What if someone copies my site?

glitch

beep boop
1000 Posts Club
Mar 16, 2022
USD
$0.0000USD
Biznotes
I remember 10 or so years back, I was shopping on a site that sold wholesale items. It was a great place. I had thought that they changed their address and come to realize (my login information was not on the site anymore) that someone else had made a copy of the other site. It was exactly the same. The logo and everything. The only thing that was different was that one was somethingsomething.com and the other one was somethingsomething.net

I never found out what came of this but I would imagine they took legal action since I had received an e-mail warning me about the issue. What do you do in a position like this?

Actually to solve this kind of issue, is very confusing and it will be much better when you are the one concerned because there are several options that may come your mind to either use the person or to let him go.

Let who go of what??

As I asked in the question, this deals with someone copying your website and I want to know what can be legally done about it.

When someone copies your site it is called plagiarism. It is punishable by the law because the writer copied your site without your permission. You should take disciplinary measures by reporting the person to government officials so that the person won't be using your face to make money or your efforts to thrive.

For some one to copy your site, it is called plagiarism and if you want to sue the person is your choice, also I know people in such case that only sue someone only when the person become more famous than the do.

Copying of anything doesn't bring the best out if individual and it leads to depreciation in country value, I feel that is why it is against the law to copy write some ones original content,if any does that the you should sue the person

may be, here are a number of tips which clarify what to do when somebody duplicates substance from your site. Contact the site proprietor Reach out to the owner of the site and ask them to require down the page/pages. On the off chance that it is fair a single page or some plan components, they might work with you to settle it.

you should start by directly contacting the website owner, try to talk , also try to work on your own website change content and design.

For some to copy your website, is not even right to his own personality and it is called plagiarism and once you report such case to a court, the will make the person pay for that.

Just like you stated, the original domain extension was .com; you can always put out a disclaimer to your subscribers or community on other platforms about the correct address. That way, you'll save yourself a lot of stress or headache of worrying.

There are a couple of measures that you can use like sending them a message in order to bring it down and if they approve stubborn then you can send a message to their hosting provider.

Well if someone copy your website, you can first talk to him to change him website, if he do not respond then you can sue the person to the court and judgement will be done immediately.

For some to copy your website, is not even right to his own personality and it is called plagiarism and once you report such case to a court, the will make the person pay for that.
This should be the case but it seems like most places don't take it seriously. The story I mentioned on the OP, it took them 17 months in legal battles before the site actually got taken down and they lost over 40k in legal fees.

It is an offence punishable by the law so the best thing to do is to Sue the person to court and let the court make the person pay a for copying your work then deleting the copied work

I remember 10 or so years back, I was shopping on a site that sold wholesale items. It was a great place. I had thought that they changed their address and come to realize (my login information was not on the site anymore) that someone else had made a copy of the other site. It was exactly the same. The logo and everything. The only thing that was different was that one was somethingsomething.com and the other one was somethingsomething.net

I never found out what came of this but I would imagine they took legal action since I had received an e-mail warning me about the issue. What do you do in a position like this?

I think that you could make a copyright claim. However, before doing that, you should request the person to remove the content that they copied. If they comply, then it is all good. If not, then warn them about the consequences.

I think that you could make a copyright claim. However, before doing that, you should request the person to remove the content that they copied. If they comply, then it is all good. If not, then warn them about the consequences.
Yeah I know but I think the way the situation I mentioned was handled, it ended up taking a long time to actually solve the issue. It is crazy that people can just do this and get away with it for a while.

I have seen an occasion were by a site is green copied by several individuals, just because they love the site and also want to attract thesam kind of traffic on their new site, but I don't think the owner of the old site they copied took a legal action.
Some people can never hide their zeal to copy someone's work exactly, I have come across a sites that was copied by two people exactly, I don't know why they had to do that.

Last edited:
Actually if your website is legit and someone copied your website, you can sue such person for copyright infringements and such case will be justified in the court with a proper charges on top.

Let who go of what??

As I asked in the question, this deals with someone copying your website and I want to know what can be legally done about it.
The truth is some can copy your site and the copiers cannot be traceable .
The first step to take is knowing the person behind the copying I think

The truth is some can copy your site and the copiers cannot be traceable .
The first step to take is knowing the person behind the copying I think
I think this is hardest thing to do these day.
The rate at which cybercrime is increasing is quite alarming but however if per chance you tracked the imposter.
The hardest work has been done all you need to do is supply some evidence and he will be convicted and charged by the court of law.

Newest Directory Listings

Shortie
Forums
Clicks
Views
WWE Hub is a discussion forum for all things wrestling! Share and chat with other wrestling fans throughout the world!
momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
Back