What's new

What's the scariest high risk investment you ever made?

Lolz, it was then when I have a very serious motivation to trade cryptocurrency, the motivation was so strong that I invested all my little life saving in cryptocurrency for the sole purpose of trading cryptocurrency, I actually traded,but the volatile nature of the cryptosystem cut my money to half, I was naive and inexperience in the crypto space then

One of the risky investment i made was putting my money into a scheme that i did not really made much research into,which i later found out to be a ponzi scheme,And this money was actually my salary.

I am not a high risk taker and even if I want to venture into business, I will make sure there is plan a in case the first plan ain't working as planned. I only invest with what I can part with.

I have made a number of very scary high risk investment over the past years. One of such was in a forex trade decision I took. I entered a very high lot size together with a high amount of stake also. I lost a lot of it that day

I understand how you feel. My brother have also made a high risk investment and lost everything. He lost more than 2.5 million

The scariest investment I've made in the past was pointing back to the ponzi scheme which makes us believe we have some interest on every little money we invested within a stipulated periods. It was a great loss and the sad experience as I lost my $2000 equivalence in Naira.
This question will always bring a bad memory because the scenario was very painful to me. This was MMM saga, when I invested about #1m borrowed money and everything went. I paid debt monthly for almost two years.

there are many investment which has a scariest to investors. I bought about bitcobit for some times ago but the rate of bitcoin decided to go down and I was in need of money urgently at that time . this made me to have no choice than to sell my bitcoin at that period. I run lost at that time but I took it to be normal

This reminded me of the MMM. I invested hugely in this ponzi scheme and even borrowed a huge amount of money to participate but at the end of the I ran into debt.
Sorry about that. I feel the existing Ponzi schemes also got their hint from MMM and I still see many people joining them not learning from the experience of those who have been scammed.

I haven't really made any high-risk investment before, I have invested in cryptocurrencies but I wouldn't consider it as a high-risk investment because it is profitable.

I can remember the first time I started forex live tading with about $250. That was a very huge amount for me then. As the price action was moving up and down my heart was pounding heavily.
Trading forex can really put your heart in your mouth. I have been in that situation before, despite that I paid someone to trade for me I was still shaking when my money was running down. Since that experience, I never trade in forex again.

My scariest risk was when I invested in farm product with the aim of making profit but the end result was not favourable to me. With my calculation and study of the business before investing on it, at least I should make little profit if am not able to make much profit from the business but I rather made loss.

The only high risk investment i made in my life is doing MMM business , the business involves you paying someone you are merged to and you will have to wait for 3weeks before someone will pay you too, but i was lucky to withdraw before it crashes.
I took a huge rush recently during the dip, I had a feeling after reading some articles that the bearish run would be over Soni took money and put it but I was lucky it increased a bit before I had to return the money

My scariest risk was when I invested in farm product with the aim of making profit but the end result was not favourable to me. With my calculation and study of the business before investing on it, at least I should make little profit if am not able to make much profit from the business but I rather made loss.
Farming is a gamble here because of the climate. Our country is a favorite of storms and typhoons. I have been invited once to invest in a sugar cane cropping. The return is after one season of cropping. I did not join my friends but fortunately they were able to earn a profit from their investment because the farm was not flooded in that period.

Farming is a gamble here because of the climate. Our country is a favorite of storms and typhoons. I have been invited once to invest in a sugar cane cropping. The return is after one season of cropping. I did not join my friends but fortunately they were able to earn a profit from their investment because the farm was not flooded in that period.
yes every business today seems to be like gambling because it has seasons prediction and also can crash at any time when it is not well plan one of these scariest high risk of business that I have invested in is cryptocurrency.

The scariest investment I ever had was the online investment I had last year In which after my investments 3 days later the site got disappeared that is to say the site no longer log in. it was complicated that my offline business suffer the loss to some extent I had to denied myself some things in other to me my offline business creterials.

The scariest investment I ever had was the online investment I had last year In which after my investments 3 days later the site got disappeared that is to say the site no longer log in. it was complicated that my offline business suffer the loss to some extent I had to denied myself some things in other to me my offline business creterials.
the scariest high-risk investment that I have ever made is investing in mmm Ponzi scheme and I was really disappointed and regretted why I carried out such action because I lost all my money.

I remember once depositing $100 to a HYIP site , a douber , but unfortunately I got scammed. $100 isnt a big amount for many , but it was a good amount to me, I was very scared to invest but due to my friends good review on the site , I invested but got scammed. So dont listen to even best of your friends while investing!

I think the scariest i have ever made was investing almost all my earnings i made from a previous investment in another one i was not so sure about. I was actually introduced to it by a friend.

I haven't made many high risk like investments in my life. I have done a few, but it's only when I knew it was something I felt comfortable investing in. I do a lot of research and take my time with it. I never rush when it comes to investing.

But... Around 10 years or so ago. I invested $5000 of what I had made on a recent temp job, into starting this new business. I don't want to go into detail about the service, as I still may try to invest into the idea again. But, I'm sure you guessed right by this point, but that $5000 was gone, I made no return on the investment and was out of everything. I had like a couple hundred to my name after that. This of course was when I kind of started working, and making good money.

It was a major blow, but I thankfully recovered. I still feel like crap every time I think of it. :( But I have to remind myself, because I never want to repeat that mistake again.
I can remember two of such very high risk investments I put my money, one was buying a bank shares that later flopped and I don't even know how that investment is doing now.

The second was putting my money in a ponzi scheme called MMM, I had this premonition and cashed out on a Wednesday and the system crashed on the Friday.

I am not a high risk taker and even if I want to venture into business, I will make sure there is plan a in case the first plan ain't working as planned. I only invest with what I can part with.
I think what led most people to high risk investments is the urge to make money overnight. Another thing is greed which has led a lot of people to their early grave. I have lost some money as a result of my greed which I learnt a bitter lesson from it.

Last edited:

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back