What's new

What will you do if you lose an important contract because of careless worker?

This will hurt very much o but for a first time offender i may pardon depending on the severity of the offence and the orientation that must have been given as at the time of engagement. Some mistakes are not pardonable o.

This is a difficult one to make a decision. I feel my decision would depend on how severe the contract is. And also the level of carelessness that was shown my the employee. I definitely won't hesitate to sack the employee if it impacts badly on the company.

That depends on the impact the careless worker have been delivering to the company before now. If he is someone that do not contribute much to the company on a normal day , then he or she will be relieved of his job. It is very important to fish out those that contribute negatively to the business and try to make sure they are separated from other productive workers

Loyalty is “about showing up, being on time, being reliable, doing what you say you’re going to do, being trustworthy, putting in a fair day’s work, respecting the work, respecting the customer, respecting the organization, respecting co-workers, not wasting time, not making work hard for other people, not creating unnecessary work for other people, not being a bottleneck, not faking work.” Jason Fried, CEO of Basecamp

It is about telling us what we need to hear, not what we want to hear.

They disagree privately.

They support our decisions publicly.

We lose loyalty if we ask employees for something that they do NOT owe us:

their health, their integrity, their sanity, their peace of mind, and their family: like asking them skip recitals and teachers conferences.

We lose loyalty if we hold them back from advancement

We lose loyalty if we run for cover when they need us most

We lose loyalty if we promote wrong people

We lose loyalty if we do not let them pursue their passion

We lose loyalty if we do not find time to help them despite our own problems

Strong people stand up for themselves.

Strong leaders stand up for others.

Some organization will sack their workers or relief them from their duties if they happen to make the company loss a very important client. The best thing I will also do is to hear from the workers measure the offences and if it warrant sack I will sack the worker to send a message to others.

I'll calm down first ,drink red wine with pepper soup. Set up committee to seat on the case, invite the worker to speak is or her side, stating the reason for his or her incompetency , if the reasons stated are genuine, we may suspend the staff for 2weeks or just issue a query but if not genuine ,we would adjourn the case to think of what to do.

If I lose an important contract because of a careless worker, I will find out the reason why the worker became so careless and reckless because at first I won't have hired someone as careless to my team.

After the audit, if the worker was found wanting, then I will sack him/her.

I would provide details of their disciplinary rules, procedures and disciplinary sanctions in the statement of written particulars of employment or refer employees to a separate, easily accessible document within two months of the start of employment (where the employment contract is for one month or more)

Mostly the next action would be to sack the worker but it all depends on the previous record of the worker. If I notice the work is not a serious or hard working type then he must go. But if the worker is the hardworking type then might just pardon the worker then let he/she understand the mistake made
First of all, you have to consider hoe you lose the contact. because you just lost a contract by a mistake of a worker. If you loose any contract because any worker then probably you the owner is unserious. Because the document drafted by the worker was not Cros checked.

What will you do if you lose an important contract because of a careless worker under you
I will take serious action against the careless and lazy workers because they can easily destroy a whole business and I'll not allow anyone to do that, so I'll clearly decline such type of people in my company after giving them last warning.

Any careless as you described it is not suppose to work in a company.
Every company want to make profit by any means every worker is suppose to add value to the company and not contribute in making the company to lose big contract.

If that's his first time of misbehaving, I will call him to order and cautioned him very well against next time but if such thing still persists, I will have to relief him of the work for sometimes and think about him in the nearest future either to call him back or not.

Losing a massive contract because of a careless worker is usually a very bitter pill to swallow. You must let the contractor know that that is not always how it is with you. Assure the contractor that the erring worker will be sanctioned and make sure you see to it. You can offer a little discounted fee to get the contractor back if you can.

I've never been in a situation like this before, I always handle contracts myself, though I delegate some workers for the task but I supervise them thoroughly.
But if I lose a contract because of a careless worker, I will first check his/her past records, if I find any record of such recklessness, or if there is no sign of remorse it is termination of appointment. If there is no previous strike, then I can let it go with a warning and punishment, probably a suspension.

It's funny that alot of people are busy talking about cautioning the worker and I pray it's actually how you will behave in real time if it happened. I will caution the worker and if possible create a new policy to compensate anyone whose efforts played a major role in giving us a contract and also to fine anyone responsible for loss of a contract out of negligence. I believe that way everyone will be on their toes to make sure things work out as supposed.

The first action in many cases is to automatically sack the employee involved. But sometimes you need to consider the employee by researching on what actually happened and led to that careless behavior before you know the steps to take

Well the the proper thing to do in this case is to fire the worker if he/she has been showing this bad attraction from time, but sometimes we must just have to give another chance for him to prove he/she is trust worthy now

No one prays to lose a contract that is worth a huge sum of money. In the even that it ever happens then you should cut ties with such an employee. Except it is a honest mistake and then the employee is known to work well.

Carelessness can be as a result of different things, I will listen to what he has to say as to why he was careless but the reason is not good enough am afraid that might be the end of his time in my business.

I will not pardon the person because everyone must receive punishment for what he or she has done wrong, what if the contract you are missing is worth up to millions of Dollars so you just sweep it under the carpet and just forget about it just because of carelessness of a person
Post automatically merged:

I will not pardon the person because everyone must receive punishment for what he or she has done wrong, what if the contract you are missing is worth up to millions of Dollars so you just sweep it under the carpet and just forget about it just because of carelessness of a person

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back