What's new

What is the Best Anti-Bot/Captcha?

Alex

I'd would strongly suggesting using Google's reCAPTCHA. It's completly free to use, check out there website here with more information. As a webmaster, I used Google's reCAPTCHA and I managed to solve the bots and spam issue. Do you own a website? What Anti-Bot tool are using and what would your recommend and why?

I'm hopeful that XenForo will look at integrating reCAPTCHA v3, because spam scripts still seem to be getting through v2.

Ultimately I don't think there is an individual solution and best practice should now be to implement multiple anti-bot measures, such as Stop Forum Spam integration, banning disposable email domains, as well as some form of CAPTCHA. The more, the better.

I also go blindly with Recaptcha from Google because it can tackle a lot of spammers. I have never tested with spammers, but it will do and in these days hackers are breaking that captcha too.

I'm using phpBB for my forum and at first I used their captcha that came with the software system but I have a lot of elderly friends who wanted to sign up but couldn't read the captcha. So at the suggestion from a friend who used to do phpBB forums, I switched to the Sortable Captcha and I haven't had any complaints. I also haven't had any spammers sign up so I'm assuming it's working fine.

Just thought I would update this since I no longer use any form of CAPTCHA, to the untrained eye my forums are completely naked!

However, it's being defended in the background with a script called Spaminator. It seems to be pretty reliable and blocks automated signups before the account is even created, plus it also keeps things nice and straightforward for legitimate signups.

I still have disposable email domains blocked, but for every one you block five more are likely to appear in its place.

I think Google is the go to CAPTCHA software. It's the easiest one use compared to the rest. My friend literally can't read captcha when it comes to entering the text based kind, we call him a robot because of it lol. But sometimes I can't even read captcha like that. Which I understand makes it tough for bots to manipulate. But Google's captcha works perfectly I think.

I can only speak as a very frequent user, a point of view that should be taken into consideration by the website owners. Google's captcha is very good but many times it is repetitive without any reason. I prefer the less well-known QBK, which forces you to perform a little mathematical operation and certain movements with the mouse, or the solvecaptcha, which is not unnecessarily repetitive. On the other hand, the 'human captcha' service needs to improve substantially.

I absolutely HATE Google's CAPTCHA. I can't tell you how many issues I have had on it with sites since I use a lot of privacy-oriented plugins on my browser. More people are actually pulling away from it now and going with better options that are easier and less frustrating for users.

google captcha is the default choice for companies, but you should take a look at hcaptcha. You actually get paid for every captcha that is completed, and they are generally easier to do than googles recaptcha.

So while they're a better option than reCaptcha, they aren't perfect. Cloudflare and a few other trusted companies have articles and resources on why they chose hCaptcha over reCaptcha, so I'd recommend reading some of those.

I hope this helped, have an amazing rest of your day!

I never used reCapatcha . I just disable browser extensions one by one and see if this helps resolve the issue . It always works for me

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back