greenie

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
5000+ Posts Club
Apr 28, 2020
USD
$-0.0600USD
Biznotes
I'm definitely a TV series guy what about you?

Me personally I feel TV shows are more well written especially these days and also I have a hard time sitting through a whole movie but if it was the 80's I would definitely go with movies.

That's depend to the serie or the movie you would watch i like both but if i have to choose i think series better
because you will take a long time to end them when the movie end in 2 hours or less

I say both ... those who are busy all the time they can't have the time to watch series but perhaps movies ... series watched mostley by tenagers ...

TV series. I can't remember the last movie I have watched. It has been years, I know that. The movie industry tanked. Movies just aren't as good these days and it isn't worth the cost.

I like to find the truth in both of them, what I mean I am a seeker of golden nuggets from movies and tv series.

I only like to watch the new movies on Netflix and EGGY Best, I don't like the series because I need more time to complete them reverse to the movies.

I am a TV series person too. I rarely watch movies, except if they are romantic comedies. As for the series, I love watching investigative series and comedy series. They are really so well written this days and watching one episode prompts you to watch the next three or more.

Both are essential and good electronics to utilize on, but I'm not a watching type. I occasionally watch something, which is football match.

I don't like TV series that much. But when we talk of movies most especially action movies than watching a TV series which I might not be able to follow up till the end.

I'm definitely a TV series guy what about you?

Me personally I feel TV shows are more well written especially these days and also I have a hard time sitting through a whole movie but if it was the 80's I would definitely go with movies.
I would still go with movies even in this present day because I get to see the end after some minutes but for series I may not be able to finish it up because of my work .

It depends.
I am under the impression that almost all of my answers start with "It depends", but what do you expect with such a vague question ? TV series are not better in every aspect than movies. The opposite isn't true either.
However, TV show are better in some aspects in my opinion. The length of a TV series allows the creation and development of characters with a depth that will never be possible in a movie. It's much easier to create characters with whom the viewers will identify. When I finish a series, I feel sad that I have to leave those characters, some of which are almost like my friends.
For the storyline, there are advantages too. The length of a TV shows allows a better development of alternative storylines and scenaristic detours, both of which enable the creation of a more profound and complete universe. Moreover, the "splitted" nature of a TV show create natural "chapters" which (when used well) make the show more enjoyable by creating artificial suspense and rythm.
But there are some things that will always be easier to find in Movies. The budget per video length is much, much higher in movies than in TV shows and we can say whatever we want, it's still a good thing.
Moreover, the amount of thinking and the work on the writing is higher in a movie, allowing the creation of beautiful concepts that would not be viable in TV shows (memento).
Besides, regardless of how much time was needed to create a concept, some are just not viable in a TV show format. Can you imagine a TV show that people enjoy for the same kind of reason that people enjoy The usual Suspects ? Seven ? Ocean's Eleven ?
There is also the problem of the rhythm. Although TV shows are very heterogeneous in that category, I've yet to find a series with zero "filler" episodes, where nothing really happen in the storyline. Many great movies keep you hanging on the side of you couch for an hour and a half.
So the answer is it depends. Or the answer is no, if I interpret the question literally. It all comes down to what you prefer and what you're looking for. Personally, I'm a TV shows kind of guy. But it doesn't mean that I don't enjoy a good movie from time to time. And I certainly can't say that TV shows are better.
Post automatically merged:

It depends.
I am under the impression that almost all of my answers start with "It depends", but what do you expect with such a vague question ? TV series are not better in every aspect than movies. The opposite isn't true either.
However, TV show are better in some aspects in my opinion. The length of a TV series allows the creation and development of characters with a depth that will never be possible in a movie. It's much easier to create characters with whom the viewers will identify. When I finish a series, I feel sad that I have to leave those characters, some of which are almost like my friends.
For the storyline, there are advantages too. The length of a TV shows allows a better development of alternative storylines and scenaristic detours, both of which enable the creation of a more profound and complete universe. Moreover, the "splitted" nature of a TV show create natural "chapters" which (when used well) make the show more enjoyable by creating artificial suspense and rythm.
But there are some things that will always be easier to find in Movies. The budget per video length is much, much higher in movies than in TV shows and we can say whatever we want, it's still a good thing.
Moreover, the amount of thinking and the work on the writing is higher in a movie, allowing the creation of beautiful concepts that would not be viable in TV shows (memento).
Besides, regardless of how much time was needed to create a concept, some are just not viable in a TV show format. Can you imagine a TV show that people enjoy for the same kind of reason that people enjoy The usual Suspects ? Seven ? Ocean's Eleven ?
There is also the problem of the rhythm. Although TV shows are very heterogeneous in that category, I've yet to find a series with zero "filler" episodes, where nothing really happen in the storyline. Many great movies keep you hanging on the side of you couch for an hour and a half.
So the answer is it depends. Or the answer is no, if I interpret the question literally. It all comes down to what you prefer and what you're looking for. Personally, I'm a TV shows kind of guy. But it doesn't mean that I don't enjoy a good movie from time to time. And I certainly can't say that TV shows are better.

I think so too but it depends on the kind of Tv series. I am a serious kind of guy. Although I do watch some movies but I prefer a well written TV series to any movie at all. I can boldly say tv series are better scripted than movies.

Newest Directory Listings

momode
Forums
Clicks
Views
ABCProxy is cost-effective, ethical residential proxies network!
coderway
Forums
Clicks
Views
AI digital artwork generator
ExplorerEvan
Forums
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Clicks
Views
Comments
Reviews
ForumExplorers.com is a free discussion board with topics and conversations for everyone. Camp, chill, and cook s'mores with forum friends. We would love to see you!
Back