What's new

What's the difference between Bitcoin and Wrapped Bitcoin?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Today while I was on coinmarketcap, I saw that there is two different kinds of Bitcoin, the main one sitting at around $16,500 or so. But, I also noticed on the same site, Wrapped Bitcoin. What is the difference between the two? What does Wrapped mean here? The price for it was slightly less, around $16,350 or so.

What is the difference if any?

Bitcoin: What's the difference? It's important to note that Wrapped Bitcoin is a tokenized version of Bitcoin that can be used in Ethereum's DeFi ecosystem. The process of minting WBTC requires the use of trusted merchants that basically hold your BTC and then issue you WBTC tokens that are compatible with Ethereum.

You know, you can not use Bitcoin on the ethereum's ecosystem, so wrapped Bitcoin is another version of Bitcoin that you can use on the ethereum ecosystem
Considering the fact that Bitcoin is one of the best crypto coin with highest rate in the crypto market, but I think it has allot of difference with the so called wrapped coin.

Considering the fact that Bitcoin is one of the best crypto coin with highest rate in the crypto market, but I think it has allot of difference with the so called wrapped coin.
The difference are not all that much but it helps to solve two distinct problems as one of the can not be used on the ethereum ecosystem while the other one can be used there

There is no difference between the actual bitcoin and wrapped bitcoin. They are the same but like the person you quoted have said. One runs in ethereum ecosystem and the other is a coin.

There is no difference between the actual bitcoin and wrapped bitcoin. They are the same but like the person you quoted have said. One runs in ethereum ecosystem and the other is a coin.
there is no much big difference at all, they both solve distinct problems which is adding more value to bitcoin itself as it is removing some form of limitations been encountered in the past.

Bitcoin is the main crypto currency that we all know. Any other crypto currency is fake and should not be taken serious.

No point wasting Money on fake crypto currencies.

Your assertion are not correct, bitcoin is not the only crypto currency but the most popular and there are other crypto currency as well that are performing better and are real as well.

Wrapped bitcoin is usually measured in value to the bitcoin but then it is usually used in decentralized protocols on the ethereum blockchain.

This is actually the first time I am encountering the word warped Bitcoin.
This thread is very educating and enlightening and it has helped me gained more understanding.

Bitcoin is the main crypto currency that we all know. Any other crypto currency is fake and should not be taken serious.

Do some research before saying something. A lot of altcoins are as legit as Bitcoin, including wrapped Bitcoin. While Bitcoin is not maintained and developed by one single organization, most altcoins are maintained by organizations.

No sir both are same other one bitcoin is wrapped bitcoin that means we use that wrapped bitcoin to made transaction in erc20 network so don't worry about that wrapped bitcoin.its not a fake coin.

Bitcoin is a digital currency that uses cryptography to secure and verify transactions. Wrapped Bitcoin is an Ethereum token that is backed 1:1 to Bitcoin, allowing users to use Bitcoin on Ethereum-based decentralized applications. WBTC is created when a user deposits Bitcoin into a custodian and the custodian mints an equal amount of WBTC on the Ethereum blockchain. WBTC is fully backed by Bitcoin, meaning that users can redeem it for an equal amount of Bitcoin at any time. The main difference between Bitcoin and WBTC is that WBTC is an Ethereum token, while Bitcoin is a digital currency on its own blockchain.

This is actually the first time I am encountering the word warped Bitcoin.
This thread is very educating and enlightening and it has helped me gained more understanding.
Yes most people are not aware of this seriously, but I think base on all Indications this site has really helped Allot of people to make huge amount of money, even though most people don't know about it.

Today while I was on coinmarketcap, I saw that there is two different kinds of Bitcoin, the main one sitting at around $16,500 or so. But, I also noticed on the same site, Wrapped Bitcoin. What is the difference between the two? What does Wrapped mean here? The price for it was slightly less, around $16,350 or so.

What is the difference if any?
The primary distinction between Bitcoin and Wrapped Bitcoin is that whereas Wrapped Bitcoin is an ERC-20 token intended to monitor the value of Bitcoin on the Ethereum blockchain, Bitcoin is a native cryptocurrency of the Bitcoin network.

Yes most people are not aware of this seriously, but I think base on all Indications this site has really helped Allot of people to make huge amount of money, even though most people don't know about it.
Wow, how does these operates?
Is it a cryptocurrencies trading broker that helps experienced trader get funded?
I am a forex trader and I truly need to get funded.

Wow, how does these operates?
Is it a cryptocurrencies trading broker that helps experienced trader get funded?
I am a forex trader and I truly need to get funded.
Considering the fact that I'm likewise a forex trader, but not long i get to know about the app, I am still trying my Possible best to know more about the app and how it works fully.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back