What's new

What is the percentage of ownership that you should have of a new business?

The founders should end up with about 50% of the company, total. Each of the next five layers should end up with about 10% of the company, split equally among everyone in the layer.
But what will happen in a situation in which the founder of the company does not have the the money to start up the company , then how will the person be able to control upto that amount you have mentioned ?

When you start a new business, one of the hardest things to achieve in the beginning is the capital that you need to put into the business in order to get it off the ground. Generally when it comes to Capital you can be funded by one of three ways. The first way is to fund the business yourself. The second way is to take out a loan from the bank and then fund the business. And lastly you could possibly look at getting investors into the business. If you get investors into your business then you are essentially selling shares to your business, and they will have a specific amount of say in the operations of the business as well unless they are considered to be silent investors.

What do you think is a good percentage of shares that you should own in your own business and that you should sell out? I think that you should own at least 51% of your business if you are able to afford it because this will allow you to still be able to make decisions as to majority shareholder.
I believe that working out a way for you to be able to run the business successfully is going to be to the benefits of the business running which will make sure that no one takes advantage of you.

Fifty percent is a good and conducive percentage form the owner of the company if there at many shareholders in the company but if I realises they are not much , I will prefer having at least seventy percent.
The founders should end up with about 50% of the company, total. Each of the next five layers should end up with about 10% of the company, split equally among everyone in the layer.

If you have the financial capability to get more percentage of ownership, it's definitely going to mean more money and profit from your return of investment in the business.
In my view I think it is better to a larger percentage in the investment. This is because it gives you if you should the opportunity to be in charge and so every other people can try to be behind you. This really work trust me.

If you have the financial capability to get more percentage of ownership, it's definitely going to mean more money and profit from your return of investment in the business.
Getting more percentage in your business simply means getting more percentage of ownership and also your gain and share in the company will definitely increases in the company.

Oh well, since it's your own, i believe that it is 100% for you, you own it comoletely, this percentage changes once you are in a partnership, and the profit depends on what you or the partner are contributing on
Any new business that you actually started for yourself is actually won't know 100% by you but if it is a situation whereby you need to invest in another person's new business you should have least have at least a minimum of 40% ownership.

When you start a new business, one of the hardest things to achieve in the beginning is the capital that you need to put into the business in order to get it off the ground. Generally when it comes to Capital you can be funded by one of three ways. The first way is to fund the business yourself. The second way is to take out a loan from the bank and then fund the business. And lastly you could possibly look at getting investors into the business. If you get investors into your business then you are essentially selling shares to your business, and they will have a specific amount of say in the operations of the business as well unless they are considered to be silent investors.

What do you think is a good percentage of shares that you should own in your own business and that you should sell out? I think that you should own at least 51% of your business if you are able to afford it because this will allow you to still be able to make decisions as to majority shareholder.
One thing about going into partnership in business is that you have to be willing to give out something that would be reasonable to the investor,because they are the ones bring in the money,57% is a good idea.

If your business is opened for investors to come in , then as a business owner I think you should be able to have at least 55% of the overall business share , then you can give out the 45% to people who are interested. That's not bad.

If you are the owner of a business who is willing to go into partnership then I advise that you should still have up to 30% of the company no matter what and you should be part of the board.

The percentage that you are going to have is going to be dependent on the amount of investors in the first place as you will definitely want to be a legend shareholder.

I prefer owning everything in my business, but if u couldn't have my ways and I have investors in my company , at least I prefer having seventy five to eighty percent share.

Great explanations! Of course you are right on point! In a case where you have others support you to build the business, it is not your business anymore. You have little or no say if care is not taken. Just as you advised, it better to at least have or own up to 50% of the company's shares. With this, it is certain that none of the investors can have up to 50% because that will mean having equal right and say and decision on the business. It is better to just be patient and have the needed capital before venturing or creating a business.
Probably, anyone that have up to 50% shares in any particular business is probably the highest owner. No one can actually measure up to that amount in terms of shares.

As the owner of the business, getting at least fifty percent of the shares is preferable and at least you are getting half of the profit you got from the business
Probably, anyone that have up to 50% shares in any particular business is probably the highest owner. No one can actually measure up to that amount in terms of shares.
As the owner of the business, getting at least fifty percent of the shares is preferable and at least you are getting half of the profit you got from the business

Owning more than 50% of the shares or stake in a business should qualify you as a majority owner in the business. This will mean that you will assume the greater risks and rewards attached to it.

most of the time what determines the percentage in which the owner of the business gets is the amount of money he or she used to start up the business. So the founder must be ready to invest a lot of money.

If you are the owner of a business who is willing to go into partnership then I advise that you should still have up to 30% of the company no matter what and you should be part of the board.
One of the things that usually make most business or organisation owners to want to give part consession of their firm are financial issues that the outfit need to fund a prospect about the operation of the company,but one need to retain at least over 45% of his company shares.

If I could have my ways as the owner of the business , I will prefer having at least sixty to seventy percent of the ownership right , but since you have investors that invested in your business , then at least 40 - 50% should be enough

Your ownership in the business is determined by the money you have invested if you are the only person who has invested, you have 100 percent ownership. If you are in a partnership business, your ownership will determined by how much you and your partners have invested. If you want to have the decision making authority, you need 51 percentage ownership

Your ownership in the business is determined by the money you have invested if you are the only person who has invested, you have 100 percent ownership. If you are in a partnership business, your ownership will determined by how much you and your partners have invested. If you want to have the decision making authority, you need 51 percentage ownership

There are many companies that are public limited companies. Those companies may be worth millions of dollars. In some cases, they are also worth billions of dollars as well. The largest shareholder in those companies tend to be the person who may have more influence as he owns the majority of the shares.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back