❓ASK What cause a person to take a second job?

Matan_z

Staff member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Some do it because an economic reason, they must earn more in order to live. Some do it because they are bored in general and they must find an employment. And some have a hobby that could be used for a second job and then he double earns, he earns money, and he earns an hobby. So tell me what do you think?

Sincerem

Ledgendary Member
VIP Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
This could be due to the fact that their current job is not paying them well enough to finance most of their needs comfortably so the opt to taking a second job so they can increase their income.

Ektalakra

Familiar Face
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Not able to meet the basic requirements, previously I used to work as a primary school teacher, the salary equal to pocket money, so I had to take tutions and night I would work online to get some extra cash, even after so I was not able to save or expend money on extra.

Ononivami

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Taking a second job might be as a result of the fact that you want to increase your sources of income for financial freedom or it might be as a result of dissatisfaction from work.

Robust

Paragon Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Some people usually take a second job, most especially in the private sector in my country is because maybe in his or her first job, there may not be paying he or her well that is why.

Shigobad2020

Ledgendary Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
There are many things that might cause a person to decide in taking another job , firstly , it might be because of the low salary which he or she is getting in their current job, or it might depend on the environment you are working from , if you secure another job in a location closer to your house, then you might consider changing your job.

Ernestnari

BizNotes
There are many reasons why people might take a second job. The most common reason is to make more money. Other reasons include wanting to gain more experience, needing to make more money to support a family, or wanting to get out of the house. Some people might take a second job because their primary job doesn't offer enough hours. Others might take a second job because they want to learn new skills or meet new people. And finally, some people might take a second job because they want to retire sooner or have more financial security.

Oluwatobitomisin

Reputable
Verified Poster
BizNotes
This could be due to economy situation of the country or such persons feels tired of the old job or rather could not fi challenges he or she is facing. It could also be that the employer promises to pay more than the previous payment

Gilead

Addicted Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
There is no problem in having a second, third or fourth job. It's just a way of creating multiple streams of income for yourself and family I guess. Atleast with that, you have job security.

Psalmseen

Seasoned Veteran
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Taking a second job might be necessary if the income generated by the first job isn't enough and is not catering enough for one's need. With the situation of the world economy, this is actually advisable

Sotherefore

Ledgendary Member
Verified Poster
BizNotes
Personally , the only reason why I will prefer to take a second job will be because I just want to keep myself busy and at least have some money with me that's all. It's not easy to stay at home without having something to do.