What's new

what is the difference between goods and product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A product is an item offered for sale. A product can be a service or an item. It can be physical or in virtual or cyber form. Every product is made at a cost and each is sold at a price. The price that can be charged depends on the market, the quality, the marketing, and the segment that is targeted. Each product has a useful life after which it needs replacement and a life cycle after which it has to be re-invented. In FMCG parlance, a brand can be revamped, re-launched, or extended to make it more relevant to the segment and times, often keeping the product almost the same.
Goods and products are used interchangeable
It is just like saying what is the difference between food and meal
They mean the same thing Americans can call it products,while British can decide to call it goods

Goods are physical and tangible items produced through a process to satisfy human wants. A product on the other hand is term that includes goods and services as they both can be ones product. Most people use goods and products interchangeably and they could also mean the same thing.

the difference between goods and product​

Goods and services are the outputs offered by businesses to satisfy the demands of consumer and industrial markets. They are differentiated on the basis of four characteristics: Tangibility: Goods are tangible products such as cars, clothing, and machinery
Post automatically merged:

the difference between goods and product​

Goods and services are the outputs offered by businesses to satisfy the demands of consumer and industrial markets. They are differentiated on the basis of four characteristics: Tangibility: Goods are tangible products such as cars, clothing, and machinery

I really can't find any difference between the two terms goods and products because they both mean the same thing in my book. It all depends on the choice of words one is comfortable with expressing about his or business. Goods equals to products and vice versa.

For me, They are the same. I really don't see any difference

The producers make products. The producers make goods.

For me, They are the same. I really don't see any difference

The producers make products. The producers make goods.

You know sometimes people tend to ordinarily confuse themselves with simple English language. There is a reason why we have synonymous in English language. But when one tries to confuse himself by mixing things up, it becomes a mess and at the same time funny.

They have the same meaning.

"goods" simply means anything that is sold, traded, imported, or exported.

"product" may imply that it's something designed, manufactured, or refined by humans. In other words, it's not just raw materials/chemicals, it's something that has been prepared or manufactured for sale to customers (final consumers

I think this is just a business term. There is no much disparity in them except that one can be anything offered for sales by a business entity. Products are the elements of business, that is what a business has to offer in sales. It can be services, physical or virtual while goods are commodities that can be seen which a business is offering for sale.

For me there is no difference between the two, even in my days in Secondary school we use product and goods contextually only when you want to merge it with "services" that's when you can use "goods".

This are two similar words that people find hard to differentiate. Goods are products that are produced, whether tangible or intangible to satisfy want. These two words are used interchangeably to denote the same.

The both product and goods can be regards as the same thing but they may bit different. But there's no how you can explain a product without refer it as goods. Anyway, in my perspective, I can describe a product as a result of effort of person or results of process of combine a raw material to form another thing, product is a useful merchandise that produced from another things. While goods is a products that meant for sell out.

Products and goods are used as synonyms in common parlance. However, a good is something that is tangible in contrast with the services which are intangible. ... Anything, whether good or service offered in the market is a Product. Goods may be consumer goods or Industrial Goods

A product is an item offered for sale. A product can be a service or an item. It can be physical or in virtual or cyber form. Every product is made at a cost and each is sold at a price. The price that can be charged depends on the market, the quality, the marketing, and the segment that is targeted. Each product has a useful life after which it needs replacement and a life cycle after which it has to be re-invented. In FMCG parlance, a brand can be revamped, re-launched, or extended to make it more relevant to the segment and times, often keeping the product almost the same.
Goods can be anything from merchandise, supplies, raw materials to already completed products. All items that are movable and are sold to a particular buyer. Goods are usually categorised into any of the following: Hard goods: are consumer durable goods, such as appliances. While product is the item offered for sale. A product can be a service or an item. Every product is made at a cost and each is sold at a price. ... The price that can be charged depends on the market, the quality, the marketing and the segment that is targeted.

we can differentiate a good is something that is tangible in contrast with the services which are intangible. Anything, whether good or service offered in the market is a Product. Goods may be consumer goods or Industrial Goods that is having some mighty weight.

The difference between goods and product is that a product is anything offered for sale in the market be it goods or services while a good is a tangible thing that is not services offered in the market
Post automatically merged:

The difference between goods and product is that a product is anything offered for sale in the market be it goods or services while a good is a tangible thing that is not services offered in the market. Goods may be consumer goods or industrial goods.

I was thinking the question would have been the difference between goods and services. But for this purpose, goods and services are one and the same in my own opinion. There is no different, just symantics

Good post but you failed to differentiate product from goods. Goods can be anything from machandise which could be in its raw from exported or transported from one place to another. Nice one bro.

The terms goods and products are used synonymously. Goods is anything tangible that can be obtained in exchange for payment. Anything that is marketable whether goods or services is called products.

For all the response received so far, it has been awesome whereby I get understand more about the fact that there no major difference between other than just that there are similar in most situation.

Products can be services offered or even marketing but goods are things that are tangible something that can seen with the naked eyes and involve exchanging a commodity with money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back