What's new

What was your worst experience working for a freelance site?

Grant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Oct 27, 2020
USD
$134.3000USD
Biznotes
So this happened many years ago, but it was at a freelance site called Fiverr. I used to do some content work there and liked it for a while, but decided to leave to pursue better things and options. Anyway, I remember having a horrible experience with a buyer, who wanted me to write an ad for his company. I wrote 8 drafts, but the guy wasn't having any of it. I told him that I'd try one more time, and if nothing would work, we'd mutual cancel. So I tried another draft, and he still hated it. So I requested we do a mutual cancellation, and he wasn't having it.

He kept telling me to do my job. And I told him, that we can't come to an agreement, so please, cancel. Anyway, he didn't, so I had to reach out to Fiverr. Doing so, got him really mad and he reached out to me, throwing curse words at me and just being awful. I forgot to block him after I cancelled, so he came at me. I blocked him soon after, but he said some horrible things. Anyway, ya learn from the mistake, and ya move on.

So this happened many years ago, but it was at a freelance site called Fiverr. I used to do some content work there and liked it for a while, but decided to leave to pursue better things and options. Anyway, I remember having a horrible experience with a buyer, who wanted me to write an ad for his company. I wrote 8 drafts, but the guy wasn't having any of it. I told him that I'd try one more time, and if nothing would work, we'd mutual cancel. So I tried another draft, and he still hated it. So I requested we do a mutual cancellation, and he wasn't having it.

He kept telling me to do my job. And I told him, that we can't come to an agreement, so please, cancel. Anyway, he didn't, so I had to reach out to Fiverr. Doing so, got him really mad and he reached out to me, throwing curse words at me and just being awful. I forgot to block him after I cancelled, so he came at me. I blocked him soon after, but he said some horrible things. Anyway, ya learn from the mistake, and ya move on.

Oh my, that was really an experience like you were being hostaged to do the micro task. That is one reason why I do not join sites that offer micro tasks job. I had been submitting articles to magazines and newspaper before the internet came so I know the rejection is painful. Even in the internet you can be abused like what happened to you at Fiverr.

The worst experience that i have ever had with a freelance site is when i completed work and the customer was not happy with it asking me to redo it. This happened continuously for around 3 times, not providing any feedback on what exactly was wrong. At the end of it i feel like i had done the work for free for the client and since then i am hardly active on freelance sites.

I have not involves in freelancing work before but I have involved in a similar situation when trying picoworkers, after using my data to watch some videos he asked me to watch, shared it and did all what he asked me to do, he said he's not satisfied and I wasn't paid.

Working in freelancing sites can sometimes be frustrating and of course sometimes be enjoyable. I have seen someone who made so much amount of money on freelance site and the next thing his account was banned for the tangible reason.

Your experience is kinda frustrating cos the client you worked for to help deliver his company's project is arrogant based on what you outlined. My worst nightmare online was when i lost my hard earned money to a ponzi scheme called MMM in 2016.

Well, I actually used to write for a content mill a few years ago. It required me to submit hand-written content for sale. However, not even a single article of mine for purchased by the customers. I ended up selling my articles to the owner of that content mill for a very low price. I did earn money but the amount of money which I earned was not much.

Though I have never be involve in any freelance work but I have had similar experiences while doing some work on a platform, after working hard to complet the task and get referrals, I was then told to send certain amount of coin so that I can be rewarded in full.

I haven't worked on freelance sites much, but I did try and get onto Upwork many years ago which was a bit pointless and didn't really go anywhere. I found that to get work you had to have already done work. A bit of a unbreakable loop, right? Plus other people would bid on projects and purposefully undercut you so you would always be rejected due to high pricing. It's a very tough business to get into, but I think if you can get into it and break the cycle it could bring in a lot of money for you.

Well, concerning your question on what my worst experience is working as a frelancer, first of all I have to mention that I am not a freelancer and don't provide such services as frelancer does online, I trade the financial markets

I've working as a freelancer for quite some times and I was able to o make some living from it but things started to turn around when I change my niche. I started a gig on virtual assistance on fiverr and for about two months I didn't receive any order.

My work experience working on a freelance website was when I work on a website known as TCP game.com. I spent a lot of time and effort working on this website and earning some money without being paid for a long time and we later discovered that the website is a scam.

I haven't worked on freelance sites much, but I did try and get onto Upwork many years ago which was a bit pointless and didn't really go anywhere. I found that to get work you had to have already done work. A bit of a unbreakable loop, right? Plus other people would bid on projects and purposefully undercut you so you would always be rejected due to high pricing. It's a very tough business to get into, but I think if you can get into it and break the cycle it could bring in a lot of money for you.
My worst experience working as a freelancer was when I opened a gig and did not see anybody to patronize it for almost three months. I tried everything possible but to no avail, then I changed the gig but still no improvement.

I have not gone fully into freelancing. it is a good way to make money and I have someone who actually works on fiverr. A bad experience he had was that his account was disabled for no tangible reason.

I have heard a lot of unpleasant experiences on freelancing website I guess that is why I never took it serious and fortunately, I never had any bad time with any customer.

Your experience is kinda frustrating cos the client you worked for to help deliver his company's project is arrogant based on what you outlined. My worst nightmare online was when i lost my hard earned money to a ponzi scheme called MMM in 2016.
My worst experience working as freelance was when I lose a job offer worth about $800 due to a simple mistake. Then it was on fiverr, I was doing proofreading and editing and a client approached me for a job offer but first gave me a test sample to see how good my work was. After submitting the test sample the client complained he saw an error in work and decided not to give me the job again.

My worst experience working as freelance was when I lose a job offer worth about $800 due to a simple mistake. Then it was on fiverr, I was doing proofreading and editing and a client approached me for a job offer but first gave me a test sample to see how good my work was. After submitting the test sample the client complained he saw an error in work and decided not to give me the job again.
That's a devastating, nothing heartbreaking is more touching than that. Losing a whopping some of money that could've gone a long way in your career.

Since then have you found other means to win gigs that is rewarding you at least??

There is someone i know that worked for a freelance website, he actually had a bad experience after many years of no issue. his account got blocked for no tangible reason with big amount of money on it.

I have never gotten any projects from freelancing sites, so that is my worst experience with them. They always choose people with high reputation in them and so I never get any jobs because I seem like a newbie even after being there for a while.

I think there was a time i did a paid writing job for some people online and after the end of the day , i was not paid , this made me frustrated and i wanted to quit then ,but now am improving in it

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back