What's new

What was your worst experience working for a freelance site?

I have never been hired on freelancing sites and as such, I have not encountered any bad experience. But I have heard people complain that they were not been paid after submitting their task to the client.

I delivered a job to a client, o followed the instructions and even went extra mike to make sure that I please him only for him to reject it and give me low rating. This is what I've been doing for quite some time and people love what I deliver to them. Well the platform acted based on his review and my funds were seized. I was also sanctioned.

I don't think it is a good feeling to work and not be paid, it can be so depressing, I haven't worked for a freelance site before so haven't had any devastating experience yet.

I was spared what would have been worse experiences at a freelance writing site because the company usually took assignments from reliable clients. I had my share of issues with my work versus the client's instructions though. One time, I had to revise a long e-book due to a misunderstanding of the client's instructions. The editor who was in charge of the work apparently omitted some lines in the instructions. The client happens to be an individual who wants something written about a marketing method. I had no choice but to revise my work within 24 hours from the time I was notified.​

One of the worst experience is to have a toxic customer patronizing your service. Search a customer will always request a review for the service you deliver. He or she will end up dropping a bad review for your gig and this may affect your ratings on the platform.

Last edited:
I have never gotten any projects from freelancing sites, so that is my worst experience with them. They always choose people with high reputation in them and so I never get any jobs because I seem like a newbie even after being there for a while.
I have been submitting proposals on upwork for days now, yet no call ups. It's a bad experience for me. I feel like the competition on the site is quite on the high and there's little I stand to gain.

So this happened many years ago, but it was at a freelance site called Fiverr. I used to do some content work there and liked it for a while, but decided to leave to pursue better things and options. Anyway, I remember having a horrible experience with a buyer, who wanted me to write an ad for his company. I wrote 8 drafts, but the guy wasn't having any of it. I told him that I'd try one more time, and if nothing would work, we'd mutual cancel. So I tried another draft, and he still hated it. So I requested we do a mutual cancellation, and he wasn't having it.

He kept telling me to do my job. And I told him, that we can't come to an agreement, so please, cancel. Anyway, he didn't, so I had to reach out to Fiverr. Doing so, got him really mad and he reached out to me, throwing curse words at me and just being awful. I forgot to block him after I cancelled, so he came at me. I blocked him soon after, but he said some horrible things. Anyway, ya learn from the mistake, and ya move on.

I was able to join fiverr few months ago, and up till now, i have not been able to really understand the platform.
I have not been able to get prospects, and i have made no earnings from the site.
i am considering leaving the site.

I have heard of so many people having issues when it's comes to freelancing sites. I have not gotten a job yet on any yet it's quite difficult getting one actually and then before you get to deal or meet with some very annoying clients

I was on a job in fiver , which was meant to pay me at the end of the month for my articles, but as time goes on and with much inconveniences coming from my other activities I had to cancel , which made me to be short paid.

Personally have never work for a freelance platform before , so I don't really know some of the experience most people are facing there , I'll come to this thread to discuss on when I becomes a freelancer.

I have not even gotten a job on the freelancing sites and that makes me not to have an experience there. I have gone through a lot trying to promote my gigs on freelancing sites all was in vain.

There was a particular client that I had worked for who was not just willing to pay me my money after I had delivered a work. This is one of the reasons why I do not do clients to client interactions but through third-party website.

I've never been in a freelance job before, but Picoworker uses my data to watch a video that says I'm not happy, share it, and do everything After asking, I fell into a similar situation. Not paid.

I am not on freelancing sites right now simply because I think that I am really not ready for the online jobs on freelancing sites..I still needed some basic skills to be able to work there.

I have not goten a job there so i can't really say that i could imagine that the freelancing sites are good or bad. The little experience that I had tells me that it's a good experience.

I have not really gotten and experience on freelancing sites because I have not been hired for once. The site is saturated right now and to get job there is a bit difficult.
I don't really have an experience on freelancing sites because I've not been hired once. Most of the freelancing sites needs reviews for you to get jobs and if you are not having reviews there is every possibility that you would not get a job there.

Last edited:
So this happened many years ago, but it was at a freelance site called Fiverr. I used to do some content work there and liked it for a while, but decided to leave to pursue better things and options. Anyway, I remember having a horrible experience with a buyer, who wanted me to write an ad for his company. I wrote 8 drafts, but the guy wasn't having any of it. I told him that I'd try one more time, and if nothing would work, we'd mutual cancel. So I tried another draft, and he still hated it. So I requested we do a mutual cancellation, and he wasn't having it.

He kept telling me to do my job. And I told him, that we can't come to an agreement, so please, cancel. Anyway, he didn't, so I had to reach out to Fiverr. Doing so, got him really mad and he reached out to me, throwing curse words at me and just being awful. I forgot to block him after I cancelled, so he came at me. I blocked him soon after, but he said some horrible things. Anyway, ya learn from the mistake, and ya move on.

My worst experience on freelancing site was when I landed a very juicy gig. I tried my best to execute it but it wasn't successful. The problem wasn't from me, it was from the employers. They refused to compensate me for my time

I have had a very bad experience in one of the freelance site which makes me quite. I have some good amount of money which I wanted to withdraw and I requested for payment, I was not paid and my account was banned without any notification.

I have not goten a job there so i can't really say that i could imagine that the freelancing sites are good or bad. The little experience that I had tells me that it's a good experience.
Then you have to increase your advertisement , that will help you have high possibility of landing your first job. This is what so many people used to start making money with their various skill.

Then you have to increase your advertisement , that will help you have high possibility of landing your first job. This is what so many people used to start making money with their various skill.
Majorly I do not see myself as one of those that could work on freelancing sites. I believe that the people that are making huge amount of money on freelancing sites are the ones with high level of internet skills.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back