What's new

What was your worst experience working for a freelance site?

Since you said that you are very good in this skills of yours then I will suggest that you look for another platform as there are a lot of freelance platforms online that will be paying you for the job that you will do for them.
I have tried a few, but they all seems to be asking for more than my capacity. You will right 2000 words for $3, that's just too small for me. It's just like doing 100 post here everyday and also they do give limited time to submit.

I think freelance sites alone can all be bad experiences (I’ve never cared for them) but to each his own.
Just the idea of posting your skills and what you charge, and then hoping somebody notices your post, or browsing through endless jobs and then waiting to hear back from the OP, it seems time-consuming.
There’s something a bit unreliable about it, that’s what I don’t like.
I like steady, straight to the point work.
Post automatically merged:

That's a devastating, nothing heartbreaking is more touching than that. Losing a whopping some of money that could've gone a long way in your career.

Since then have you found other means to win gigs that is rewarding you at least??
^ That does sound terrible. But I don’t think they did the job and then never got paid the $800.
The job was for $800, but there was an error in the testing.. before the job was even taken. So the possibility of earning $800 was what was lost, not the actual $$.
(Still awful, though.) So close! 🤦🏻‍♀️
I wish they didn’t test so much before transcription jobs. They should give you one big file, let you do it, pay you for it, and if they don’t like your work, just never ask you back again.
😂

Last edited:
I have tried a few, but they all seems to be asking for more than my capacity. You will right 2000 words for $3, that's just too small for me. It's just like doing 100 post here everyday and also they do give limited time to submit.
Wow this is a very pathetic story what I can advise you to do it for you to learn another digital scale that you feel is much in demand right now so that you can be getting watch online gigs to be doing and be getting paid for them.

Mine was upwork. I actually made easy $5 on the first job quite alright but I couldn't get more jobs, I tried selling the account later with about $4 but it was already blocked

Mine was upwork. I actually made easy $5 on the first job quite alright but I couldn't get more jobs, I tried selling the account later with about $4 but it was already blocked
This is quite a pathetic case and I would advise you to start up another up work account whereby you can start working again and this time around you should ensure that you polish your profile deer with the best work experience that you've had yet and with Bruce to show for it and if you are able to do all this I don't think that you will ever struggle again to get client on the platform.

I have not been able to earn money online from a freelancing sites but i have also been to pick workers , but I got frustrated and tired because I wasn't paid after doing the task.
I have not involves in freelancing work before but I have involved in a similar situation when trying picoworkers, after using my data to watch some videos he asked me to watch, shared it and did all what he asked me to do, he said he's not satisfied and I wasn't paid.

Some friends tell me about how hard it is to get gigs to work on, and even after getting one. The clients do not usually appreciate service rendered at all.

Since you said that you are very good in this skills of yours then I will suggest that you look for another platform as there are a lot of freelance platforms online that will be paying you for the job that you will do for them.

I have worked for a freelanicng company and it was also one of my worst experience. They required me to work for them for long hours every day and they did not even pay me $100 a month. This was one of my bad experience as well. They want to hire people for low rates always.

Even though I am not working in any freelance sites at the moment, but I do know that it is one of the lucrative platforms out there. But it is rather unfortunate that you went through such experience. I am still working on my writing skills so that I can join one of the freelance platforms soon.

I have worked for a freelanicng company and it was also one of my worst experience. They required me to work for them for long hours every day and they did not even pay me $100 a month. This was one of my bad experience as well. They want to hire people for low rates always.
I am very sorry about that pathetic experience of yours and I used to think that all freelancing platforms are always very high but I never knew that there are some that are dubious and would want to make use of someone strength while refusing to pay person. I would advise you to always make use of the only two most known freelance platform which are fivverr and up work all the time.

So this happened many years ago, but it was at a freelance site called Fiverr. I used to do some content work there and liked it for a while, but decided to leave to pursue better things and options. Anyway, I remember having a horrible experience with a buyer, who wanted me to write an ad for his company. I wrote 8 drafts, but the guy wasn't having any of it. I told him that I'd try one more time, and if nothing would work, we'd mutual cancel. So I tried another draft, and he still hated it. So I requested we do a mutual cancellation, and he wasn't having it.

He kept telling me to do my job. And I told him, that we can't come to an agreement, so please, cancel. Anyway, he didn't, so I had to reach out to Fiverr. Doing so, got him really mad and he reached out to me, throwing curse words at me and just being awful. I forgot to block him after I cancelled, so he came at me. I blocked him soon after, but he said some horrible things. Anyway, ya learn from the mistake, and ya move on.

What was your worst experience working for a freelance site?
Indeed that's a very horrible experience you have in Fiverr. I hope it will not happen to me.

I also have a Fiverr account. I am thinking twice now in working or being active bin Fiverr because of the bad experience you have shared to us.

I am very sorry about that pathetic experience of yours and I used to think that all freelancing platforms are always very high but I never knew that there are some that are dubious and would want to make use of someone strength while refusing to pay person. I would advise you to always make use of the only two most known freelance platform which are fivverr and up work all the time.

The problem here is that I live in a Tier 3 country and here people NEVER pay good money to freelancers. They hire freelancers for $60 PER MONTH and make them do all the freelancing work. The company who hires such freelancers pay $60 a month and then sell the freelancers' work for a higher price like $20 per article. The companies in here are only taking REALLY bad advantage of people.

Sometimes you can stay a whole day without getting any good gigs to work on. This is really frustrating and serves as worst moment for so many new freelancers.

I worst experience working for a freelance site is plenteous if that is even an English word, but the most recent one was one called yesto, each time I think of it I just regret how much time and energy I'm wasted into it.

The stuff I hate about freelancing sites are their ratings. It will need some level of work and persistence to be on the first page, and when you do, It doesn't last.

I wish I could share my experiences on Fiverr and Upwork but had none. After efforts to get a client became so difficult despite changing the gigs often, I gave up. Now looking for better ones. I work offline also and rejection is what I have the most.

I was doing really well on upwork but one day I was sent an email by the site saying my acceptance rate was too low, they said I was bidding on too many jobs without success. I was so pissed off that I did not go back to the site again.

Taking my time to draft an article at Fiverr and seeing it rejected by a client saddened me earlier time. I believe such client later used it to publish on his site and scamming me.

I have not worked on any freelance website before but I head someone that was not paid the agreed price before he collected the job.

Being rejected was my worst experience. I tried to work online by applying on upwork. They rejected me a couple of times, I was so frustrated that I did not try other freelancing platforms after that, instead I decided to work on pad to post sites.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back