What's new

What's been your worst travel experience?

marteebee

Reputable
100 Posts Club
Mar 23, 2019
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I know that a lot of us may be missing being able to travel, so let's have a little chat about our more negative travel experiences! For me, I'm lucky that nothing seriously bad has happened to me as of yet. The worst for me was when I flew to a small town called Aalborg in Denmark for a day trip (only an hour and a bit from London) and I stayed the night, thinking all will be fine for my flight back. Turns out there was some kind of air show happening at the very airport I was going to but alongside that, some kind of transport strike so only very limited services were running. Of course, I missed the last bus that was going to the airport. After a lot of stressing - I don't want to be trapped in Denmark! - we found a lovely bunch of Danish people who gave us a lift and refused any payment.

That was my most negative experience, quite a tame one at that! What's yours?

Though its now funny to me now but that day was really terrible. That was like 10 years ago. I was king for an entry exam and i took yogurt at the part andd that was how my problem started

When I was much younger I went to Greece for a holiday with a friend. It was the first time I had ever flown but the flight back was overbooked so although my friend got on the plane they told me I would have to wait for the next one. I was quite scared and had an argument with the guy on the booking desk who told me because I was rude I would not be able to travel home at all! There were people lying around the airport who had been unable to return home for one reason or other so I started crying which softened them a little and they let me get on the next flight. If all else fails shed a few tears!

Hmmm, It really gets sensitive with me anytime I relate this experience. So I had to travel for 10hrs by road to a place I haven't been before, twas 12pm at night when the driver stopped and told me to come down not knowing the driver purposely passed my stop intentionally on the ground that my stop was not safe for him to stop which is actually a flimsy excuse because there are security personnel at my supposed stop. Someone I didn't know before in my life whom I refer to as Godsent, took me home, I stay in her place till the next day before I went back to my supposed destination. I was so scared that night

I know that a lot of us may be missing being able to travel, so let's have a little chat about our more negative travel experiences! For me, I'm lucky that nothing seriously bad has happened to me as of yet. The worst for me was when I flew to a small town called Aalborg in Denmark for a day trip (only an hour and a bit from London) and I stayed the night, thinking all will be fine for my flight back. Turns out there was some kind of air show happening at the very airport I was going to but alongside that, some kind of transport strike so only very limited services were running. Of course, I missed the last bus that was going to the airport. After a lot of stressing - I don't want to be trapped in Denmark! - we found a lovely bunch of Danish people who gave us a lift and refused any payment.

Traveling has been my best way of enjoying myself, most especially at night hours. A couple of stories have been told to me by people who have experienced traumatic events while traveling but I haven't experienced any and I don't pray for it.
Post automatically merged:

Traveling has been my best way of enjoying myself, most especially at night hours. A couple of stories have been told to me by people who have experienced traumatic events while traveling but I haven't experienced any and I don't pray for it.

My worst travel experience was actually a daily commute into Chicago when I was in my 20s. There was an instance where someone who was suicidal jumped in front of the train (he died) and some of us saw him. We were stuck on the tracks for hours and they wouldn't let us out of the train even though we were about a mile from the next station and could have walked.

The worst travel experience that I have had so far was the day that I traveled to my auntie's village in my country. I got lost on my way there and I had to Trek for a very long distance before I got a bus that was going to the village.

The worst experience i have had while traveling was two years ago when i was coming back after a business trip and i forgot my valuable in the bus

Well for me am not a travelling type.. I love short y distance compared to long distance with bad roads, that makes it worst

My worst traveling experience was when I was traveling from Abuja to Benin and our vehicle got spoilt on the way the driver said the vehicle was overheating and we had to wait for about 1 hour to allow it cool down before we continue the journey.

Growing up, I dreaded the thought of traveling because I constant throw up on the road. To me, that would be my worst traveling experience.

Growing up, I dreaded the thought of traveling because I constant throw up on the road. To me, that would be my worst traveling experience.
Oh yes I can sympathise! I come from a long line of travel pukers. I had it, my sister, my son and now my granddaughter. I grew out of it when I was about 13 but my granddaughter is 14 and still suffers from it. She has to take pills before a long trip and when she was young she couldn't go even a few miles before throwing up.:sick:

I have similar experience. Due to the gases emitted by the vehicle and the passing by vehicle, I usually throw up. But after a while, i stopped.

I recently had a paid expense travel and unfortunately the ride got spoilt on the day we were supposed to leave and I should have taken the sign but went ahead I needed up spending more than expected and even more days in traffic.

Mine was when I was going for my NYSC, the bus I took broke down along the journey and it was already late at night, they now asked us to sleep at the park! Which was so terrible as there was no security. Luckily my sis had a friend resident in that town and they came to pick me up at 11.30pm. I was so grateful.

The worst travel experience I have was when my bus broke down and the bused ahead of us were being robbed. I have thought that would be the end of the world but we thank God. We were only robbed but not injured.

I have never had a dulling or a bad travelling experience in my life, never a dulling moment, my travelling experience has been fun from the start till the end.

Have not had a bad travel experience yet had times that I can say it's been bad. Away for 10 days and the motel and or hotel that you booked for is crap and very bad to the point that you had to sleep in your clothes and the next day get another place to sleep.

Not perfect with little bad things, tey turns out to be good afterwards.

It happended when i was travelling to meet up with an interview in a very far or distant state so i made quick plans as the interview was scheduled impromptu so the vehicle started giving us problems till we got to our destination and I missed the interview.

I have not really had many bad travel experiences, I think the only I can remember was when we were travelling intra state and our car broke down and it took so long for us to get it fixed

Newest Directory Listings

smmgoal
Forums
Clicks
Views
Esimbuy.org is an innovative online platform that specializes in e-SIM products and services. As e-SIM technology continues to gain popularity for its flexibility and convenience, Esimbuy.org provides users with easy access to this modern solution
Nebulous
Forums
Clicks
Views
Off Topix is the best general discussion community around!
Back