What's new

When should you start adding to your pension?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Working online can make it tough to add to your pension, as I imagine the lot of us are self employed contractors, and due to that, we don't have official employers to pay into our pensions. That is left for us to do ourselves, just like calculating the amount of taxes you need to take out.

Anyway, I sadly haven't saved much in my pension yet. Has anyone here invested into their pension yet? How is it when you're self employed?

I never begin saving for the pension relief funds. It is not in my agenda for it now, when it is time I'll do just that. Those that saves more on time to save up for pension will be gaining higher during when the body won't need stress but relaxation to enjoy life after retirement.

When you are above forty years of age and when you have good income sources and can manage to save some money, then I think you are ready to add funds to your pension. However, I would prefer to join a job that offers its own pension plan

As soon as you start earning it is advicable to start adding to your pension. And also if u already have a steady business then i think u are already safe for a lifetime

I believe that the earlier you start saving for your pension fund, the better. You have to take into account that the years go by very fast and if you don't take into account the value of your pension, it would be very unfortunate if you need it in the future and you don't have it.

Working online can make it tough to add to your pension, as I imagine the lot of us are self employed contractors, and due to that, we don't have official employers to pay into our pensions. That is left for us to do ourselves, just like calculating the amount of taxes you need to take out.

Anyway, I sadly haven't saved much in my pension yet. Has anyone here invested into their pension yet? How is it when you're self employed?
As for me my pension money is growing everyday by day,although am no more working with the company that open a pension account for me again. But the pension company keep my money increasing till am fifty years of age I'll be able to have access to my pension money so I keep my fingers cross till then tho.

Currently, I don't imagine myself saving for pension. I am yet to get a good paying job, once I have job I will start saving, I will make sure I can earn enough to save every month. If I cannot save, I cannot work on my pension plan.

Being self employed does not mean you can't save money for the future incase you decide to retire from whatever businesses or work you're into. All you need to do is,there are pension platforms specifically for saving people money/assets for the future, you can venture into such.

As for me my pension money is growing everyday by day,although am no more working with the company that open a pension account for me again. But the pension company keep my money increasing till am fifty years of age I'll be able to have access to my pension money so I keep my fingers cross till then tho.
It is interesting what you describe, how does the pension increase if you are not working in the company? because of the interest earned on the deposits made by the company and yours when you were working? or do you continue depositing a monthly payment so that it continues to grow?

It's usually a good idea to start a pension as soon as you can, so that you'll have as long as possible to save for retirement, and your pension fund will have lots of time to grow. Pensions have certain unique benefits, for example generous tax relief and contributions from your employer.

I paid into several works pensions from the age of 18 so when I finally retired I had a nice little amount. I have always saved too although there have been times in my life that I struggled. At this point in my life I am very comfortable and I would advise anyone to start saving at a young age even if you can't pay into a pension scheme because you never know what will happen in the future.

Adding money or saving money to one's pension balance is a very good step that an employee could take. It should be taken with serious minds and as soon as possible.

Personally, I think the best time to add to your pension, is when you are satisfied you have acquired enough properties and established businesses on ground then any other income that comes in, you can then add to your pension. Otherwise I don't think it is reasonable to keep putting all your income in your pension when you don't even have a roof over your head.

According to my own point of view I believe you can start adding to your pension at any time, it all depends on when you feel comfortable and also when you don't have much expenses.
Post automatically merged:

You can start adding to your pension at anytime you feel comfortable but the best time for a person to start adding to his pension is at the age of 40. This is because at this point in time you can understand your material live better and also you don't have much expenses.

Last edited:
Your preparation for a life after retirement should begin almost immediately when you start to earn money. Toe I do believe the best way to plan for my retirement is to save up some money and after some time then I invest in a business that brings yield over time.

in fact, as soon as you resume for the employment, start making an arrangement to add money to your pension. With that you're in the best position

One should start adding to pension as soon as the opportunity to do that arises, so, you will know that your financial future is secure to some extent.

You should start adding to your pension when you get a job. In fact immidiately you get employed thats when you should start adding to it not later

Starting pension fund on time is cool but I'll prefer to use my early stage money to invest or start up a business rather than thinking of retirement at that time.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back