What's new

What's the scariest high risk investment you ever made?

I have really not done any scary business before especially investing. I have invested severally on cryptocurrencies and made some gains and made few losses.

I think what led most people to high risk investments is the urge to make money overnight. Another thing is greed which has led a lot of people to their early grave. I have lost some money as a result of my greed which I learnt a bitter lesson from it.
I have lost money in high risk investment as well. And I made a mistake by inviting many friends and family to partake there and when the investment collapsed, I was held accountable.

I haven't made many high risk like investments in my life. I have done a few, but it's only when I knew it was something I felt comfortable investing in. I do a lot of research and take my time with it. I never rush when it comes to investing.

But... Around 10 years or so ago. I invested $5000 of what I had made on a recent temp job, into starting this new business. I don't want to go into detail about the service, as I still may try to invest into the idea again. But, I'm sure you guessed right by this point, but that $5000 was gone, I made no return on the investment and was out of everything. I had like a couple hundred to my name after that. This of course was when I kind of started working, and making good money.

It was a major blow, but I thankfully recovered. I still feel like crap every time I think of it. :( But I have to remind myself, because I never want to repeat that mistake again.
I did only two high investment , and it was so risky because I decided to invest my house rent on it, I was not myself until the third day when I got the money and the return .

I did only two high investment , and it was so risky because I decided to invest my house rent on it, I was not myself until the third day when I got the money and the return .
That was truly risky and I wouldn't consider such Option no matter the condition. It is good that you were able to recover your money

The risk investment i had ever taken was when i had to used a fund i was suppose to use to pay for something which has a deadline.The investment,i have not done it before,but i was luky that the investment did not go into a loss and i was able to pay the money before the deadline.

I would say that I used to be a rough risk taker, I was getting paid by an agric farm sometimes last year and then I took all my earning and invested in a site that claimed to be a crypto investment site, I lost the funds though.

Investing your funds in an unregulated investment scheme like ponzi, cloud mining etc. Are simply the kind of investment i won't involve myself in again.

Investing your funds in an unregulated investment scheme like ponzi, cloud mining etc. Are simply the kind of investment i won't involve myself in again.
Investing your hard earned fund into investments like HYIP and ponzi is not advisable and not the best thing to do as an investor, ponzi scheme is 98% scam while hyip and cloud Mining are mostly scam too.

Investing your hard earned fund into investments like HYIP and ponzi is not advisable and not the best thing to do as an investor, ponzi scheme is 98% scam while hyip and cloud Mining are mostly scam too.
Laughs, you've already run the calculations of their fraudulent levels. And your evaluation and scam score for ponzi and cloud mining is simply right.

The scariest is investing 400$ in an HYIP site; I know that's this crap, but I was too beginner in this domain. Fortunately, I only lost 100$ and not all the amount.

I was lucky there.

I haven't made many high risk like investments in my life. I have done a few, but it's only when I knew it was something I felt comfortable investing in. I do a lot of research and take my time with it. I never rush when it comes to investing.

But... Around 10 years or so ago. I invested $5000 of what I had made on a recent temp job, into starting this new business. I don't want to go into detail about the service, as I still may try to invest into the idea again. But, I'm sure you guessed right by this point, but that $5000 was gone, I made no return on the investment and was out of everything. I had like a couple hundred to my name after that. This of course was when I kind of started working, and making good money.

It was a major blow, but I thankfully recovered. I still feel like crap every time I think of it. :( But I have to remind myself, because I never want to repeat that mistake again.
That was investing in MMM that time. I later regret it though and since then I have never attempted to do such things again. Since then i have learnt that it is not easy to lose ones hard earned money. That is the high risk investments I ever remember doing

I invested in a trade scheme just this past month. Three separate ones. I used my study reserves. So far I am yet to receive pay. Turning out to be a scam or ponzi but I just have to be hopeful. I've some days to go before the due date. I think so far it's been the most risky
I wouldn't call but I invested in to be an high yielding investment programme because I actually got to find those people on WhatsApp whereby they promised to double my money within 24 hours of which i fell for their scams.

Well, I would say betting but then again, some don't consider it an investment. Made a lot of investment lost the money as well. That is just it for me.

Yes you are right most people especially me don't see betting as an investment but i see it as gambling but to some people they see it as an investment because they knows how to go around it.
Well, I would say betting but then again, some don't consider it an investment. Made a lot of investment lost the money as well. That is just it for me.

Yes you are right most people especially me don't see betting as an investment but I see it as gambling but to some people, they see it as an investment because they know how to go around it.
Yeah, some people have made a killing from betting, so of course, they would naturally see it as an investment. I think it comes down to your own opinion and perceptions.

Good thing you learnt from your mistake my friend. I haven't made that kind of business or Investment mistake but I have made some loses in the past.

Wow the $5,000 dollar investment is huge amount already. Its so sad that your five thousand dollars is all gone. I have invested in high yielding investment program I think one thousand dollars. But its all gone too because for no reasons the site shut down and run away our money.

The stupid investment decision I made back then was investing my hard earned money into a Ponzi scheme that promised 30% at the end of of every month on each capital

There was this time I was into forex not too long ago actually. Sometimes two years ago to be precise. I trade a very high lot size and made huge profits and in a twinkle of an eye, my profits were wiped out

The one I did was actually legit and it pays because it's a good business to venture into. The only mistake I did was telling a family member to manage the business for me and that was the end of the business

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back