What's new

what is the difference between goods and product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A product is an item offered for sale. A product can be a service or an item. It can be physical or in virtual or cyber form. Every product is made at a cost and each is sold at a price. The price that can be charged depends on the market, the quality, the marketing, and the segment that is targeted. Each product has a useful life after which it needs replacement and a life cycle after which it has to be re-invented.
From my understanding that is not based on google. Goods is also a product but no brand is mentioned, for example when it comes to canned goods, we know canned but no specific brand is referred to. Product, on the other hand, already has a specified brand. I hope I understand correctly 😅

Both goods and services are mostly used interchangeably as though they are the same. And since the two is aimed at selling and making profits, their differences are almost neglected. Goods can mean anything physical. Things you can touch and feel, while products can be that too but extends more to unseen goods. Like services.

The major difference between goods and services is that Goods are basically objects or products while Services on the other hand are actions by people. Products are also said to be tangible and intangible things that is offered for sale while goods are always tangible material offered for sale.

Goods are the material items that the customers are ready to purchase for a price. Services are the amenities, benefits or facilities provided by the other persons. Goods are tangible items i.e. they can be seen or touched whereas services are intangible items.
Products and goods are used as synonyms in common parlance. However, a good is something that is tangible in contrast with the services which are intangible.

Goods are raw materials which can be physical and use to satisfy human wants while products are material that are offered for sale but in all both are all raw materials that help consumers to satisfy their needs.

I'm schools, even tertiary institutions make the mistake of seeing products as the same as goods. This is not so correct.
Products are the combination of both goods and services. Goods are physical products while services are non physical products.
I have seen instances where the so called professional teachers regard products as the same as goods.
Goods and services are products
Post automatically merged:

I'm schools, even tertiary institutions make the mistake of seeing products as the same as goods. This is not so correct.
Products are the combination of both goods and services. Goods are physical products while services are non physical products.
I have seen instances where the so called professional teachers regard products as the same as goods.
Goods and services are products

good is a synonym of product. product is a commodity offered for sales, this is been sell to people who are willing to consume it. while goods are produced to be sold and are finally consumed.

Products and equipment are used as synonyms in joint advertising. However, the good thing is that it is solid as opposed to services that are invincible. ... Anything, whether good or marketed in the market, is a product. Goods can be consumer goods or industrial goods.

A good is a physical unit of utility offered to a customer for monetary consideration. The striking factor in this definition is that it has to be physical before it can give satisfaction. A product is a good or service that can give satisfaction. Services are usually intangible so they can't be touched. So clearly the striking difference is that a product is a combination of a good and service. Goods are also divided according to the way they are used so you have industrial goods and consumer goods.

Last edited:
Products and goods are used as synonyms in common parlance. However, a good is something that is tangible in contrast with the services which are intangible. Both goods are services are products. Anything, whether good or service offered in the market is a Product. Goods may be consumer goods or Industrial Goods.

when we're are talking about goods and products they are two different things. Goods are solid and tangible materials will products are what is derived from the processing of a particular goods

a good is the items that is considered for sales and which can be placed on the market for purchase while a product may differ because it may be in form of services rendered to people or a particular brand of a company

a good is something that is tangible in contrast with the services which are intangible. ... Anything, whether good or service offered in themarket is a Product. Goods may be consumer goods or Industrial Goods.

A commodity offered for sake is called product.

Products and goods are used as synonyms in common parlance. However, a good is something that is tangible in contrast with the services which are intangible. ... Anything, whether good or service offered in the market is a Product. Goods may be consumer goods or Industrial Goods

This are two similar words that people find hard to differentiate. Goods are products that are produced, whether tangible or intangible to satisfy want. These two words are used interchangeably to denote the same.
Both goods and services are essential parts of a business. Goods are what a business is offering for sale to the customers, they are the product of a business establishment. Services are the quality of job offered by a business, they might virtual or physical.

Goods are things you buy for resale either in wholesale or retail while products are things you manufacture or formulate for sale. What is similar in the two of them is that they are both for sale but goods isn't necessary made by the seller while products is manufactured by the seller. Most times, products are trademarks of the seller and represents the brand of the seller.

I agree with y'all. I would just add that products can be a set of things, a wide range of things stack together. Whereas goods will most likely refer to a certain set of things derived from the bigger group of products.

T
A product is an item offered for sale. A product can be a service or an item. It can be physical or in virtual or cyber form. Every product is made at a cost and each is sold at a price. The price that can be charged depends on the market, the quality, the marketing, and the segment that is targeted. Each product has a useful life after which it needs replacement and a life cycle after which it has to be re-invented.
To me goods are those items you can easily get around you, while product are packaged items that are branded in other to look attractive to buyers.

Goods and products are almost synonymous in nature , because you could trade goods to earn more cash and also trade products. They are similar things i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back