What's new

What was your worst experience working for a freelance site?

Well, I would definitely call it experience. I have always wished for working for iwriter and I was not able to work there due to some technical problems. However, once I solved those problems, I thought I should now apply at iwriters. However, they have closed their doors for new writers! :(

I was rejected by upwork, the rejection was so frustrating that I did not try another freelancer sites for a long time. However, recently I have registered on a lot of freelancer sites, and hopefully I will start working on this sites.

So this happened many years ago, but it was at a freelance site called Fiverr. I used to do some content work there and liked it for a while, but decided to leave to pursue better things and options. Anyway, I remember having a horrible experience with a buyer, who wanted me to write an ad for his company. I wrote 8 drafts, but the guy wasn't having any of it. I told him that I'd try one more time, and if nothing would work, we'd mutual cancel. So I tried another draft, and he still hated it. So I requested we do a mutual cancellation, and he wasn't having it.

He kept telling me to do my job. And I told him, that we can't come to an agreement, so please, cancel. Anyway, he didn't, so I had to reach out to Fiverr. Doing so, got him really mad and he reached out to me, throwing curse words at me and just being awful. I forgot to block him after I cancelled, so he came at me. I blocked him soon after, but he said some horrible things. Anyway, ya learn from the mistake, and ya move on.

With my own little knowledge and from the book I read "Rich and Poor daddy". You should have continued. He might not mean good for hours but he is trying to let you conquer your failure.
Henry Ford said to his employees to Boyd a six engine motor and they failed for years. And he kept on telling them to try but they eventually got it right. Never give up

My worst experience or should I say rather that one of my worst experience as a freelancer was working in Fiverr. I offered to Do a gig for someone that only kept saying my work was not up to standerd

There is nothing as worst as you working and expecting something at the long run it was a rejection that was my worst experience in a freelancer site rejection of my write up after spending much time

I worked at a frelancing site doing transcription jobs for them. And it took more than one week for me to get paid because of an argument of my being shortchanged in my credit score

When their website developed high traffic, their terms and conditions changed drastically. The monetization tab was removed. It was so unrealistic and unfair. I lost interest and left because it exploited content writers of their sweat.

One worst experience I would never forget to talk about always is that inhad with this client if Fiverr some years ago. This client turmented me with his rejections to a point I almost gave up on my pay

Personally I don't have any experience as a freelancer and what I know is the most challenges of people is that newbie who are going into freelancing might find it very difficult to make sells because it is difficult for newbies to fit into the freelance system.

I think there was a time i did a paid writing job for some people online and after the end of the day , i was not paid , this made me frustrated and i wanted to quit then ,but now am improving in it

It looks like you were scammed. Can you tell me if you were working on a legit platform or were you working for a client whom you approached personally? This is why we should use the escrow service.

My worst freelance experience would probably be on the same platform as yours on Fiverr, a client refusing to pay after the services had been rendered. Very annoying.

Right now I am only working with the best sites and avoiding sites that have a poor rating and low pay. People should realize their value and never settle for low-paying sites that have no future at all. Your time is precious, never waste it after such kind of sites that do not pay well at all.

Wow! So many people having some crazy experience here on some freelance websites. Bit nevertheless, one will experience such thing because it's part of the deal

Well I can say I have not negative experience about it even though I might not have to say I am good at it but I could not perform very well in the site because I was more concerned about some different site which I perceive they earned more.

I tried copywriting netwrok and I just found that it was a big waste of time. It was my worst experience working for an online site. I wrote a 400 word article for them and they stated that my article was not readable. they want $10 worth of article for just 20 cents!

It is never a good experience getting you to do all the minor task with little pay.
Sometimes you see you work get rejected

There was this paid to survey site I was introduced to sometime ago. I decided to give it a try even though the threshold for payment seemed unachievable.
On getting very close to the threshold, I was abruptly cut off, it was a frustrating experience.
So this happened many years ago, but it was at a freelance site called Fiverr. I used to do some content work there and liked it for a while, but decided to leave to pursue better things and options. Anyway, I remember having a horrible experience with a buyer, who wanted me to write an ad for his company. I wrote 8 drafts, but the guy wasn't having any of it. I told him that I'd try one more time, and if nothing would work, we'd mutual cancel. So I tried another draft, and he still hated it. So I requested we do a mutual cancellation, and he wasn't having it.

He kept telling me to do my job. And I told him, that we can't come to an agreement, so please, cancel. Anyway, he didn't, so I had to reach out to Fiverr. Doing so, got him really mad and he reached out to me, throwing curse words at me and just being awful. I forgot to block him after I cancelled, so he came at me. I blocked him soon after, but he said some horrible things. Anyway, ya learn from the mistake, and ya move on.

I have freelanced for so many transcription platforms many years ago. And I had this experience with one that I was really managing the om keep up with. This platform has been a very good source of income for me. I went on a very long break for studies and came back, only to be told that my account has been diactivated because of inactivity

Well, I actually used to write for a content mill a few years ago. It required me to submit hand-written content for sale. However, not even a single article of mine for purchased by the customers. I ended up selling my articles to the owner of that content mill for a very low price. I did earn money but the amount of money which I earned was not much.
At least you were able to earn some money even though the amount of money you earn isn't that much. I am a fan of people being able to write and earn money for their effort and that is why I easily get angry when a website does not pay its members as this members have actually put the effort into that website and at the end of the day they are not getting paid for it.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back