What's new

What is your favorite software to use for your website?

DudeThatsErin

It can be any website like a blog, forum, hosting site, etc.

For forums, I LOVE IP.Board but it is expensive

For forums, it used to be MyBB but after using XenForo, that is now my new favourite software. For everything else, I love WordPress. It's easy to use and has so many great plugins and themes available.

For me its Xenforo along with old copies of IPB 1.3. Used to enjoy all of IPB's software, but it quickly became not as good as it used to be.

MyBB was my go-to option before I had the pleasure of using XenForo. It is a complete forum software, and I'm in love with it. The only downside is that you have to break the bank for add-ons and the software itself is considerably expensive, especially for someone who has only ever used free forum software before XF.

I have used all the four major softwares in the market. Proboards is the most painful. I totally understand that xF and IPB are amazing but I dont think its any better than phpBB if you know the right people to talk to and the right websites to visit.

MyBB used to be good. But now the development and styles team is crap.

For forums, it used to be MyBB but after using XenForo, that is now my new favourite software. For everything else, I love WordPress. It's easy to use and has so many great plugins and themes available.
Agreed.
For me its Xenforo along with old copies of IPB 1.3. Used to enjoy all of IPB's software, but it quickly became not as good as it used to be.
What makes you say IPB isn't as good as it used to be?
MyBB was my go-to option before I had the pleasure of using XenForo. It is a complete forum software, and I'm in love with it. The only downside is that you have to break the bank for add-ons and the software itself is considerably expensive, especially for someone who has only ever used free forum software before XF.
Yeah, XF is expensive (same with IPB) but you get what you pay for.
I have used all the four major softwares in the market. Proboards is the most painful. I totally understand that xF and IPB are amazing but I dont think its any better than phpBB if you know the right people to talk to and the right websites to visit.

MyBB used to be good. But now the development and styles team is crap.
I don't think I've ever used proboards and I guess I was lucky lol

What do you mean right people to talk to and the right websites to visit?

What makes you say MyBB's dev team is crap now?

MyBB's dev team supposedly worked on MyBB 2.0 for 5 years only to cancel the entire plan and announce MyBB 1.9 instead - which we've been waiting for a few years already and it doesn't seem like it will be released any time soon. My advice is that if you can afford XF go with it, MyBB is not worth the hassle unless you're limited on a budget like me

I will go with Woltlab (didn't like it first, but as days went by i love it) and if i ever start a forum and think of Paid forum software i will go with Woltlab.

MyBB's dev team supposedly worked on MyBB 2.0 for 5 years only to cancel the entire plan and announce MyBB 1.9 instead - which we've been waiting for a few years already and it doesn't seem like it will be released any time soon. My advice is that if you can afford XF go with it, MyBB is not worth the hassle unless you're limited on a budget like me
Wow. I can't believe that happened. That is horrible of MyBB devs to do that. I agree with you now about MyBB dev team being horrible.

I will go with Woltlab (didn't like it first, but as days went by i love it) and if i ever start a forum and think of Paid forum software i will go with Woltlab.
Never heard of it before. Looks interesting.

Yes many don't know about the Software as Xenforo and IPB rules the market. Give their demo a try and see how do you like it.

There is no forum that i use specifically that i can say is my favorite however i generally take to paid software because there is a lot more functionality that they are able to offer.

i have used so many software, but the one i prefer for building website because of it's flexibility and the many features it offers is elementor. elementor is good especially if you are building e commerce website.

For forum, I use mybb and it has disappointed me in any way. Though, I'm not someone that really have time for software and all others, I still use mybb to forum.

For free forum softwares, I personally am keen on : myBB and phpBB. For paid ones, I myself prefer Xenforo over any others because it's the least expensive one from them all and the most customizable one and the most powerful one. I have been both staff and member on IPB forum communities as well as Xenforo's, and I must admit I have enjoyed a lot more my personal experience with Xenforo's TBH.

It can be any website like a blog, forum, hosting site, etc.

For forums, I LOVE IP.Board but it is expensive
I still think Xenforo is unrivalled when it comes to forum creation, but IP Board is fantastic despite their exorbitant charges. For website creation, however, my go to is Wix, no doubt.

I use Xenforo as my primary tool. Back in time, I was using MyBB, but after trying Xenforo, I decided that this soft is much better, especially older versions. I don't know why, but the devs of Xenforo made great versions, and new versions of their soft are not so stable. Compared with the newest versions. If someone can suggest me a better soft than Xenforo, it will be much appreciated. I always keep my mind open to alternatives. Also, if someone got suggestions on how I can improve optimizations of my site https://www.exposit.com/, it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I like wordpress for all kinds of sites such as blogs, online stores, and even forums. However, I also use forum software if I want to create forums. As far as software for forums are considered my preferance is for simple machine forums.

Newest Directory Listings

WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back