What's new

What would you do is someone hijacked your site and requested payment to get it back?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
Lets say your site was stolen by hackers or someone else. In order to get it back, you had to pay a large sum of money. Would you ever pay them? Or would you phone up the police to maybe sort it out? I think calling the police will be ideal, as well as reporting the site theft to your domain host.

But yeah, don't pay those scammers who steal and expect more in return. That's just messed up.

The best thing is to pay them the money since the person is careless about not adding security to the feature of the website. It's very important to add security Network to Website to prevent hacking like this

Paying such money enables such people to continue in their crime,if it is possible to get it back through reporting to the law enforcement that should be done. But I'll advice that people will put in place strong security measures to their online account.

I don't have any choice than to pay the money. The best way to avoid such from occuring again is to ensure that their is network security system embedded in the website that will prevent it from hacking

Lets say your site was stolen by hackers or someone else. In order to get it back, you had to pay a large sum of money. Would you ever pay them? Or would you phone up the police to maybe sort it out? I think calling the police will be ideal, as well as reporting the site theft to your domain host.

But yeah, don't pay those scammers who steal and expect more in return. That's just messed up.
If you inform the police, not in my country anyways, the idea won't be ideal in my country. But informing the police!? How will they know where the scammers lives.

I would look for ways to try get the site back, if in the end I am not Able to find any way round it, I don't think I would pay them. Because am not so sure after payment I would get the site back.

There was an actual case that a website was hacked and the owner couldn't recover. He complained to the cops and the investigators were able to track the user that eventually disabled the site and left. The site was returned and it was fortunate that he sought the help of the authorities.

Seriously!!! Someone hacked my website last year but didn't even demand for money, it greatly affected the website. But if someone should have my website and demand for money, I will compare the money he's demanding with the revenue the website is generating on a daily basis and also the worth of the website, if it's worth it then I will have to pay but if it doesn't I will shut down the website from the hosting, I still got control of that.

There are some countries where you can inform the police about the development and they will do something tangible but in my country they can do anything about it.

Well the truth of the matter is that it's an already lost cause once your business website has been hacked. Even if you pay them to give it back, they will still leave a worm to let them back in.

And what makes you think they would hold their end of the bargain after you must have sent them this Ransome payment for your site? They'll simply keep extorting you because that's what they simply are

Well it will depend on the website. If it's a normal website, I'll only report to my web hosting provider. How can I pay for something that doesn't generate money for me. If it's a big website, I'll look for ways to recover the website. I may use the back-up to create a similar one and notify my readers.

I do not see this happening to me because I have enabled 2 factor authentication for my hosting account and the account on domain registrar. However, unfortunately if this happen, I will try to recover my site by using back system instead of paying to the hacker.

I strongly do not believe that it is going to be easy to contact the authorities to recover the site for you so I will just rather pay the money but put measures in place that will ensure it does not happen again.

Sometimes calling the police maybe a waste of time and money. I will advise you to look for another alternative than calling the police. They may not come to your help. They might also request for extra money from you and still not get the job done

There are two things involved here either yind a way to get back your site or you pay the Ransom,no sane site owner would want to loose his or her site, you could use the payment details to track the hacker tho

There was an actual case that a website was hacked and the owner couldn't recover. He complained to the cops and the investigators were able to track the user that eventually disabled the site and left. The site was returned and it was fortunate that he sought the help of the authorities.
I believe this is a good option, reporting to intelligence officer is the best, paying to the hackers is not the best option at all from my own view

Since its a cyber crime, I would have first of all reported him if I realized that the report is not working to my favor I might eventually yield to his need if the website is really important and source of income...

Lol just let it go. It's just a plot to keep milking you of your hard earned money. Once u start paying theyll always demand for more. Just forget and maybe try to report the site

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back