What's new

What should you do when you are not paid for your work?

Kennysplash

Seasoned Veteran
1000 Posts Club
Dec 29, 2020
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
Some freelancing websites do try to play smart by not paying you for your work. Or those that pay try to slash your money so that you don't get the full amount. When you encounter such sites as newbies you might be confused and not know what to do.
Honestly there is little you can do, you don't know them and can't fight them, so you just have to quit the site and find a better one. But you can go online and leave a review of how you were treated so as to discourage others from falling victims.

I have never heard of such freelancing sites that don't pay you for your work.

There are some popular freelancing sites like Fiverr, Upwork, Guru, and some others.

Though they deduct their commission on every order, overall they are transparent in terms of getting payments.

Well sometimes such incidents happen and people get confused.

Sometimes it depends in the situation and the kind of job you do either I online or offline.

If it's offline, you have the guarantee to meet the person responsible but for online, it's very difficult so you just have to let go.

If you work on freelancer platforms and your buyer does not release payment, you can complain to the admin. However, if you are working independently and you are denied payment, you will have to forget about it.

I would just go on trust pilot and post about my negative experiences with the site. I would leave a negative reviews on forums so that others would not fall a victim.

Some freelancing websites do try to play smart by not paying you for your work. Or those that pay try to slash your money so that you don't get the full amount. When you encounter such sites as newbies you might be confused and not know what to do.
Honestly there is little you can do, you don't know them and can't fight them, so you just have to quit the site and find a better one. But you can go online and leave a review of how you were treated so as to discourage others from falling victims.
I will make sure that I give the website a bad review and I will prevent people from working or registering on the platform. I will even report to a lot of people.

Maybe it's a mistake since big platforms have lost of peaple using it there can always be mistake so you should contact the support if support doesn't answer you can leave negative reviews and try to stay away from that site

When one is not paid for a work, one should contact the website, it might be a mistake. If it was done on purpose, one should quit the site and look for a better one like you said.

Well, before you start making use of any freelancing website, make sure they are using escrow payment system. This is the only way you can make sure that you're getting paid after you have completed your work for a client who hired your services on the freelancing website.

This is always a tough one. When it comes to working on a site you are able to go through the site and contact the site owner regarding a payment not being made but if it comes to you working yourself as an independent, it can be very tricky to get the money you are owed.

I myself especially when I am working independently tend to ask for money upfront so that I have the money and know that sending the work will not go unpaid.

This is one of the problems of a freelancer, you always have the doubt that if you will get the money and if you will be paid, I think asking for the money in advance whenever is possible is an option although it will not always be the case, I think if you are not paid for the work you are doing you can contact the support but if they deny your payment, It is better to leave such a platform and not return.

You will be making a mistake when you don't receive your payment first before starting any work for anyone online. If you're going to start any of such work without receiving your payment directly, it should be in an escrow payment system. This will make it impossible for you not to be paid after working.

If someone doesn't pay you, you can always report that person or company to places like the BBB (Better Business Bureau) in the US. Which lets you report on companies and also force resolutions on disputes. There are other sites and places you can report bad companies to though, but the BBB is one I mostly know of.

But yeah, usually I'd start with reaching out to the person who owes me. I like to give them a day or two to pay, but sometimes I do have to wait a little longer, and I am okay with that as long as I do get paid within a certain period of time.

But if the person goes dark for days, weeks, then it may be time to report them to someone.

You can always try contacting Admin, though it will probably be useless because I've noticed sites that decide not to pay are also conveniently unavailable and never answer you back. That's just straight shady so then the only other thing you could do would be to wait about a week, and if you still get nothing and no reply, post reviews on how the site is not legit, to warn others.

If someone doesn't pay you, you can always report that person or company to places like the BBB (Better Business Bureau) in the US. Which lets you report on companies and also force resolutions on disputes. There are other sites and places you can report bad companies to though, but the BBB is one I mostly know of.

But yeah, usually I'd start with reaching out to the person who owes me. I like to give them a day or two to pay, but sometimes I do have to wait a little longer, and I am okay with that as long as I do get paid within a certain period of time.

But if the person goes dark for days, weeks, then it may be time to report them to someone.
A site called Bubblews owed me $1300, I reported to BBB, and then I was contacted by the site admin and asked to provide documents to verify my identity. I sent them a government ID, yet they did not pay me. BBB does not have the power to make employers pay you money.

A site called Bubblews owed me $1300, I reported to BBB, and then I was contacted by the site admin and asked to provide documents to verify my identity. I sent them a government ID, yet they did not pay me. BBB does not have the power to make employers pay you money.
This website called Bubblews which owed you $1300, do you know if it's owned by a US citizen or if the website was created in USA? BBB have power of control over companies and businesses in USA and Canada. Maybe this was the reason why they couldn't make the website owner pay you.

This website called Bubblews which owed you $1300, do you know if it's owned by a US citizen or if the website was created in USA? BBB have power of control over companies and businesses in USA and Canada. Maybe this was the reason why they couldn't make the website owner pay you.
The website was based in the US and it was created by a US citizen. However, I am not based in the US so I cannot fight a legal battle if I am scammed by a US company. I do not think BBB has any sort of legal power to make companies pay you, especially in the case of virtual companies.

The website was based in the US and it was created by a US citizen. However, I am not based in the US so I cannot fight a legal battle if I am scammed by a US company. I do not think BBB has any sort of legal power to make companies pay you, especially in the case of virtual companies.
It may be as result of you not being a US citizen that made BBB not take actions again the website. This is the only speculation I can come up with since they didn't deem it necessary to tell you the reason why they never took any action against Bubblews.

The only thing that you can do is drag the person online especially on the platform where he hired you to work. You can report the person to the Admins of the website and hope they can do something about it. But if they can't, there's nothing you can do get your payment. It's going to be your loss 100%.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back