What's new

what was your experience the first week you got a job?

Lyrrex

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Nov 22, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Well for me my first week was actually fun. I spent the weekend with friends at the beach with a cocktail in hand, lol!

I never bothered on how to handle my role, cos I was surrounded by friends who're experts in my field, with many years of working experiences.

Have not worked in any organization before
after education i started my own business with the little capital i have
but will be glad to hear peoples experience

The very first job I landed was in a hair salon as a hair washer and receptionist while I was at university. My first day was very nerve-wracking but the owner had a soft spot for me and very quickly made me feel at home.

My first day at my first job ever was quite unforgettable. I was lost and did not know what to do, where to sit or where to put my laptop because the person to show me around went on an impromptu errand.

my first job was in a factory, delphi, where you were trained to just do your part every day. you didn't really have contact with people, you stayed for 8 hours and did the same thing you were taught. In a way it suited me, I like to work quietly without being disturbed.

My first week was very hectic and things was very hard because the job was tedious and there wasn't anyone to put me through

I can't say for the first week but the first 3 days at work, I can say it was a load of work for me cos of my position. I could remember spending hours to get things right, but after those three days, I felt peace

Over excitement was written over me, I was much happier that made me lost my appetite for eating. Because I was so amazed like never before, finally feeling that the feelings of unemployment is over.

Not a job per say, but an industrial training, they were welcoming, they showed me around the company and they introduced the staffs and non Staffs to me. They slowly introduce me to doing the work under their supervision

My first week at work was a very busy one for me, because I had to work tirelessly to secure the trust of my boss and Co workers

My first week at work was very much appealing , I received a warm and lovely welcome from my boss and even come workers, I was even thinking if they have been expecting me before

Well, everything looked new and I was trying to get along with people's names. Also, I had to always try to meet the staff bus deadline which I wasn't comfortable with at first.

As a pharmacist with kids, I can successfully (note the sarcasm) say it was hell. Even without housework, having to work shifts, night duty, not an experience I want to repeat.

That's why I would rather be self-employed. At least my nights belong to me.

My experience in the first week of my new work place is something good. I already have loads of experience on the role I'm to handle so it's quite easy for me to handle the task

Well for me my first week was actually fun. I spent the weekend with friends at the beach with a cocktail in hand, lol!

I never bothered on how to handle my role, cos I was surrounded by friends who're experts in my field, with many years of working experiences.
Your question is very good and full of humor. On my first day on the job, I was looking at everyone as if I were on Mars. Then slowly I met everyone and after getting to know each other I became a little normal. Shortly after, I was caught writing my day's work on a piece of paper. I did that job well and then I talked to my colleagues and told them about my life. Anyway, at least I didn't go down without explaining myself first.

My first day of work was a unique experience, between worrying about doing things well and being among experienced people. The treatment and attention they gave me was pleasant, they shared a meeting with colleagues from the bank and each one gave me some words of guidance that I still have in my day to day.

After graduating from college in accounting I was accepted as an internal auditor at a well-known private company. In the early months I felt happy and proud but in the following month I felt that many people in other sections did not like me, because I worked like correcting mistakes or cheating occurred, and I did not can last a long time to work as an internal auditor, then I applied for a public accountant, and I think it's more fun.

Honestly speaking, after a week, I quit my job. I was just 18yrs old then, working as a stock clerk for a famous department store here in our country. And boy, it was really tough! But I have come to realize that I'm more comfortable with office jobs. I have been a Customer Service Representative for 2 decades after.

I'm a Montessori Teacher so obviously it was very hectic in the start because you have to start decorating your class with the tagline "Up to the mark". on the same time you have to observe and understand the 4 year old child. And make plans to teach them on their level. But I was lucky to have a good batch so the difficult time passed quickly.

Since I was new in the organization, I had use the first week to learn effectively all the products and services, you have to be a fast learner who can work at a fast pace, I had to learn how to solve issues, attend to orders and enquiries. It was a customer support/sales role!

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back