What's new

Which should one go for: skills or higher education pursuit?

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?
I need your opinions on this.
I think that in a way it does make sense. The university degree is also meant to teach you skills however there are some people that have a degree yet may not be competent in the field that they are applying for a job, and therefore in this case their degree does not help them but rather their application of their degree in terms of their skills is what is considered to be important. Therefore I think that skills are considered to be very important and if they are paired with a degree then you have a lot of room to grow in your career.

Concerning choosing higher education or acquiring skills. I believe both can go on a long run. We have graduates or undergraduates that are in universities that are school and same time still having a vocational skill. So I believe the two can be runned simultaneously

Both skills and educational qualification are very important to acquire, the world has gone beyond attaining only one out of the two being that for you to be independent and meet with today standard you must be engage with them both.

Both are highly important and go hand in hand, because acquiring a skill require educational intelligence and having a skill also helps in your educational pursuit. Education is in fact good but having a skill is much more better as it provides for multiple streams of income.

Higher education is still going to remain relevant even in the future. Many organizations try to ensure all employees have at least a degree. It's possible to learn a skill while pursuing higher education, but you should never think of leaving school to go and learn any skill. You never know which would have way to your success.

Higher education is still going to remain relevant even in the future. Many organizations try to ensure all employees have at least a degree. It's possible to learn a skill while pursuing higher education, but you should never think of leaving school to go and learn any skill. You never know which would have way to your success.
You are absolutely correct, if we wish to get employed in standard and international organizations, then our degrees will come in handy. So while it is good to have a skill, pairing it with education is the best option.

Do not forget that people who acquired university education aare the ones who have proper understanding of all these skills you are talking about learning. If you do not go to school, you will only be doing trial and error method without having a basic understanding of how things operate. No matter what, going to school is key.

There's no right or wrong way. Just do YOU and do what feels best for you. A good education is good to fall back on but doesn't guarantee a job, let alone a well-paying one. Some people opt not to go to university and still do very well for themselves. Getting a good apprenticeship, then learning the right skills on the job, working your way up from the bottom can work just as well as a degree.

College education shouldn't be put on the back burner, but neither should skills. Both should go hand in hand since a university student should have specific skills to perform some function. But the reality is that a great majority of people when they hire an employee are inclined by their skills

Today more people seek university degrees and work for the government, most secular skills are learned in their spare time, because accountants, lawyers, teachers, doctors etc have to study computers and IT, but to be successful financially one doesn't have to have a university degree.

It's funny how some individuals think there's one with more importance between education and skill acquisition. How do you view skill acquisition? Do you not know that acquiring a skill is a form of education? And education provides you with skills too.? They're intertwined. An educated professor calls a plumber to work in his house. A carpenter appoints a teacher to teach his children. So who's greatest here? None! Just people who chose different paths and faced their desires and hobbies. People who acquire both are the real deal!

A higher education allows you to pursue a career that interests and inspires you. When you have the freedom to choose your career, you're more likely to enjoy it. Higher job satisfaction also comes from higher income, better employment benefits, and more advancement opportunities.

Generally, both skills and higher educational level are very much important for all businesses, a highly skilled man is very important in a business but his skills might be rendered useless if he is an illiterate. He had to add education to his skills

Most people say that the way the world is going, more emphasis will be placed on secular skills than on University degrees. But should this be the case? As important as skills are, should higher education be relegated to the background?

Generally, both skills and higher educational level are very much important for all businesses, a highly skilled man is very important in a business but his skills might be rendered useless if he is an illiterate. He had to add education to his skills
A u
Post automatically merged:

With the world becoming more it-centric, higher degree, a skill are not exactly mutually exclusive .. Honestly I think they are both important, you should get both if you can

Skills are very important in these days and age so also is higher education, but the best is having them both, you can learn a skill while in school, the kind of skill that will definitely help you when you finally graduate from higher institution.
The reason why some people don't do well is because they placed much emphasis on certificate instead of the education they acquired and implementing such knowledge in their daily lives.

It depends on what domain you are talking about, i would say skills for many reasons, one of the reasons is that you can freelance freely on the internet and make decent income than you would get offline, also you don't have to spend tons of years to do it like in studying

I think both is crucial, nothing stop someone from acquiring both skills and higher education degrees, studying is now so easy through ICT some courses are 100% online i.e at the comfort of your home. Thereafter if there's any opportunities offered by the government that requires certificate, you will be more capable and ready for it.

you can combine both skills and education but if it's the case that you cannot multitask i will advice that you should go with school and later you can update with skills because education gives the knowledge of being able to sustain skills

Education is very important. Even if you decide to learn a skill again pursuing your education it’s advisable to get a professional certification for your skill to show that you really know what you are doing. I think it’s even wise to combine both of them.

My brother, both skill and higher education is it ! Speaking from experience trust me, both will pave way for one, if not one will definitely do. There is nothing like having two or more stream of income

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back