What's new

What kind of forum and blog software do you like? Which is better?

jyy

Paragon Member
1000 Posts Club
Posts Club
Jul 11, 2016
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I use XenForo a lot, but honestly. they all seem the same to me, free and paid. Well, there are major differences, but you can make any of them work - depending on what work is put in. I mean, MyBB can work like XenForo, for instance, if you can do a lot of DIY (do-it-yourself) stuff.

O.K., honestly, I can't do a lot of DIY stuff - at least not the DIY stuff that would make free software a good choice - without hiring a developer.

Blog Software

WordPress seems to be king. I don't know of any real alternative. Anyway, it is a free software - with also tons of quality free mods and themes.

I agree, I've been a member of both MyBB and XenForo forums and there's not a big difference between the two. However, I believe there are more themes and add-ons available for XenForo so that's a reason to use XenForo.

Although WordPress is probably the most popular CMS software, there are also other options like Drupal and Joomla.

I'm currently using word press software to run my two blogs and the platform is user-friendly and free of cost. we could upgrade our blogs at minimal cost compared to other software in the industry. try your hand in word press.

I'm currently using word press software to run my two blogs and the platform is user-friendly and free of cost. we could upgrade our blogs at minimal cost compared to other software in the industry. try your hand in word press.

If you’re a great programmer SMF is your best friend!
The mobile friendly and modern look of xenforo is so unbeatable... as a member I prefer join forums with xf unless they’ve done a lot of work to their forum software.

If you’re a great programmer SMF is your best friend!
The mobile friendly and modern look of xenforo is so unbeatable... as a member I prefer join forums with xf unless they’ve done a lot of work to their forum software.
That's something I haven't thought of, good to know. I have most experience with XenForo so when I tried to find out if it was worth switching to MyBB I only found a lot of posts saying XenForo have a lot more add-ons. Responsibility is really important nowadays as more and more people use their mobile phones to browse, so I guess XenForo is a good choice then.

I run a site that is using the newest version of XenForo and for that site it looks really professional and has a lot of bells and whistles we need for the amount of members and activity we have. For another site that I actually own, I went with the free PhpBB and really enjoy it although it has some limitations but for my needs I find that it will work well enough. Plus, the style of the site just works with my forum's niche and is easier for older members to use whereas XenForo has scared the older members off.

Everybody says Xenofro and Wordpress rule the software department, so these two are the answer!

I have never created forums, therefore, I cannot say anything about forum software. However, I have built website and blog using wordpress and I can tell you this is an amazing content management system. You cna create almost anything from a simple blog to dynamic website, social network or even a forum.

The best obviously relies upon what your crowd needs constantly. You're best off sorting out what your crowd really will do on your gathering (their objectives), and afterward obviously finding the product that allows them to do that.

There's free softwares and paid softwares.

I have tested SMF and MyBB forum scripts, however, I have never owned forums for a long time. I have created different websites with wordpress such blog, business website, forums, social network as well as an online store. Wordpress is my favourite content management system.

You can use WordPress with Bbpress plug-in if you are a starter.
Use Joomla or Drupal if you are techy.
You can very tech savvy, you could use Notepad++ or basic "Notepad" itself.
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

I think when it comes to forums, xenforo is the best because of its flexibility and clean interface. It's however costly to maintain if you're on budget. A good cheap alternative is bbpress. It allows you to convert your WordPress blog into a full fledged forum. You can also add more functions with plugins. For blogs,it's just self hosted WordPress for me.

The most popular forum websites are technology-focused. Other popular forum sites include game sites and home/hobby sites that cover subjects such as photography and cooking. However if you asked me , I really liked the tech section on each forums.

MyBB is the obvious choice if you like what phpBB has to offer, but you want something that looks more stylish. In our experience, phpBB offers more advanced features, but MyBB is still robust enough to handle most popular forums.

I have never used a forum or a blog. However, based on my understand I think wordpress is the best blogging software. As far as forum software are considered, I think Xenforo is one of the best forum software out there.

These days I have come to love the get paid to post kind of forums because these are the kind of forum that I am now working on and when it comes to forum software the xenforo will definitely take the icing on the cake.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back