What's new

Who opens the doors of the business?

They can't work the same way because the guard is expected to guide from the gate and the entire working environment while doorman opens and closes mostly the receptionist door.

In a lucrative company, where they have employees with different roles. I think the gateman responsibility is to watch over the gate. He's the one that opens the door for other employees and clients to enter.

Each company is governed by its agreements and responsibilities. In the particular case of the functions of the employees of a trade, company or institution, where there are security personnel. Whose responsibility is it to open doors for staff to enter? The owner or the watchman? I have seen discussions because the guards want to put you as gatekeepers when your responsibility is to take care and as the word "watch" says to protect and take care of the staff.
I think that it depends on the company. If they are dealing with things of a sensitive nature then i think that it should be the owner to ensure safety, however otherwise the first person that comes into work can open. Some companies do have this policy.

Each company is governed by its agreements and responsibilities. In the particular case of the functions of the employees of a trade, company or institution, where there are security personnel. Whose responsibility is it to open doors for staff to enter? The owner or the watchman? I have seen discussions because the guards want to put you as gatekeepers when your responsibility is to take care and as the word "watch" says to protect and take care of the staff.
In most companies that I've worked with and have been to, the security guide were always the one to open door for every staff coming in, because their job is to make sure everywhere is secure and the company keys should always be with them I guess.

In reply to your question in the above post concerning who should open the doors for the business or company, should it be the watchman or the owner of the comoany,? Well i am of the opinion that it could be either of the two depending on who has been assigned to it

It just depends on what the company's lieu stated from the inception, if the security or the watchman is to open the door to receive staff or not, it should have been agreed upon but might be subject to adjusting.

Every employment letter has species ranges of duties assigned to you to carry out from the moment you start work. If it says you're to protect as well as take care of the staff in the case of the gate keeper, then it's his duty to open the doors

I think that it depends on the company. If they are dealing with things of a sensitive nature then i think that it should be the owner to ensure safety, however otherwise the first person that comes into work can open. Some companies do have this policy.
It is correct, for some time I was working in a bank agency, and there the door was opened by the manager and then any person would open it until the security guard arrived, since there is no doorman in that entity.
In most companies that I've worked with and have been to, the security guide were always the one to open door for every staff coming in, because their job is to make sure everywhere is secure and the company keys should always be with them I guess.
It is true that there are many companies that only have security personnel and perform the functions of opening and control of the company, in case there is a doorman would still be the guard who would open the door ... or it depends on the doorman?

It is correct, for some time I was working in a bank agency, and there the door was opened by the manager and then any person would open it until the security guard arrived, since there is no doorman in that entity.
When i was working at a research group, we had times that we used to come in in order to be able to use the equipment, so based on who was first up. that was the person that was meant to open up and had the responsibility of the key. Recording this allows the company to hold that person accountable if anythign had to go wrong.

When i was working at a research group, we had times that we used to come in in order to be able to use the equipment, so based on who was first up. that was the person that was meant to open up and had the responsibility of the key. Recording this allows the company to hold that person accountable if anythign had to go wrong.
Of course, the person who is responsible for the key to the business at any given time should keep track and put it in writing, hoping that nothing will happen, but it is better to foresee. In many companies this is forbidden due to lack of confidence in certain personnel, since anything can happen if a duplicate key is taken out.

Of course, the person who is responsible for the key to the business at any given time should keep track and put it in writing, hoping that nothing will happen, but it is better to foresee. In many companies this is forbidden due to lack of confidence in certain personnel, since anything can happen if a duplicate key is taken out.
Another excellent point. I think that the best thing to do in a case such as this is to have the access key as a biometric system with a finger print as this cannot be duplicated and will ensure a system that can be tracked digitially.

Another excellent point. I think that the best thing to do in a case such as this is to have the access key as a biometric system with a finger print as this cannot be duplicated and will ensure a system that can be tracked digitially.
Exactly, since cases like the one I described above have been seen. That is why in my country there is only one person responsible for the key apart from the owner, which is the doorman or in his absence the security guard. With the advance of technology there are businesses that have another type of security like the one you describe.

Exactly, since cases like the one I described above have been seen. That is why in my country there is only one person responsible for the key apart from the owner, which is the doorman or in his absence the security guard. With the advance of technology there are businesses that have another type of security like the one you describe.
I think that with time these security systems will become the norm for all businesses, given the fact that the usual key system does pose some serious risks. right now security cameras can be used before integration of these advanced security systems.

I think that with time these security systems will become the norm for all businesses, given the fact that the usual key system does pose some serious risks. right now security cameras can be used before integration of these advanced security systems.
Yes it is true, some companies' security cameras provide some security. But I like the one you describe that can be digitally tracked better. Before all this can be in all companies, it is good to have security at the entrances to them.

I think in some case i have experienced the owner usually assign such responsibilty to a clark or an assistant as this functions are mostly seen as an official duty,so the guards is responsilbe on keeping guard.

Of course some companies employ people that do such jobs. So definitetely there are people called doormen whose work is to open the doors.

I think in some case i have experienced the owner usually assign such responsibilty to a clark or an assistant as this functions are mostly seen as an official duty,so the guards is responsilbe on keeping guard.
I have seen in some companies that there are people designated by the owner to perform these functions. And I agree with you, the "watchman" or guards have other functions.
Of course some companies employ people that do such jobs. So definitetely there are people called doormen whose work is to open the doors.
Yes, in the great majority of businesses in my country and institutions hire workers with the position of doorman, and they are the ones designated for that, to be pending of the door, however being the watchman and this one, some pretend that the watchman fulfills the functions of the doorman.

Some companies have date men who are employed to open gates and certain doors in the business. Some of them are low ranking employees and some are also paid high.

Some companies have date men who are employed to open gates and certain doors in the business. Some of them are low ranking employees and some are also paid high.
I think it depends on the company and its relationship with the employee who works as a doorman. As you rightly describe, they consider him to be of low rank without taking into account the responsibility that such a position entails. But there are companies that do pay excellent salaries.

In businesses here it is often the owner who opens the business office. But that's for the small business only. For companies there is a trusted manager or the security guard that is tasked to come early in order to unlock the door for the entry of the employees. For companies that operate 24/7 there is no need for that since the office or store is always open.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back