utility with tent on serviced apartment but not rented apartments.

It relies upon the details of the tenant contract. It is ordinarily a factor of whether the unit being leased has its own utility meter(s). On the off chance that it does, I would anticipate that the tenant contract should accommodate the occupant to have the utilities for which the unit is independently metered to have those utilities put for the sake of the inhabitant and for those utilities to be charged straightforwardly to the occupant.

I do not know of any rented place that is free of utility expenses except hotels, motels, resorts, and other vacation accommodation. But for a commercial or residential rental it is always the tenant who would pay the electricity, water and phone plus internet connection. The lease contract here always indicate that the tenant will handle even minor repairs caused by negligence. That means the lease contract is favoring the owner and it is legal here.

In my country, this question often generates curiosities and rifts between property owners and tenants. In most cases the utility bills such as electricity, water, WiFi are charged differently from rents. The tenants cater for the utility bills while in some cases the bills are charged with the rents.
From my own perspective, I believe utility bills should be charged with rents.
To you following this thread, who should pay utility bills?
Wow!! I guess some jurisdiction can really be that crazy. Where I come from, the tenants pay the bills the moment you become signatory to the tenancy agreement. The tenants may agree amongst themselves on how to shear the bills, but they bear the responsibility of paying the bills.

When bills are registered in the tenant’s name, the tenant is responsible for paying them from the date they move into the property. However, they are not responsible for any debts left behind from previous tenants. It’s important for tenants to check the meter readings on move-in day so they can supply their energy providers with the correct readings at the start of their tenancy.

Well. It all comes down to the agreement between the tenant and landlord. But most times, when you get a house from an agency, it's always the tenant that pays for the utility bills.

The tenant pays the utility bill of course. They are the one who uses all the amenities provided in the house for their own good. Therefore, they are the one to pay the bill. There are some countries, especially the advanced, where all bil payment are deducted from you monthly salary. The case is quite different in developing countries. You can evade some bills in y country and still leave okay.

Well. It all comes down to the agreement between the tenant and landlord. But most times, when you get a house from an agency, it's always the tenant that pays for the utility bills. You know how you use service like gas and electricity. So pay for it

It depends on the agreement signed between the tenant and the landlord. There a places where the landlord pays the utility bills but price of apartments tends to be higher in those areas. There are also apartments where tenants handle their utility bills.

The problem with this generation is that we expect the man to do everything because we believe the man is the head so he should do this and do that and so more, but we have forgotten that when the woman was created she was created as a help mate for the man, but let's not go into that too much. Generally we all believe the man should pay the bills but it's not a bad thing if the woman does too, the most important thing is understanding between each partner. If the woman has the money to do it when the man doesn't then she should go ahead and make it easy for him. But for the man we always have these mind set that it's up to us to do it because we are the man.

Whoever puts their name on a utility bill will be responsible for payments and outstanding charges, so if you have a group of sharers and they all put their name on the bill then they are all liable.

Whoever puts their name on a utility bill will be responsible for payments and outstanding charges, so if you have a group of sharers and they all put their name on the bill then they are all liable
Oftentimes, the Landlord’s name is registered on the utilities register. The landlord is the owner of the property so obviously his/her name will be on it. Landlord name may be on the bills but who pays it?

Every landlords should be wise enough to Carter for utility bills.
It is very simple to avoid strangers managing your estate business.
Write down all the expenses down and add it to their rent and begin to pay all this bills every month because that is your company.

@Kamon c4 the occupant of the said property should be the one paying. Utility bills are meant to paid by the occupant who consumes the commodity that derives some util. The tax on land and other charges are meant to be paid by the landlord excluding utility bill.

I don't know about other countries but in my own country the utility bills are not always charges with rent. They only get rent and commission from you while you pay utilities yourself when you pack in. Even if they get utility bills during renting it won't pay you because the landlord is not the one billing you.

Yes, I will support utility bill should be charge with rent to avoid that house having issues with power holding company. In my country Nigeria, utility bill is been paid by the tenant individually, making some tenant to owe bill for years and it will keep accumulating for long and become too huge for the next tenant to continue on if the old tenant pack out. But if utility bill is being made to be paid in the rent bill this kind of situation will not be.

Yes, I will support utility bill should be charge with rent to avoid that house having issues with power holding company. In my country Nigeria, utility bill is been paid by the tenant individually, making some tenant to owe bill for years and it will keep accumulating for long and become too huge for the next tenant to continue on if the old tenant pack out. But if utility bill is being made to be paid in the rent bill this kind of situation will not be.
I’ve seen this type of situation before. The landlord ended up paying the outstanding bills. Funniest thing was the occupants bypassed the electricity, was caught and landlord settled the bills for all when the tenant left.

Who pays the Utility bills?
Basically, this lays between the two partners on whom to take the responsibility of paying the utilities bill, most especially there we definitely need assistance towards make this happen whereby it is not every time the particular have the money to fund or pay bills there has to be help mate to assist where ever thus kind of circumstances arise.
We all must learn to be supportive and appreciative in all that we do for each other.

The utility bills should be paid by the tenants. The are the ones using those utilities and not the house owner. But agreement should have been made before the owner rent the house out to prevent rift.

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back