What's new

Whats more important, action or storyline?

Joshua Farrell

Stargate SG1 Fan
Valued Contributor
VIP Member
5000+ Posts Club
Jul 20, 2016
USD
$1.0175USD
Biznotes
VIP Premium - 4 Years: Platinum
List Your Withdraw Option Here!
List Your Withdraw Option Here!
What is more important to you in a game, the action or the story?

I will generally love the story line more than the action in a game. But if the action properly compliments the story, and isn't just to get you from task 1 to task to, then I would enjoy that too.

It's definitely the story. It's keeps you glued, interesting and wanting more but then, the action must be good enough to complement the story

Story-line ,all the way. It's not only the visuals , graphics which makes the name for a game but it's story. Let's talk about Crysis 3 , how it miserably failed despite having fine graphics , because of the bad plot of that game.

To me, the action is better than the story line. Most storylines do have concrete and full messages. The action can also teach a lot of lessons which might be hidden or lost in the storyline

I'll go for the action it's more intriguing than the storyline the action can as well also teach a lot of lessons which the storyline will never entail. I also love the story line but the action is just a replica of the story line.

A "storyline" is a series of events that occurred through time; a "plot" is the telling of these events in ways that create reader interest (which often means using a narrator and dialogue to create emotional attachment to a protagonist). This is subjective. A story is about something.
To me the action is better than story.

is that plot is the course of a story, comprising a series of incidents which are gradually unfolded, sometimes by unexpected means while action is something done so as to accomplish a purpose.

Story
This is the start of the story, where we meet the main character or characters, understand the setting, and deduce the conflict.
For example, we might meet the main character, named Sydney, who just moved to Nigeria, and is writing her first book. There, we meet the main character, understand she's in a new country and will watch her push to overcome the trials and tribulations that come from each of these new elements.

Rising Action
In the rising action, we watch a series of events unfold. There's not much in a story if everything works out perfectly and there are zero bumps in the road. We need a little conflict.
Conflict can come in many forms. Continuing with Sydney, perhaps she's battling some sort of internal conflict. We might see her doubt her decision to move so far away from home. Or, with regard to her book, perhaps she submits it to her agent and it's torn to shreds.
Maybe she meets some devilish Irish lad who distracts her from her primary purpose and she must realign her priorities. The possibilities for action - and conflict - are endless.

The storyline is my area of interest in movies but not actions. I love to learn from watching movies and it is the story line that can make me learn. Most especially the storyline of an epic movie.

Many people prefer action but as for me I prefer the storyline and I think the storyline is more important, because this is what will give you knowledge and understanding.

Most apps require you to spend money, but did you know there are apps that could help earn money instead? That’s right, doing some simple tasks like completing surveys and offers or even just using an app, you can make a few bucks.

Both are more important as you can't do one without the other. A story line without an action will be mere impossible. And an action without a storyline for it will.bw meaningless

Action or rather characters are more important than the storyline because the character determine how well the storyline will be communicated to the audience.

Well I prefer storyline to action if I am playing the game alone, but if I am playing the game with people I will go with action, for instance pre evolution soccer is best enjoyed as a challenge.

It's definitely the story. It's keeps you glued, interesting and wanting more but then, the action must be good enough to complement the story
What's more important is the storyline not the action. This is because if the storyline is not encouraging to the character it will surely affect the action performed. When there is a motivating storyline, this will move the character to put in some necessary actions.

I think both actually goes together. A good storyline makes the action worth it. A game with just stories, could get boring along the line. And also a game with just action and no story to make you understand can get tiering as well. Like i once played legend of Zelda ocarina of time and i loved it, its one of the games with a great story line and good action. What got me was their play on time it was epic

According to me story line is more important and plays a crucial role in the line of action.
Any action cannot be perfect without a proper storyline.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back